News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pesky integrity commissioner, and free booze!!!

FarahNasser 12:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
Mayor will be holding another public BBQ in Sept in Etobicoke. Will be on private property and Ford will serve alcohol...

One party in Scarborough, another in Etobicoke. Why does he need to throw two parties? Campaigning pure and simple.

Yes I sent my complaint formally through Parks complaint handling, and CCed the above as well.

I would CC complaints to Ward 38 Parks Supervisor Brian Chase, who directly oversees Thomson Memorial Park. His fax is 416-396-5127

Who needs training when you're a Fennedy?

Reminds me of what JFK himself once jokingly said about a telegram from his father, "Dear Jack, Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide.":D

Mayor will be holding another public BBQ in Sept in Etobicoke. Will be on private property and Ford will serve alcohol...

I speculated last night that the Fords have been quietly advised by the city to find another location for Ford Fest given the attention the issue has received and the bind it puts the City of Toronto in. It's the usual kid gloves treatment from Joe P. that actual average people like you and me would never get. My guess is if they can't find a private location, the city will grant the permit but will announce publically that there is to be no campaigning (knowing full well the Fords will ignore this).

I see there was some speculation at RFMG yesterday that perhaps the unusually busy staff activity was due to having to find an alternate location. https://twitter.com/rudydotca/status/490920806721916928

I hope the uproar is enough to dissuade the city from issuing the permit - the fact that other candidates are protesting is significant, and will be hard for the city to ignore. I'm tired of the city refusing to enforce its own rules. It really breaks what little faith I have in public institutions.

Tell me, considering that staring 2010 corporate/institutional and union contributions were banned that left only individual...what are you going to do? Companies, institions and unions are "persons" in the broadest sense their executives are the "individuals" and to a great extent they live outside Toronto boundries...Are you going to limit their franchise and ability to contribute because of that fact? If so I could see a Charter challenge coming...

Huh? If I grasp what you are saying, then no, if you do not live in Toronto (as an individual), then no, you should have no right to contribute to a Toronto campaign. There are residency laws already in place that can be used in this case to determine eligibility.

Will the servers be Smart Serve qualified? What if someone had too many pops, drove drunk and hurt themselves or some else? Can the neighbours complain? They still need a permit in order to serve booze.

Huh? If I grasp what you are saying, then no, if you do not live in Toronto (as an individual), then no, you should have no right to contribute to a Toronto campaign. There are residency laws already in place that can be used in this case to determine eligibility.

Then all that need be done is have a PO Box with an "M" prefix for a mailing address and your good to go.....it doesn't make a difference where you reside...however if you are suggesting residency laws as that pertain to the elegibility to elect were also are in effect for contributions then there is another story....Charter Challenge

Nobody posted this yet?
Mohammed Farah, broker of Rob Ford crack video, has charges against him dropped
Project Traveller charges against 4 people withdrawn by Crown

Charges have been withdrawn against several people arrested in the infamous Project Traveller police raids, which led to the investigation of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his friend Sandro Lisi.

Notably, Mohammed Farah, the man who tried to broker the sale of the video showing Ford smoking what appears to be crack cocaine, has had all charges withdrawn.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...deo-has-charges-against-him-dropped-1.2713418

Is it really necessary for the Fords to scramble...I think not as long as they have a decent relationship with their major Toronto competitor...Metro Label...there is all kinds of parking at and near their location, there is green space and it is in an industrial area thereby causing little traffic congestion....best of all it is in Scarborough...

Nobody posted this yet?
Mohammed Farah, broker of Rob Ford crack video, has charges against him dropped
Project Traveller charges against 4 people withdrawn by Crown

Charges have been withdrawn against several people arrested in the infamous Project Traveller police raids, which led to the investigation of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his friend Sandro Lisi.

Notably, Mohammed Farah, the man who tried to broker the sale of the video showing Ford smoking what appears to be crack cocaine, has had all charges withdrawn.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...deo-has-charges-against-him-dropped-1.2713418

Posted by me three pages back, then mostly buried under speculation about Mikey Ford and airplanes

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 6m
"The Fords are breaking the rules" John Tory campaign on the Fords trying to get a city park permit for Ford Fest #TOpoli #RobFord

I was wondering when the Tory campaign would say that.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 35m
"The permit has not yet been granted" city spokesman on the permit for Mayor Rob Ford's Ford Fest Scarborough #TOpoli

Posted by me three pages back, then mostly buried under speculation about Mikey Ford and airplanes

Jeez, who cares if Mikey or other pigs can fly or not.

I wanna hear speculation on the dropped charges instead! What does it all mean? Are TPS giving up on the whole thing or are they concentrating on Ford's via Lisi connection instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back