News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What message, it's all garbage. Nobody is taking him seriously. Today's presser was shocking.

You're smart enough to see through it because you follow it. To many, its Rob on TV again saying he's going to create jobs and lower taxes and fix transit too.

The message... "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."

Mr. Ford, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"I choose Business Ethics"

331jggg.jpg

Okay, by Ford Logic - all the cranes in the sky are in downtown, and that's where all the jobs are. Since jobs are more important than transit, we should can the BD extension now and save ourselves a few bucks.

AoD

So what I got out of that presser is that Ford never cared about transit and has no intention to build anything.

I heard that he also said that cutting the vehicle registration tax created jobs ... I guess because people who otherwise would have taken transit to work were suddenly able to afford a car? Help me out here.

So I guess next week we can look forward to news that Kathy Ford will be kidnapped by a rogue drug cartel, Doug will threaten the entire TPS with "payback", and Rob will do a presser on the importance of civility in municipal government. October 27th seems soooo far away...

If you care about transit so much why don't you go get a job.

Ha, Ford's argument seems to be the opposite of what a lot of people think. Usually some narrow-minded politicians will say only poor people take transit, yet he's somehow saying poor people drive instead? Or walk? I just don't understand how he is even still in this race. The fact that he's second place in the latest poll and could actually win again just makes me so depressed for this city and its people. I guess we'll get what's coming to us.

Last edited:
Mark Twohey also opined that (a) transit should be privatized, and (b) why can't people just carpool.

Didn't hear this particular Twohey moment, but some time ago I heard him on a 1010 radio panel segment (i.e. four right-wing 1010 yahoos, plus John Moore) and Twohey more or less suggested that *every* function of society needed to be privatized, with the exception of the military. Transit, health care, utilities, transportation infrastructure, education, everything. Excepting the military of course (said ex-military man Mark Twohey). A true right-wing idealogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back