News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charges were flat out withdrawn. That's not a plea deal. And if they were cooperating with police, the charges would have been stayed rather than withdrawn, meaning if they didn't follow through in court, the charges could be reinstated.

Interesting! (But not in a good way...) Does anyone recall if any of those four were picked up in the Traveler raids, or before/after?

ETA: Said had his charges dropped. Siad (the tape owner) is still charged.

Last edited:
I should clarify so as not to cause too much disappointment - it doesn't mean that they're not cooperating with police, just that it doesn't look to me like an "if you do X, we'll drop the charges" situation.

There was polling done last week but we haven't heard any results. It was done midweek so it should be out by now, I'm wondering if it was commissioned by any particular candidate, and the results weren't quite what was expected.

There was polling done last week but we haven't heard any results. It was done midweek so it should be out by now, I'm wondering if it was commissioned by any particular candidate, and the results weren't quite what was expected.

You mean Ford did better than expected?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
Not even clear why it matters if the event is political - city rules say no parks permits will be granted to candidates during elections.

Last edited:
Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 2m
For the 1st time, this year all Muskoka municipalities are raising the Pride flag. Rob Ford's going to need a cottage to escape his cottage.

Too funny!

So ... does this mean these four are considered by TPS to be only minor players in Project Traveller and not worth pursuing? Dumb sounding question I realize.

Either that, or they hadn't really committed crimes. IIRC, the broker,Mohamed Farah, was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm, which he said did not belong to him and that he didn't even know was in his apartment. Obviously, the Crown essentially agrees with him and has determined that no crime has been committed, at least not one they can prove. People here who are saying this looks like plea deals in exchange for testimony are jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
I just got an email from the office the integrity commissioner with regards to my complaint about the park situation.

The IC is experiencing a "higher than average volume of inquiries". :D

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 2m
For the 1st time, this year all Muskoka municipalities are raising the Pride flag. Rob Ford's going to need a cottage to escape his cottage.

Too funny!

Maybe a dacha somewhere in eastern Siberia. Preferably in exile.

tumblr_lyf77eJupa1qbq2kzo1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back