News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify a bit- I don't have a problem with people joking about Ford, or political cartoons, or sarcasm that exposes his hipocrisy and lies. I'm thinking more of the "I can't believe you'd invite a drug addict to your event" - as if drug addicts in general have nothing to say and no worth. I think it's a slippery slope.

How about...
"I can't believe you'd invite a guy to your event that's been told by two high schools to never come back because he was a mean nasty drunk that was abusive to the students and he brought his drug dealer friends along as coaches."

They should know by now that putting Rob Ford in a room with 40 high school students is a bad idea.

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 12.01.22 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 12.01.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 12.01.22 PM.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 593
How about...
"I can't believe you'd invite a guy to your event that's been told by two high schools to never come back because he was a mean nasty drunk that was abusive to the students and he brought his drug dealer friends along as coaches."

Totally reasonable.

Do I believe the teacher in question had a drinking problem - yes, especially given the number of times his 15 and 16-year old students would encounter him downtown in bars. Did it impact his job performance - not that I ever saw..

Its a non secret to those in recovery. Teachers drink. An inordinate amount of women in A.A. are teachers. I asked friends in the program why so many teachers? As informal as these queries were the answers made sense to me. Long holidays, short workdays, poorer job satisfaction than expected. Early pigeon holing into non admin roles. Shortage of jobs in major centres and in the case of secondary teachers: fear of violence . Also early retirement. Bottom line Thank your kids'teachers. Its a tough, thankless job.

I'm pretty unimpressed that a volunteer coach would show up at a school inebriated and that this so-called leader of youth wouldn't 1) be immediately dismissed from the position 2) have the police called on him if he started up his car.

Good on the school board for eventually letting him go, but I can only assume that people defer to him because of his position? Pretty sad when it comes to people who are supposed to be protecting and guiding our youth.

Common interests, and church bureaucracy is infamous for silence.

Should we be gathering the mourning clothes with the Bosco story not really doing much, his polls up, Kimmel again showing him jovial and his saving Jesus?

That star article is making me think he actually will win again. The media is looking more and more ridiculous on all sides.

Or is there more under the Doolittle/Dale sleeves and these latest articles came out more for timing of FOI releases than a lack of things to write?

Knowmsayin'?

Should we be gathering the mourning clothes with the Bosco story not really doing much, his polls up, Kimmel again showing him jovial and his saving Jesus?

That star article is making me think he actually will win again. The media is looking more and more ridiculous on all sides.

Or is there more under the Doolittle/Dale sleeves and these latest articles came out more for timing of FOI releases than a lack of things to write?

Knowmsayin'?

I'm more interested in what Kouvalis has hiding in the back of his closet. If Ford hasn't imploded by October 1st you've got to assume Kouvalis will be pulling some crazy shit out into the light.

I'm more interested in what Kouvalis has hiding in the back of his closet. If Ford hasn't imploded by October 1st you've got to assume Kouvalis will be pulling some crazy shit out into the light.

See I still think he's working with Tory secretly to get ford elected again.
I know it's tinfoil but it's not unreasonable.

So who will be around to puppetmaster Michael Ford? Oh that's right, Andray Domise is going to win in Ward 2. As you were, Doug.

I like your confidence, but Andray needs more name recognition to really bring the fight. Anyone who can should volunteer to donate time to knock on doors or make phone calls.

Disclosure: I am working on his campaign.

Is that outside that cabinet manufacturer on the 400? I hate their signs.

I like your confidence, but Andray needs more name recognition to really bring the fight. Anyone who can should volunteer to donate time to knock on doors or make phone calls.

Disclosure: I am working on his campaign.

Is that outside that cabinet manufacturer on the 400? I hate their signs.

Still say we need a Ford More Weeks rally at NPS on Sep 29th...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back