News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was something else going on there when Rob Ford started talking about Eglinton Connects today in relation to the death of little Georgia Walsh, beyond the glaringly obvious.

It's another trick I've seen him use when he's tilting at the cost of various projects—and he mentioned it several times at that point in the press conference—the fact that they "didn't meet the warrants."

As I understand it, if someone submits to City Hall that we need a new traffic light at a particular intersection, the planning department sets out to determine things such as traffic and pedestrian flow to see if they meet certain arbitrary criteria that essentially quantify the concerns—the warrants. With that in hand, Council can then make a somewhat more informed decision of the true necessity of the traffic light.

Well, shortly before Rob left for his two-month vacation, I watched as council ran through a whole bunch of these things: the local councillor would speak to the concerns of his constituents, and Rob would say "it doesn't meet the warrants," so it's a waste of taxpayers money. (Of course, true to form, in most cases, the projects had already been approved. So he was really just ranting about things he has no control over.)

So, today, when asked about the repeated warnings from Leaside residents to councillors about the traffic in their neighbourhood, he fell back on the same talking point, essentially saying too bad about the little girl, but we still can't justify paying the money to make our streets safe.

Which I think, even though it took me a long time to get here, is arguably more ghoulish than the Eglinton Connects thing.

Ford is just a huge hypocrite when it comes to listening to constituents and traffic safety:

[video=youtube;Jby21VsP2og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jby21VsP2og[/video]

How does Ford keep getting away from calling the 'Eglinton Connects' proposal a two lane "highway". It's four lanes, plus turning lanes. How does he keep getting away with all this crap?

A quick check shows it breaking on twitter about 11 am
https://twitter.com/stephaniesmyth/status/489788614344454144

Some MD claims that there is never surgery performed on a baby toe. Well folks, I had surgery on my baby toe. I stepped on something and due to poor medical attention (not from my end) developed a deep tissue infection, which then went on to become a bone infection, due to poor medical attention (not from my end) - long story.

Nonetheless, I was limping badly for months, on crutches, air boot, with two bags of antibiotics attached to me 24/7. Obviously RF is not.

I have read most of the comments in the 4 major newspapers on articles about ford this week and over 90% are not favorable to him. lets hope that will be the same on Oct 27th.

I was about to say this was exactly the meeting I was referring to, only to discover it was from four years ago.

Turns out that "it doesn't meet the warrants," is an oldie but a goodie.

But to bring it up in response to a child's death is beyond the pale.

Ford is just a huge hypocrite when it comes to listening to constituents and traffic safety:

[video=youtube;Jby21VsP2og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jby21VsP2og[/video]

I first noticed the hospital story when Mayor Rob Frod made a joke about it, and folks, I can guarantee you, 100%, that the real fraud Mayor's office keeps an eye on that account.

From there I can't recall how I tracked down the original tweets, but I didn't even have time to pass it around to my friends before Doug emerged from their strategy session with the pinky-toe story.

Did anyone see him limping today? Because I sure didn't.

A quick check shows it breaking on twitter about 11 am
https://twitter.com/stephaniesmyth/status/489788614344454144

Some MD claims that there is never surgery performed on a baby toe. Well folks, I had surgery on my baby toe. I stepped on something and due to poor medical attention (not from my end) developed a deep tissue infection, which then went on to become a bone infection, due to poor medical attention (not from my end) - long story.

Nonetheless, I was limping badly for months, on crutches, air boot, with two bags of antibiotics attached to me 24/7. Obviously RF is not.

I think generally there's no surgery for a broken baby toe, but that's what Doug said it was and then made the stupid claim that surgery could be put off until the election. Terrible infection etc is/would be different, although m mom had circulatory problems and the top of her baby toe actually "died", fell off. No surgery (cringe cringe).

Anyone know the exact time when the toe story hit the news? Because it was 8:30 am when i tweeted that I saw him at TW. Was the toe story a response to being seen at the hospital?

It was quite a bit later than 8. I think I heard it first from Stephanie Smyth's tweet, probably before noon, not sure.

But I'm pretty sure it was in response to your busting him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back