News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is at the point in his addiction where any stressors will be dealt with by using. He was smoking crack cocaine while under media and police pressure. This is not teenage dalliance. The guy is in full blown addiction.

There are still huge stressors outside of the spotlight. The marriage he's stuck in, raising kids, lack of purpose, the blow to his self esteem after being propped up by so many, Lisi's influence, an arrest, days that end with y, etc.

I continue to stand behind my feeling that the only way he survives this is if he is arrested.
When you're drinking while driving during the day, you're not doing it to have a good time, you're doing it because you hate your life.

Probably because Robbie is cured and he is no longer needed - in fact, one can see the press release now ... "... that's all in the past and never happened. Or, if it did, I was in one of my drunken stupors. Subways, subways, subways."

The only question is whether he fell off the (band)wagon, or was pushed.

There is a chance that he might party less being out of the public eye. He uses chemicals (alcohol & various other drugs) as a coping mechanism - and he needs more of it when he gets more stressed.

"I'm under a lot of stress!" Is just another alcoholic excuse to get drunk. When there is no stress, they invent it. Smaller and smaller things start to become stressful. I remember many times when the alcoholic in my family had to knock back a few because their neighbour's nephew's dog passed away. Or something like that. It was really stupid and remote, but she just HAD to get drunk to deal with it.

Ok these "audience" questions - TCHC, councillor budgets, lad transfer tax and finding efficiencies? Guys I'm thinking they are all very fordian...who was in charge of acquiring the questions? I call fixed

Me too! I was reading the live twitter feed and I thought seriously? LTT and coucil budgets? This is what these people are concerned about? It made no sense to me at all. Is his nation that brainwashed that his agenda is now theirs?

So on Twitter, and here, and in the G&M comments on last night's debate, there is a common thread of "I really like Socknacki/he's the only one with real policies/he's the only one with real numbers/but he won't win/voting for him would be the waste of a vote".

Are we in collective fallacy land, are we just being way too timid, or are we still not completely able to count out the King of TCHC?

A quick look back at Calgary situation: three months before the 2010 meryl election, Nenshi was polling at 1%. That increased to 12% and 8% at subsequent polls. He won with 40% of the vote.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/10...hind-and-win-a-mayoral-campaign-nenshi-style/

Agree completely sweetlou. It's also worth adding that Nenshi polled 8% only 3 weeks before election day. I would not rule out the possibility that someone could yet pull a Nenshi. I haven't decided who I'm voting for, but Soknacki has surprised me with some really great ideas. I've never voted strategically in my life and I'm not about to now. When the time comes, I will vote for the best candidate.

As for counting out Ford, I still maintain he may drop out before long if his public polling numbers remain low through July and August. And that's only if another scandal doesn't come to light, which I also wouldn't rule out since Ford is definitely not sober. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a story is already circulating from last weekend.

And maybe Soknacki isn't the guy, maybe he doesn't have the qualities that made Neshi successful, but we can't have someone fresh come along unless we're willing to give candidates like him the chance. It was decided a year and a half ago that Chow and Tory were the only ones we could be certain could save us from Ford. They pretty much made us beg them to join the race, although it never really seemed in doubt that either of them would run for Mayor. But they're a lot like Smitherman, party insiders stepping in from above who prove in the bright light of the campaign to be uninspiring, weak in the face of Ford's lies and piggishness. It's sad given the insult that is the Fords to any notion of Toronto as a progressive city, that Chow and Tory are the only alternatives we could imagine.

Well said.

From visible at all times to not at all... safe to say Bobby's been sent packing? Hopefully media adds this to the questioning they will shout at Ford to no avail, eh?

There's been a taupe sedan with Quebec plates in Ford's driveway on two occasions that I happened to pass by during the day time last week. I thought the car might be Marier's. I wonder if it's still there?

Last edited:
Doug is getting fluffed on CP24 right now:

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 8m
LeDrew asks what Ford's plan is for the rest of the campaign. Doug dodges. Attacks Tory for record.

"plan" LOL.

The "plan" is to make sure that Ford doesn't relapse or get arrested before October 27.

When you're drinking while driving during the day, you're not doing it to have a good time, you're doing it because you hate your life.

People get this backwards all the time -- alcoholics don't drink because they hate their life, they hate their life because they drink.

Addiction is literally the subversion of normal though processes. You can logic your way out of an addiction, or even into the head of an addict. The addiction is the core of all the behaviour, and everything else is a rationalization to make the addiction fit into their personal narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back