News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by Oscar Wilde that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit. A pun takes an earnest effort to find the importance.
Luckily, no one has claimed RoFo's 6 sound bites are witty.

Actually, Wilde said (in full, which is important): "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence."

I'm not quite sure that burying the title of a Wilde play in a sentence is "punning", but in any event good work.

I suspect that the percentage of people who know of Wilde's aphorism versus the common saying that a pun is the lowest form of wit is approximately the same as the percentage of eligible voters who will cast their ballots for Nicky Benz.

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 9.41.24 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 9.41.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 9.41.24 AM.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
Everyone who is spooked by the latest Forum Poll should read this: http://bit.ly/1qm54vy
Eric Grenier is a thoughtful, and thorough observer of the polling industry in this country. Sort of the Nate Silver of Canada. In this post he links to an article on the poll he wrote for Huffington Post Canada. I advise you to read it before you spin into panic mode.
The numbers in the poll which I find interesting are Fords approval rating, which has gone back up to 39% from 33%, and the dwindling number of respondents who say Ford should resign. Thats now down to 50% from a high of 68%, I believe. That tells me something is happening for Ford. We will have to wait for subsequent polls to figure out whether this is a blip or sustainable trend.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I hope that this poll serves as a wake up call for people to get out and vote.

Who communicated that players would quit? (Oh, how I hate the passive voice in this type of report!) Was it the parents who said my little Johnny won't play if Ford isn't the coach? I'm sure some parents were thrilled that a high profile person was the coach.

Or was it the players themselves? Is it so hard to imagine that if Ford handed out freebies and/or was connected with the kids and his less-than-savoury buddies (see where I'm going here?), some players might have found that having Ford around was useful -- even if they had to put up with some goose shit.

Or did someone just make it up? (Gee, imagine that in anything Ford-related!) "It was communicated" could means that one of Ford's buddies said "If we get rid of him, half the kids will quit" and no one ever asked the kids if they would.

The inference was that one or more parents of the players told the school that the kids would quit.

1. Must be a lie, because according to Ford none of their parents cared enough to show up
2. Parents may not have had the whole story on Ford's behaviour, but they sure as shit knew that they were at risk of losing their equipment-buying, trip-funding sugar daddy

I'm pretty unimpressed that a volunteer coach would show up at a school inebriated and that this so-called leader of youth wouldn't 1) be immediately dismissed from the position 2) have the police called on him if he started up his car.

Good on the school board for eventually letting him go, but I can only assume that people defer to him because of his position? Pretty sad when it comes to people who are supposed to be protecting and guiding our youth.

I'm pretty unimpressed that a volunteer coach would show up at a school inebriated and that this so-called leader of youth wouldn't 1) be immediately dismissed from the position 2) have the police called on him if he started up his car.

Good on the school board for eventually letting him go, but I can only assume that people defer to him because of his position? Pretty sad when it comes to people who are supposed to be protecting and guiding our youth.

Same reason why racists become cops and child molesters become priests and scout leaders - the position has an air of responsibility and gives critical air cover. How many lives has Ford destroyed because his elected position gave him the benefit of the doubt?

Same reason why racists become cops and child molesters become priests and scout leaders - the position has an air of responsibility and gives critical air cover. How many lives has Ford destroyed because his elected position gave him the benefit of the doubt?

Actually, all pedophiles are homosexual and they all become teachers. Just ask Charles McVety, promoter of the Jesus in the City Parade and friend of Rob Ford:

“[W]e send little Johnny and little Jane to school, not to learn to be homosexuals and lesbians,” Rev. McVety said on air. “We send them there to learn reading, writing and arithmetic and history and all these wonderful things, but unfortunately there is an activist group that is afoot that wants to change our curriculum. Why? Because unfortunately they have an insatiable appetite for sex, especially with young people. And there are not enough of them, so they want to proselytize your children and mine, our grandchildren and turn them into homosexuals.”

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 10.10.19 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 10.10.19 AM.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 665
Coincidence.....?

Austin-Powers-Man-of-Mystery-austin-powers-8060479-852-480.jpg
Austin_Powers_In_Goldmember-010.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 10.10.19 AM.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 793
  • Austin-Powers-Man-of-Mystery-austin-powers-8060479-852-480.jpg
    Austin-Powers-Man-of-Mystery-austin-powers-8060479-852-480.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Austin_Powers_In_Goldmember-010.jpg
    Austin_Powers_In_Goldmember-010.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 841
I'm pretty unimpressed that a volunteer coach would show up at a school inebriated and that this so-called leader of youth wouldn't 1) be immediately dismissed from the position ...
To be fair, I recall a very good teacher once showing up inebriated at an afterschool event he was running. It didn't impact the event, or his teaching performance (never saw him inebriated during school hours); he didn't have to run afterschool events, and unlike some of his colleagues, he never did anything inappropriate, or raped any students. Which is worse, a very happy inebriated teacher, or not having the event. Do I believe the teacher in question had a drinking problem - yes, especially given the number of times his 15 and 16-year old students would encounter him downtown in bars. Did it impact his job performance - not that I ever saw.

I'm not saying this let's Ford off. However simply the act of showing after hours inebriated shouldn't lead to immediate dismissal. Ford however, clearly crossed the line with the abuse of students, and exposing them to known drug dealers.

The Newtonbook episodes.....

Thanks. Found it now.

"Mayoral candidate Rob Ford was quietly asked to stop coaching football at a Toronto high school following an incident with a student player, say officials with the Toronto District School Board.

Ford was coaching at Newtonbrook Secondary School in North York in 2001 when he had a confrontation with a young player over poor performance on the field, say two witnesses who spoke with the Star on condition of anonymity."

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._a_football_coach_at_toronto_high_school.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back