8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie Strashin @StrashinCBC
Mayor Ford's whereabouts unknown today. Campaign not saying. Will not attend tomorrow's Mayor's faith breakfast or Variety Village debate.

He even backed out of the faith breakfast!

That's ok. MINO is never alone when he has Jesus. Even if he is metaphorically hypothetically, out on some mystery bender. He's not dranken\smoken\snorten alone like some loser addict, if he is doing those things with the Big Guy upstairs. Or maybe he's doing some camping sprints, meeting constichewants, or doing a selfie tour, maybe meeting and greeting another star celebrity. It's tough work people, cut the King some slack.

That'll learn ya! (seen in the beaches today).

Attachments

• Toronto-20140910-00222.jpg
    Toronto-20140910-00222.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 512
Jennifer Pagliaro
@jpags
I FOI'ed city's response to Mayor Rob Ford's sudden leave of absence for rehab in April. Few highlights of interal communications to follow.

Interesting.

according to Don Peat, so with only 2 candidates they have cancelled the debate.

With Ford skipping many debates lately, of course there will be only 2 candidates sometimes. It's better than having Ford included. Big whoop.

One thing crossed my mind - Downer is no dummy - maybe he figured no way Tyson would come at him as I'm pretty sure if Tyson was charged with anything his Visa - his SPECIAL Exemption Waiver/Visa - to be allowed to not only enter Canada but work up here as an entertainer would be instantly revoked and Tyson would be immediately either detained or deported. Losing the revenue from the shows would put a huge dent in the pocket book.

One thing crossed my mind - Downer is no dummy - maybe he figured no way Tyson would come at him as I'm pretty sure if Tyson was charged with anything his Visa - his SPECIAL Exemption Waiver/Visa - to be allowed to not only enter Canada but work up here as an entertainer would be instantly revoked and Tyson would be immediately either detained or deported. Losing the revenue from the shows would put a huge dent in the pocket book.
Not sure about the credibility but someone on reddit said this:
There is a popular FWD email going around by professional journalists about this today.
Apparently, the press have major respect for Tyson and think Downer is a fool. The email is actually hilarious and rips apart Nathan Downer. It claims he has no respect from his peers and so he had to take this shot at Mike Tyson for the fame to keep a job. There is something about how he is destined for a 4AM gig on E! and how MTV turned him down? There were some good Tyson and Ford jokes too.
I don't have the text of the email - somebody read it off of their Blackberry to me - so if someone could post it that would be great.
TL;DR - Journalists are clowning on Nathan Downer for being unprofessional - but (apparently) love Tyson.
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...porter_with_balls_of_steel_asks_tyson/ckepyxl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back