News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Soks gone, I think Ford realizes he's done. That support won't go to Ford, and even he must know that he can't win. So either he comes up with a doctor's note, or something else will happen to allow him to save his "pride".
His defeat is going to be humiliating, and I can't wait. Normally, I don't enjoy watching people self-destruct, but I've made an exception for the entire Ford family.

Agreed! And for me, that's the sorrow of Soks dropping out. He was unlikely to win with Ford as a factor, but with Ford gone he'd be a real contender.

And feel free to disagree, but I can't shake this feeling that in spite of Ford's bravado and surprisingly high polling numbers, he's going to have a real fall on his face moment between now and election day, and that he won't be a factor by the 27th.

It may be a doctor's note or a pride-saving moment. I also wouldn't rule out self-sabotage of some kind. Ford doesn't like to lose, but he really, really doesn't like being mayor. And while the 2010 campaign was the highlight of his adult life, this campaign has not been fun for him. He's tired and unhappy and doesn't have a team to prop him up and give him anything useful to campaign on. Every time he tells people about early voting starting on the 14th I think even he doesn't believe he can keep it together til the 27th.

But I've been wrong before.

Daniel Dale correctly pointed out that with only three main candidates left, if Ford keeps pulling out of these debates, a lot more will be cancelled.

That's unfortunate. It makes it look like its not worth doing if Rob doesn't show up. Hopefully some of the organizers will declare their debate more important because Rob isn't coming.

That's unfortunate. It makes it look like its not worth doing if Rob doesn't show up. Hopefully some of the organizers will declare their debate more important because Rob isn't coming.

This especially goes for ones that are not friendly to him.

My guess is Rob's not going to make this a priority. Which is a good thing because I would find his stupid Escalade and cover it with enough eggs to make an omelet. And then use the sticky mess to affix hundreds of Andray Domise flyers. Actually that's only wishful thinking because I'll be out of town all weekend.

Oh sweetlou, you really crack me up :)

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
@MrIanMacIntyre I don't necessarily think other entities will take Variety Village's decision as a precedent.

I hope not, but I am not optimistic.

With Rob and Doug MIA all day, I can't help but wonder if the bender has begun after seeing the poll numbers last night. If that happens and Rob decides to leave the race for "medical reasons" (with a note signed by Doctor Demerol), Is it too late for Socks to jump back into the race with sideshow Rob out?

Probably is, but one can dream..

With Rob and Doug MIA all day, I can't help but wonder if the bender has begun after seeing the poll numbers last night. If that happens and Rob decides to leave the race for "medical reasons" (with a note signed by Doctor Demerol), Is it too late for Socks to jump back into the race with sideshow Rob out?

Probably is, but one can dream..

Socks said money was an issue, along with polling numbers and other factors. This comment from Rofles however, I did find somewhat curious.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...vid_soknacki_withdraws_from_mayoral_race.html

Ford appeared surprised when informed by reporters of Soknacki’s decision.

“He’s pulled out? Is he running for council or anything?†Ford asked.

I so want Rofo in a poker game betting all of deco's fortune.

Ford's got a tumor:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/140...ueben-devlin-regarding-toronto-mayor-rob-ford

Statement by Humber River Hospital President & CEO Dr. Rueben Devlin regarding Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Earlier today Mayor Rob Ford attended Humber River Hospital's Church Street Emergency Department, complaining of abdominal pains that have persisted for at least three months and have become worse in the last 24 hours. Examination and investigation has resulted in a working diagnosis of a tumor.

The Mayor has been admitted to allow for further investigation to obtain a definitive diagnosis.

A media availability with Councillor Doug Ford and Dr. Rueben Devlin will be held at the hospital's Church St. site at 7:00 PM this evening, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.

SOURCE Humber River Hospital

Wow, that would explain why has looked so bad. Is it malignant? Could this be a sympathy ploy ?

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/140...ueben-devlin-regarding-toronto-mayor-rob-ford

Rob Ford has a tumor...

Edit: Missed it by that much.

Maxwell-Smart.jpg

Ford's got a tumor:

Statement by Humber River Hospital President & CEO Dr. Rueben Devlin regarding Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Earlier today Mayor Rob Ford attended Humber River Hospital's Church Street Emergency Department, complaining of abdominal pains that have persisted for at least three months and have become worse in the last 24 hours. Examination and investigation has resulted in a working diagnosis of a tumor.

The Mayor has been admitted to allow for further investigation to obtain a definitive diagnosis.

A media availability with Councillor Doug Ford and Dr. Rueben Devlin will be held at the hospital's Church St. site at 7:00 PM this evening, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.

SOURCE Humber River Hospital

Sad news for him. I certainly hope this is not a publicity stunt.

I've been told by various members of the media in Toronto that pretty much no one here broadcasts on a delay because our broadcast rules are not that strong, which is a good thing. The entire nation shouldn't freak out at a slip of the tongue or maybe slip of the nip on live TV.

As mentoned, they are on a 7 second delay. The producers are too inept to use it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back