News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRL would take pressure off Lines 1 and 2 which would make the system faster for people coming in from the east

Say you work at Ryerson and live in Scarborough - instead of waiting for five trains north on Yonge and two trains east on Bloor you can walk or take subway down to Queen or King (wherever the line goes) and shoot straight over to Pape. And if you think Yonge line is bad now, wait 20 years.

Tory's plan is similar except you go down to union and take a go-style train up to Main and walk the block to the subway.

Unfortunately, the Escalade in the driveway isn't a smoking gun. Can be too easily dismissed by just claiming he left it at home while using another vehicle or was riding along with someone else.

It will also make the media look like they're stalking him, something they're already being unfairly heavily criticized for.

True enough but I still think there's a way to catch him creatively.

Got a question...How is the DRL as proposed be better at serving Scarborough tansit users? The proposed line goes nowhere near Scarborough it could be just as easily called the North York Relief Line or Don Valley West Relief....Scarberians would still be required to transfer and not only that they would be forced I say forced into using the above ground portion of the Eg/Crosstown to access the DRL....and if that is the case why the effort into a B-D Extension why not a seamless connection between a Scarborough LRT and Eg/Crosstown?

Wrong thread, bro.

Up Pape/Donlands/Greenwood (makes no difference they all funnel to Millwood anyway) and dumps you where not Scarborough....the Eg/Crosstown that awful ABOVE GROUND LRT that sticks in Scarberians craw...
The DRL as envisaged is relief for Leaside and Don Mills (there is even a Don Mills LRT in the future) not Scarborough.....

To me the best solution is a seamless Eg/Crosstown-Scarboro LRT making Eg a second (or third if you include Shep) transfer station going North/South....with that you have fountain system North-Shep/ Central-Eg/South Scarborough-B-D all connected thru the Eg/Crosstown (Shep at Morningside and B-D at Kennedy)

Got a question...How is the DRL as proposed be better at serving Scarborough tansit users? The proposed line goes nowhere near Scarborough it could be just as easily called the North York Relief Line or Don Valley West Relief....Scarberians would still be required to transfer and not only that they would be forced I say forced into using the above ground portion of the Eg/Crosstown to access the DRL....and if that is the case why the effort into a B-D Extension why not a seamless connection between a Scarborough LRT and Eg/Crosstown?

Try here:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/6155

It was unsurprising to see CP20FORD carrying "Mayor" Assclown's latest asinine stunt - the "challenge" to Harper, et al - as if it were real news, but still annoying as hell. Likewise hearing about people approaching him at the Argos game, begging for selfies. You know, by all rights, Ford should be an out-and-out pariah by this stage; that he's still being treated as a celebrity, even of the freakshow tabloid variety, is nothing short of amazing.

Does anyone else get a gold digger vibe from Leanne? She's obviously not the brightest bulb in the box, so I could see her having delusions upon meeting Rich Fat Boy in rehab that she'd hit the proverbial jackpot. The fact that the real power brokers in the Ford Family would never allow her get within smelling distance of "landing" Slob apparently hasn't crossed her tiny little mind.

There's got to be a limit, though. I suspect when his body finally reaches the point where it's had enough, the end is going to be abrupt, swift and brutal.

Guys, why do women always have to be either gold diggers or stupid? It's insulting. I feel bad for LeeAnn. Who knows the BS Ford fed her at Greenstone. She very clearly has deep-seated emotional and psychological issues and likely is very emotionally vulnerable. She seems to be in love with Ford (how and why who knows!) and she appears to be desperate for anything thrown her way from him. I think LeeAnn could use a good friend and some support.

I am suspect she also reads this thread. If so, here gores:

LeeAnn, time for you to give up on Ford. He used you and he has moved on. You should too. I hope you find it in your heart to assist this city we live in by telling the press just what Rob Ford was up to during his faux rehab stint. Someone with some knowledge has got to come forward and help us get rid of the best Worst Mayor Ever. It is not funny anymore. Rob Ford is damaging this city. We need your help.

Guys, why do women always have to be either gold diggers or stupid? It's insulting. I feel bad for LeeAnn. Who knows the BS Ford fed her at Greenstone. She very clearly has deep-seated emotional and psychological issues and likely is very emotionally vulnerable. She seems to be in love with Ford (how and why who knows!) and she appears to be desperate for anything thrown her way from him. I think LeeAnn could use a good friend and some support.

LeeAnn, time for you to give up on Ford. He used you and he has moved on. You should too. I hope you find it in your heart to assist this city we live in by telling the press just what Rob Ford was up to during his faux rehab stint. Someone with some knowledge has got to come forward and help us get rid of the best Worst Mayor Ever. It is not funny anymore. Rob Ford is damaging this city. We need your help.

My impression is she's got serious personal issues, same as Rob. Maybe that's why she seems uhm, infatuated with him. She may need help, but really I wouldn't expect her to fess up anything official. Though for her own sake, I hope she realizes soon that the Ford circus is not interested in helping her one bit. They may be interested in keeping her quiet, but that's about it.

Who's talking about all women? This reasonable speculation is focused on Leanne -- who happens to be a woman. Not because she is a woman.

Bonus points to whoever can do the best Photoshop of Ford in a raccoon hat!

How about a photo of Rob AS a raccoon with his quote about TO having a raccoon problem :D

GeekGirl I understand where you're coming from. I would say 80% of the time I feel bad for LeeAnn, the other 20% I feel contempt for her, but the longer she grasps to ford the more that dynamic changes. She seems sad :(

Guys, why do women always have to be either gold diggers or stupid?

Well, as James said, it's not "all" women in this case, though I take your point. I know there's a certain breed of misogynist who throws these terms out to discredit women they have disagreements with, yes. And then, y'know, there are actual gold diggers and morons. I'm speculating on the motives of a person who has very aggressively inserted herself into this sordid little drama, and none of the potential explanations happen to speak well of her. It's not as if my comments on any of the men involved in this situation are any more flattering.

I feel bad for LeeAnn.

I don't. Nobody put a gun to her head and forced her to cuddle up to the likes of Rofo, and for that, she's eminently deserving of our contempt. Besides which, she gets plenty spiteful, nasty and mean herself in her tweets where she's attacking other people. Little wonder she's "in love" with Ford; like calls to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back