News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ford can't even plan ahead and get a liquor permit for a party, how can anyone expect him to be competent enough to be mayor of a city!

'Piss-up in a brewery' joke goes here.

What are the odds they decide to ignore the whole permit thing altogether and send Mikey to pick up a couple of pops before/during?

Sounds like a stretch to me. I'd chalk it up to coincidence.

My understanding is that Tim's are franchises. Accordingly, the "I saw the security tape and it was Doug" came from franchise and NOT corporate office. Doug hands out Timmie's cards - betcha he buys them from this franchise. Good find re: Colley!!..Colley may well have leapt from franchise to Head office but first met Fords at the store. With Ford's the coincidences tend to usually be something more..

I believe this was the original, with a reply.

Let’s consider the Keyes Constant. 27% of the population is batshit crazy or wants to vandalize CH with more Ford. Note that RoFo has exactly 27% in the Forum poll reported in the star. Selah.

Now, has the Ford campaign absorbed all the crazy in Toronto? If so, there’s no getting more of the Keyes Constant folks out of the other campaigns to come over to Ford. They’re already there.

So how to drain the other candidates support down to less than batshit crazy 27%?

How about the “thinking man/woman� How many of that group (sorry, elite) now support Chow or Tory? How many might be enticed over to the real mayor for the thinking man/woman: Dave Soks? Many, perhaps, but some thinkers are thinking about voting strategically, dontcha think?

Similarly, how many Tory or Chow voters could be brought over to Stintz? If Karen Stintz is as dumb as she sounds, I’m not sure what she’s got to offer. Right-wing women voters who ride the TTC a lot? I’m lost there.

Conversely, if Stintz quit and supported Ford, how many of her supporters would follow? Even if she threw in a free Metropass, I can’t see women who support Stintz going over to Ford. YMMV.

Still, I think this "drain-not-boost" strategy may have legs. Anybody else got 2 cents?

The stars may yet be aligned for Rob Ford come October, if Stintz and Soknacki stay the course and deny 10% of more of the votes to Tory and Chow. If either one withdraws, they might leak a few supporters to Ford ... but Ford's relative position would likely suffer a fatal blow, given his abysmal approval rating. So Ford is highly motivated to keep BOTH Stintz and Soknacki running and moreover, to hype their numbers as much as possible. Conversely, if either Soknacki or Stintz drop out, it probably becomes a two horse (Tory and Chow) race. So the potential for some backroom deals here is tremendous. BTW, it will be interesting to see if these latest poll results trigger any shifts in the strategic (i.e. anti-Ford) vote.

Last edited:
The stars may yet be aligned for Rob Ford come October, if Stintz and Soknacki stay the course and deny 10% of more of the votes to Tory and Chow. If either one withdraws, they might leak a few supporters to Ford ... but Ford's relative position would likely suffer a fatal blow, given his abysmal approval rating. So Ford is highly motivated to keep BOTH Stintz and Soknacki running and moreover, to hype their numbers as much as possible. Conversely, if either Soknacki or Stintz drop out, it probably becomes a two horse (Tory and Chow) race. So the potential for some backroom deals here is tremendous. BTW, it will be interesting to see if these latest poll results trigger any shifts in the strategic (i.e. anti-Ford) vote.

I should have noted that the reply was from Lamport - Davenport.

Only the pic was mine. I thought it went well with the original poster's title, "Doomsday Scenario".:)

Just had CP24 on while taking a bit of a lunch break. For the record, the former performer Snow is no relation. Dayum what an idiot. Carry on.

That's ridiculous. The event itself is campaigning whether or not there are political speeches or fridge magnets.

Rob Ford's camping team is really shaping up. Ben Johnson, Snow, Iola, and Mr. Canada. I don't think they're much of a match for the Iron Sheik though.

Rob Ford's camping team is really shaping up. Ben Johnson, Snow, Iola, and Mr. Canada. I don't think they're much of a match for the Iron Sheik though.

On Twitter:

"David Blaine, Ben Johnson, Snow, that guy from TRAILER PARK BOYS ... it's always 1995 in Doug Ford's head, isn't it?"

My understanding is that Tim's are franchises. Accordingly, the "I saw the security tape and it was Doug" came from franchise and NOT corporate office. Doug hands out Timmie's cards - betcha he buys them from this franchise. Good find re: Colley!!..Colley may well have leapt from franchise to Head office but first met Fords at the store. With Ford's the coincidences tend to usually be something more..

No offence, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Colley is an accountant by training and her experience is on the corporate/consultancy side. You can see the deets on her LinkedIn page.

Last edited:
I should have noted that the reply was from Lamport - Davenport.

Only the pic was mine. I thought it went well with the original poster's title, "Doomsday Scenario".:)
Duly noted. FWIW, I was the "original" poster. And the pic is pretty cool, but I figured it was already on the page.

Just had CP24 on while taking a bit of a lunch break. For the record, the former performer Snow is no relation. Dayum what an idiot. Carry on.

Snow confirmed idiot. He had dropped by CH to visit Rofo and was interviewed by CP24 as he left. Admitted that he didn't know anything about municipal affairs or "the left-wing thing" and the right-wing thing, but supports Rob 100% because he did everything he said he would and only had a couple of indiscretions in his private life, the kinda thing everyone does. F*(^#$%!!!

As well, the fawning of CP24 reporter Farah Nasser and anchor George Lagogianes over this formerly famous musician, *while reporting on issues at Toronto City Hall*, was just gross.

Edited to add: report here -- http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...pper-snow/article19748843/#dashboard/follows/

Buddhism for imbeciles -- “You gotta live in the now. I live in the now. So the past don’t exist and the future don’t exist. Only now. What I’m doing now, I got love for him, you know what I mean?”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back