News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That too is a factor. Gladwell touches on it in Outliers. About musicians who don't quite cut it as symphonic wizards. That those who don't rise to the top know they are cut out to teach at best. However in small town Ontario a music teacher saved my shy awkward brothers life. Bob Gimpoli if you are out there thank you. My bro started high school afraid of everything , the confidence he gained through music had him graduating president of student body, in a rock band with a girlfriend. Great teachers make a huge contribution to a healthy society.

I had respect for my school teachers. Because it was their profession. I loved school.

But, on the job, I didn't feel that way for those who transferred to the Academy simply because they couldn't handle Operations.

Last edited:
You a cop ? Wow and so funny and erudite and well read. Did I get that right? Congrats for not losing your soul. Also has anyone figured what jimmi T's query was about ?

I don't have the exact quote, but I believe one said something about although TPS employed a fair number of African-Canadians, TFS and T-EMS did not. Again, those were not the exact words, but they were to that effect.

I was expecting some debate about Employment Equity in Toronto's emergency services. I didn't hear the entire debate, so perhaps I missed it.

Rob needs some lessons in dealing with hecklers! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTM252Zffq0

ETA He is painfully inarticulate. But, has a knack for using up time while actually saying very little.

DeWitt Lee

Torstar has a piece, Globe is still mired in tcdsb docs.I am locked out of sun.

Clear your cache. The sun's paywall is easy to circumvent. I also recommend using adblock plus and Ghostery.

Robs here at amazing Teds. I wanted to have a nice breakfast. I wanna tell him I hate him so much
Sorry he ruined your breakfast. Good thing he didn't show up on a Thursday. I meet with a few people every week at Ted's for breakfast and he wouldn't want to hear what we think of him.

It was a treat to see R Ford's stunned look to the reaction of the crowd to "Nobody has done more than R Ford for****...."
or the slow blow he was on when the rest of the panel called him out on most everything right down to the library strike

Wasn't it?? And he really was stunned by the boos and disagreement from the crowd. He clearly went into that debate viewing Toronto's black residents as his base. I didn't see all of it, but it was obvious from what I did see that the jeering really surprised and unsettled him. His tone became high pitched and combative and he had trouble delivering his lines (e.g., his confusing answer on carding, his reference to "the Rob Football Ford Foundation", etc.) very early on.

His quick exit, and the angry "Will you excuse me please" in response to CTV asking about how he thought the debate went was also really telling. I think he felt betrayed.

It was good to see him get skewered like that - a little dose of reality intruding on his self-imposed bubble of selfie adoration. Fingers crossed there's a cellphone in the room at some point this weekend...

Here's the CTV recap - go to 0:47 to see his brusque reply to CTV reporter:
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?cli...1&hootPostID=064103c657d35a20685c02164af20272

Originally Posted by Greg Banks

It was a treat to see R Ford's stunned look to the reaction of the crowd to "Nobody has done more than R Ford for****...."
or the slow blow he was on when the rest of the panel called him out on most everything right down to the library strike

He's far too used to having his ass kissed. Like Rush Limbaugh, he rarely ventures into situations that aren't strictly controlled by his own people, or sympathisers, i.e. out-and-out toadies/bootlickers. Thus, when the least amount of reality penetrates his bubble of privilege, it's genuinely shocking to him.

Pathetic, really. Any politician worth his/her salt should be able to withstand a little opposition. Not our Slob, and apart from anything else, it certainly puts the lie to his belligerent tough guy act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back