News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philosophy 101 question: Would it be ethical for other candidates to remind voters that Mikey is the son of a murderer and a heroin addicted toothbrush thief, given that the only reason he thinks he has a chance is because of who his uncles are?

I know where I stand on this question. I think it was in a Royson James column I was reading last night where the word "mudslinging" was used to describe some of the comments directed towards Ford in the debate. How can any criticism of him be over the limit, mudslinging, when the man is a criminal who cowers from any questioning and is manipulating the public with his assorted scams like fake rehab? We're unable to deal with the Fords on their level because we cling to these higher values, which we just kind of adopt without seriously considering their foundations, like they're a brand we prefer at the mall.

Rob doesn't need a placeholder in Ward 2. He could switch his papers over regardless.

It's more likely they want Mike Ford to take the seat and then leave to let Doug run again in 2018. That way he won't have to face a potentially popular incumbent.

I wonder if Doug didn't run because he was expecting to be running in the provincial election, and hoping to be running for PC leader if the PCs didn't form a government?

Doug was never a real concern...I was always more interested in what Kouvalis\Towhey were up to in terms of governing....

Doug Ford took over after he fired Towhey....

And everything started the slow slide into the cespool.

No no, I agree. Doug Ford is the 'brains' in the context of the Ford family only.

I still see Diane as the don and Dougie as capo.

Not to disagree, but they may argue it is being held in honour of their mother and late father.

Although I would ask how a family with roots in Etobicoke and Ward 2 could love Scarborough so much. Even their family park is in Etobicoke.

They got away with it last year because it wasn't during an election, this time it's camping during an election using a city park. Maybe if enough people complain it could put a damper on Ford Fest. I know I'll contact CH Monday morning asking WTF is going on. Thomson Park is my family's park, so I'm taking this personal.:D

Last edited:
And everything started the slow slide into the cespool.

I still see Diane as the don and Dougie as capo.

Naw. If the spotlight wasn't on them, Diane would be gone already. In Doug's world, Diane can think she's the boss, but he's just paying lip service to her.

It's gonna be one helluva movie in about ten years........

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 4m

Ford Fest permit not yet issued but "meets the requirements of the policy as it was requested for a family event not a political event."

Jonathan Goldsbie
‏@goldsbie
Ford Fest permit not yet issued but "meets the requirements of the policy as it was requested for a family event not a political event."

They got away with it last year because it wasn't during an election, this time it's camping during an election using a city park. Maybe if enough people complain it could put a damper on Ford Fest. I know I'll contact CH Monday morning asking WTF is going on. Thomson Park is my family's park, so I'm taking this personal.:D

I'll give Councillor Doucette's office a ring on Monday and ask for an explanation.

Jonathan Goldsbie
‏@goldsbie

It stinks, but that was what I thought they would say.

I'll give Councillor Doucette's office a ring on Monday and ask for an explanation.
I am just so sick and tired of the Fords playing us for suckers. I'll try calling my councillor's office, but unfortunately I have Moeser, so not much help there. The Ford family motto should be "Better to ask forgiveness than permission". I can't stand people like them.

So will Ford Fest be dry because Rob has a recently-cured addiction, or because their line on free booze dried up?

The sad part about Mikey's candidacy is that he could very well win. The last vestiges of die-hard Ford Nation are in North Etobicoke.

This is the thing. A large percentage of the population of that ward has probably either already had a pothole fixed, or been personally threatened by one of the Fords by this point.

I am just so sick and tired of the Fords playing us for suckers. I'll try calling my councillor's office, but unfortunately I have Moeser, so not much help there. The Ford family motto should be "Better to ask forgiveness than permission". I can't stand people like them.

Since it's dry, I guess folks will have to bring a Scarborough suitcase. ( Ducks from Pattycakes lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back