News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading about all the people who left/quit city hall when Ford became mayor but I can't find it now but did find this, which is interesting IMO.

The secret list of civilians the Ford administration supposedly wanted to sit on city boards and agencies.
This one caught my eye. Remember the denial about Rob being at Tims before his trip to the spahab. I wonder if she pulled any strings for that denial. (I believe the young woman did see him. https://twitter.com/caylaclarkson/status/463660752142737408)

Lindsay Colley
Appointed: Not initially, but later appointed to replace Stephen Dulmage.
Who she is: Colley is the manager of sustainability at Tim Hortons Inc.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_for_city_boards_and_agencies_revealed.html#

Last edited:
The intent of the robocalls is to solicit support for a particular candidate which fits the definition of telemarketing...

"Telemarketing refers to the use of telecommunications facilities to make unsolicited telephone calls or to send unsolicited faxes to consumers for the purpose of solicitation. Solicitation is defined as the selling or promoting of a product or service, or the soliciting of money or money's worth, whether directly or indirectly or on behalf of another party."

1. Not the fordfest call. It's not political (snort)!
2. Political calls are exempt

I should not have said that. My apologies.

There is some truth to that though. Look at Chris Christie and his presidential bid. People were critical of his weight and he recently got some form of surgery to deal with it. Also, this is far from being scientific, but I read that slimmer candidates get more votes.

Uh-oh.

KFC to offer beer at two Toronto locations -- http://www.thestar.com/business/2014/07/24/kfc_to_offer_beer_at_two_toronto_locations.html

<excerpt>

So you feel like an ice cold bottle of Heineken on a patio. The Colonel can hook that up.

The first outlet opened last December on Yonge St. just south of Bloor St., while a new store launches Thursday in the popular Stockyards area at St. Clair Ave. W. and Weston Rd., complete with outdoor patio.

</excerpt>

Anyone remember this? -- http://www.thestar.com/opinion/publ...of_ford_caught_at_kfc_leaves_a_bad_taste.html

I recall reading about all the people who left/quit city hall when Ford became mayor but I can't find it now but did find this, which is interesting IMO.

The secret list of civilians the Ford administration supposedly wanted to sit on city boards and agencies.
This one caught my eye. Remember the denial about Rob being at Tims before his trip to the spahab. I wonder if she pulled any strings for that denial. (I believe the young woman did see him. https://twitter.com/caylaclarkson/status/463660752142737408)

Lindsay Colley

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_for_city_boards_and_agencies_revealed.html#

Sounds like a stretch to me. I'd chalk it up to coincidence.

So a thought occurred to me.
I live near Fordfezt and also metro labels.

How many flyers would they give me if I was to advertise around the perimeter? Or a bunch of us?

That would be too funny.

Lindsay Colley

A couple of weeks ago, a gentleman came to my door campaigning on behalf of a candidate for Councillor. I took one look at the flyer and asked if he was in any way associated with our beloved mayor and the answer was a definitive no. I had my doubts based on the fact that the flyer was in the typical Ford colours as well as there was a "connect the dots" reference on the flyer. Would it surprise anyone to find out that in fact this candidate is Angelo Carnevalle and he is listed in the Star article?

Which brings me to wonder: how do we expose Ford sympathizers and publicize them (those that are not currently on council)?

Uh-oh.

KFC to offer beer at two Toronto locations -- http://www.thestar.com/business/2014/07/24/kfc_to_offer_beer_at_two_toronto_locations.html

<excerpt>

So you feel like an ice cold bottle of Heineken on a patio. The Colonel can hook that up.

The first outlet opened last December on Yonge St. just south of Bloor St., while a new store launches Thursday in the popular Stockyards area at St. Clair Ave. W. and Weston Rd., complete with outdoor patio.

</excerpt>

Anyone remember this? -- http://www.thestar.com/opinion/publ...of_ford_caught_at_kfc_leaves_a_bad_taste.html

I tried this place recently. It was the worst burrito I have ever had. The chicken tasted terrible and it had way too much rice. I'll never make that mistake again.

Crazification factor (alternatively known as the "Keyes constant") is a neologism coined by blogger John Rogers to refer to the portion of the electorate comprising the nuttiest of the wingnuts and the batshit crazy.

