News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having coffee yesterday and got involved in a conversation with a few people about the Fords. It's hearsay, but this guy was laughing about how his brother used to buy drugs from Rob and Doug all the time. They were well known in the neighbourhood as small-time dope dealers it seems.

Amazing how much law-breaking silliness about him is reported in the media and each time was followed up with a free pass.

Talking on a cell while driving, the Dale incident, this - guess third time isn't the charm?

Well it seems the talking and texting on the cellphone while driving is something most people have not learned in this city

I'm voting for him again, he's done a better job running this city then any mayor I remember, I know the elitists on this board will cry foul but he's put this city back on a proper fiscal track. Funny how when Ford was championing subways lefty self serving councilors like Stintz said Scarborough didn’t need them and now all the sudden is pushing her own subway agenda through. Ford has the right ideas that the people of this city want. He won and he’ll win again…get over it.

Good grief. Again? How many times is Rob Ford going to break the law while mayor? Let's see if he has the balls to apolgize.

Apologize???

Rob Ford complained to the operator's supervisor. I think Rob Ford expects an apology.

I'm voting for him again, he's done a better job running this city then any mayor I remember, I know the elitists on this board will cry foul but he's put this city back on a proper fiscal track. Funny how when Ford was championing subways lefty self serving councilors like Stintz said Scarborough didn’t need them and now all the sudden is pushing her own subway agenda through. Ford has the right ideas that the people of this city want. He won and he’ll win again…get over it.

While I respect your opinion on who you want to vote for in the next Toronto Election, I disagree with Ford doing a better job running the city than previous Mayors and he will not win the next election. He does not have the right ideas to move the city forward (i.e. a subway-only plan, cutting the library budget, etc.) and he just does not want to work with others. Fine if he does not like Adam Vaughan or anyone else but put on a brave face, work with them and implement progressive municipal policies.

Last edited:
I'm voting for him again, he's done a better job running this city then any mayor I remember,
Your kidding, right?

What about the lies? What about the broken promises? He was elected on a platform of not cutting services, and he has broken this key promise time and time again? And yet we are facing huge tax increases in 2012. Didn't he also promise not to have those?

Please tell us little bit about yourself. I think it would be fascinating for many of us.

Apologize???

Rob Ford complained to the operator's supervisor. I think Rob Ford expects an apology.

Good grief. Again? How many times is Rob Ford going to break the law while mayor? Let's see if he has the balls to apolgize.

"Don't you know I'm Rob Effing Ford??? The waters, the streetcars, bikes, and pedestrians alike, part for my 313 lb ass when I need to get to Kentucky Effing Chicken!!!"

I had a friend who used to be the mayor of a small municipality of Vancouver. He wouldn't so much as J-walk or go 10km's over the speed limit while in office. He held his every action to the highest standard of exemplary citizen.

Apologize???

I yelled at Doug Ford for passing the doors of the Dundas Car I was alighting from. Of course, as with the 22 Minutes run-in, if he didn't make a big overreaction, no one would be the wiser. Moron.

Why would I get banned??? I'm bringing another view to a one-sided discussion. I have not said anything rude compared to the comments made by some form member about Rob Ford. Look at the numbers; I represent many voters in Toronto. Rob Ford has handled the unions, produced a smaller budget for the first time since I can remember and brought some fiscal responsibility to a free spending downtown biased council.

Neubilder nothing to be fascinated about, PM me and ask away I’m not intimidated by a good debate, but trying to mock me for a view held by a MAJORITY of Torontonians is unfair.

trying to mock me for a view held by a MAJORITY of Torontonians is unfair.

A majority? You do realize that the majority of votes in the mayoral election were for candidates other than Ford? Yes, he was elected fair and square, but that doesn't mean he had a majority (he didn't).

Also, his approval rating is consistently below 50%, so again, I don't know why you'd say his views are those of the majority.

Apologize???

how crazy is that.
RF violates another traffic law and gets caught, but he has the balls to complain about the TTC drver.

Please explain how he has done a better job, I'd really like to know.

Come, you don’t think the union would have an axe to grind with Ford? Ford has made it a point to get the unions in line. The TTC is a bloated operation, 62 million paid out in over-time last year alone! The TTC need to get their act together, thank god Ford fired Gary Webster and replaced him with someone who's actually making real changes, a move that many of you rallied against that I think has proven you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back