News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the sit-in. The number of tourists who come by Ford's office is really quite alarming. There are about two dozen in his reception area right now.

He apparently also deleted his Facebook page. Will be interesting to see what he has to say on his own (media are already trying to get him to talk).

Ward 2 candidate Luke Larocque just pointed out that he actually has another, civilian account that's little tweeted from. About a year ago he was posting tweets like "#thegoodlife" and "Rob hangin with the boys".

Ya, Ekos was the closest during the provincial election. Forum had Liberals and PCs neck and neck for the most part until the end.

Forum's results showed wild swings from poll to poll. In addition, the Forum polls showed high numbers for the PCs throughout. (On June 5 - the week before the election - they had the Libs and PCs within 2 points. In poll before that one, they had them tied at 36.)

Forum's landline-only approach is suspect - it results in higher than average older respondents and lower than average younger respondents. They use math to adjust, but that doesn't resolve the issue of excluding the entire population of people with cellphones.

The only poll I'm inclined to trust is an EKOS poll - they call landlines and cellphones, plus they have an invite-only online sampling method.

Summary of Ontario election polling results: http://www.electionalmanac.com/ea/ontario-election-polls/

Couldn't help but noticing the toilet in the photo. Don't the Fords and DMW hate toilets?

Party til ya puke at Ford Fest is gonna have a missing element, no?

Thomson Memorial Park doesn't appear to have public toilets, and I doubt they'll be allowed to use the ones at the Scarborough Historical Museum (if they have them). No doubt the Fords have some discounted slightly-damaged portapotties lined up.

I captured Rob Ford not looking too well at a press conference this morning. Judge for yourself:

LxqAjfT.jpg

B8wQS4N.jpg

Wow. So 2/3 of the poll respondents were 55 or older. And only 20% of the respondents are under 45. And then they extrapolate from that. Yep, a real poll can't come soon enough.

For the keeners in the audience, here are some statistics on the projected breakdown by age group in the GTA
http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/economy/demographics/projections/table10gta.html

Last edited:
I captured Rob Ford not looking too well at a press conference this morning. Judge for yourself:

LxqAjfT.jpg

B8wQS4N.jpg

My assessment -- he's thinking "I guess I've been a bad, bad boy. Maybe as bad as some folks are saying. I've really fucked up. I'm going to lose".

So it's notable that though Ford shows high support from the youngest demographic, only a very small subsection of them were polled, and only the ones with access to a landline. Not really a very good sample there.

Is it a by-law that prevents campaigning, or a policy?

I seriously doubt that there will be any repercussions when the Fords inevitably blatantly ignore city policy. There never has been in the past, so why would that change now? By the time the IC or Ombudsman files a report about it, it won't matter anyway because none of these losers will be in office.

"Senior City staff met with the Mayor's Office on Monday to review the policies that must be followed during the event. A letter was also provided along with a copy of the applicable policies."

And what did Ford do? He made FordFest robocalls linked to his campaign office and asked if he would receive "support", the very next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back