Let's assume the crazification factor is true--which it seems to be given the inexplicable polling results. And, let's do a little math.

Take a population of 2000.
25% will vote for insanity no matter what 25% of 2000= 500

However, of the 2000, only half vote. Therefore left with 1000 voters.
25% vote Ford=250

Clearly voter turnout will be greater than 50% in this election. (hopefully)
Assume a percentage increase of non Ford voters to 65% and that Ford Nayshun will remain at 50% turnout. (Assume no increase in FN folks due to hubris)

Then 65% of (2000-500) = 975

Split that between Chow and Tory (this is key--eliminate Stintz and move those votes to the forerunners) and...
975/2=487

480>250

What is needed is more participation from non Ford Nayshun. All is not lost. Do not give up the fight even if 25% won't vote any other way but Ford, by simply increasing voter turnout, he will become one for the record books.

Sorry that I couldn't find the original quote about the Keyes constant and that I'm a little late regarding polling but I thought I could buoy some spirits with math!

JProskowGlobal 12:04pm via TweetDeck
City confirms parks staff will be working on overtime to enforce FordFest restrictions - Ford's will foot the O/T bill.

JProskowGlobal 12:04pm via TweetDeck
City confirms parks staff will be working on overtime to enforce FordFest restrictions - Ford's will foot the O/T bill.

They will make themselves out to be martyrs and people will fall for it.

Sorry that I couldn't find the original quote about the Keyes constant and that I'm a little late regarding polling but I thought I could buoy some spirits with math!

I believe this was the original, with a reply.

Doomsday scenario

It's interesting (and somewhat predictable) that Rob Ford is polling on or near the Alan Keyes constant (27%). However, Ford's future poll numbers have a hard ceiling on them due to a population that understands Ford is not only an extremely distasteful individual but an extremely ineffectual politician. Conversely, it's going to be nearly impossible for his numbers to dip below the Keyes constant. Once Ford's handlers accept this, they'll realize that the easiest way for him to win this election is for him to boost Stintz' and Soknacki's numbers at the expense of Chow and Tory. There's not a lot of upside in Ford spending much more time and money on his own campaign, when the biggest bang for the buck is getting his staff and volunteers to boost Stintz and Soknacki.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Let’s consider the Keyes Constant. 27% of the population is batshit crazy or wants to vandalize CH with more Ford. Note that RoFo has exactly 27% in the Forum poll reported in the star. Selah.

Now, has the Ford campaign absorbed all the crazy in Toronto? If so, there’s no getting more of the Keyes Constant folks out of the other campaigns to come over to Ford. They’re already there.

So how to drain the other candidates support down to less than batshit crazy 27%?

How about the “thinking man/woman”? How many of that group (sorry, elite) now support Chow or Tory? How many might be enticed over to the real mayor for the thinking man/woman: Dave Soks? Many, perhaps, but some thinkers are thinking about voting strategically, dontcha think?

Similarly, how many Tory or Chow voters could be brought over to Stintz? If Karen Stintz is as dumb as she sounds, I’m not sure what she’s got to offer. Right-wing women voters who ride the TTC a lot? I’m lost there.

Conversely, if Stintz quit and supported Ford, how many of her supporters would follow? Even if she threw in a free Metropass, I can’t see women who support Stintz going over to Ford. YMMV.

Still, I think this "drain-not-boost" strategy may have legs. Anybody else got 2 cents?

View attachment 30384

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago, a gentleman came to my door campaigning on behalf of a candidate for Councillor. I took one look at the flyer and asked if he was in any way associated with our beloved mayor and the answer was a definitive no. I had my doubts based on the fact that the flyer was in the typical Ford colours as well as there was a "connect the dots" reference on the flyer. Would it surprise anyone to find out that in fact this candidate is Angelo Carnevalle and he is listed in the Star article?

Which brings me to wonder: how do we expose Ford sympathizers and publicize them (those that are not currently on council)?

I apologize ahead of time...I haven't figured out how to link....however if you go over to Toronto Municipal Election 2014: Toronto Council Races and look up post #404 it is a start....you might also want to go to 43 Down Facebook (a Neil Flagg site) for updates on Fordian style candidates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back