News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! And I just paypalled him $100 about an hour ago. You get back $75 of that. Also nowhere near my latte-drenched riding, but will find out about volunteering.

I did the same too! Andray's war chest must be getting a big bump from people reacting to MiFo's candidacy. Unintended consequences indeed!:)

RoDoMiDiFo stuff
Hmmmm

(Forgive me Rogers and Hammerstein)

Do, or Doug - a nasty thug,
Ro - the cracky boozing son,
Mi - a kid (an addict's kid)
Fo - the spawn of all above!
So, if you're following this thread (the way that)
Law is following the Fo's (we hope!)
T, we love all that you've said (waves to JimmiT)
When it comes right down to RoFoDoFo...

EVERYBODY!

When...you...know...the...dots...to...bring!
You...can...see...most...ANYTHING!

And I'll show myself out.

Have a great day everyone!:D

Last edited:
So can we expect Mikey to start on developing a campaign platform, setting up a campaign office, and holding campaign events without Unky Doug looking over his shoulder? I wonder who he'll use to design his campaign website - I have a name to pass on to him. Best internet guy in the world!

I think Giambrone was our youngest councillor; 26 when elected. He's a bit of a special case as he had 10 years experience in politics at that point.

I'm not aware of Michael Ford having done anything in politics outside of his immediate family.

Student council.

AoD

Hmmmm

(Forgive me Rogers and Hammerstein)

Do, or Doug - a nasty thug,
Ro - the cracky boozing son,
Mi - a kid (an addict's kid)
Fo - the spawn of all above!
So, if you're following this thread (the way that)
Law is following the Fo's (we hope!)
T, we love all that you've said (waves to JimmiT)
When it comes right down to RoFoDoFo...

EVERYBODY!

When...you...know...the...dots...to...bring!
You...can...see...most...ANYTHING!

And I'll show myself out.

Have a great day everyone!:D
Bravo!

As you note, If you look past the toxic Ford brand all you have is a millionaire trust fund baby who has done nothing with his tremendous resources other than put in a few years of college and get a pilot's license. He could have chosen to spend his time as a community activist, as a volunteer or at a low-paying but high-learning job (being your uncle's dial-a-cab doesn't count).

He didn't choose his family, and he doesn't appear to behave like someone who was born on third and thinks they hit a triple. It's that he was born on third and thinks he's playing modern pentathalon.

Quite agree. Though since the Fords are the Canadian Kennedy's. I think it's fair to say it's possible young Michael Ford already has political greatness by virtue of osmosis.
Well at least that's what I inferred from Thug. And who am I to question that.

On a more serious note. I still can't quite grok Towhey in this whole saga. Kouvalis I can understand as a mercenary. Towhey, is like a riddle wrapped in an enigma baked in a macaroon.

I feel sorry for Mikey. I don't think he would have ever considered a run for council (at least, not any time soon) unless he was egged on by his uncles. And even if he wins, I'm quite sure the family expects him to be nothing more than a mouthpiece. That's a shitty thing to do to kid who's just reaching the age when he/she should be making their own choices about the future. Quite selfish and abusive on the part of the Ford Bros, IMO. Mikey hasn't opened his mouth yet, so it's possible he'll turn out to be his own man. But that possibility is remote, at best.

Also re Ford Fest: Glad to see the complaint letters going city staff. I'm sending one, too. That said, staff is in a tough position because the fest hasn't happened yet. Of course it's going to be a campaign event, but no one can prove that until it happens. Catch-22. This is another case where the Fords have shown us that our rules of conduct for local pols have no teeth. The Fords will apply for a family event, campaign like hell, then walk away laughing, leaving the rest of us to clutch our pearls. It's sick. Maybe the city should change its policy and say that all "community events" sponsored by a candidate during an election period are to be considered "political" when it comes to approving permits.

The Fords will apply for a family event, campaign like hell, then walk away laughing, leaving the rest of us to clutch our pearls.

Not necessarily, it's a public space so anyone wanting to protest is free to do as they please. Personally if I could free myself up I'd be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back