News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem *awfully* fond of the word "hater". I mean, it's the kind of word an 8-year-old boy uses (waaaah! mommy! the haters were bullying me at school today!)

If IHTWOMRF were a physical place, it would be a white padded room, splattered with simian excrement. And festooned with old 'FordMayor' magnets.

Can anyone find that really strong quote Blair gave regarding the police investigation about how we will not back down or be intimidated...some of that nature.

“I have said these investigations will be done without fear or favour,” Chief Bill Blair said at headquarters Thursday. “That’s the way this investigation is being conducted and that’s the way it should be conducted.” From Toronto Sun, November 14, 2013. I believe he said it on Crackoween.

If it's serious, he faces questions about why he's running in Ward 2.

Why? If you're really sick, you need things to help you stay positive and focus on the future. And Ford, more than most, needs all the psychological cushioning he can get.

Preston Manning resurrected the Reform party from the ashes of the Social Credit party. Ford Nation IS THE PARTY that will eat the Ontario PC party. He doesn't want to be the PC Premier...he wants to be the Ford Nation Party Premier....

This has become by plan or happenstance its own political party.

Although Manning once ran as a Social Credit candidate and his father led the Socreds, Reform basically started from scratch, with a former Liberal and several people who had never been in politics before. Social Credit itself began as a party espousing some economic ideas that are currently enjoying something of a revival (guaranteed basic income, questioning the relationship between the value of labour and the purchasing power of wages, etc.), but under Ernest Manning those concepts were gradually overshadowed by creeping social conservatism and conservative religious wingnuttery, and ultimately abandoned.

If Ford Nation really does subsume the PCPO, we'll be in for a lot of candidates with a shaky grasp of the facts who are itching to engage in an anti-'elitist' Kulturkampf.

If they had ANTHING we would've heard about it. All they have are negative billing (before Tory's time) and the CFL implosion....eventhough the CFL is still a thing.

Everyone's got to be waiting until 1-2 weeks before the election before they drop their bombs.
Like Towhey's book. Timed right for maximum damage, or maybe support, we shall see.

Why? If you're really sick, you need things to help you stay positive and focus on the future. And Ford, more than most, needs all the psychological cushioning he can get.

Nonsense. I've dealt with multiple health concerns and disability. When I'm experiencing the worst effects of it the last thing I would do is call people to listen to their petty nuisances. If you felt bad before why the hell would you reach out to people with tiny problems.

If he's calling constituents about pot holes it is to remind them that he has it a lot worse than they do.

Seriously? You think cancer-ridden Rob should run in this election just for the sake of "staying positive"? When he's the heavy favourite, likely to win and then be unable to do the job? Wow.

I won't believe anything unless it comes from a doctor.

Exactly.

And although it doesn't surprise me and is par for the course, it bugs the hell out of me that the family asks for privacy and then has Wormington in there giving blow-by-blow updates. And so many people lapped up the plea for privacy at the time, and used it to call out those of us who were calling this whole thing for what it is.

Nonsense. I've dealt with multiple health concerns and disability. When I'm experiencing the worst effects of it the last thing I would do is call people to listen to their petty nuisances. If you felt bad before why the hell would you reach out to people with tiny problems.

If he's calling constituents about pot holes it is to remind them that he has it a lot worse than they do.

An assumption is being made that the calls are related to constituent issues such as pot holes, however he could be calling some voters that he's closer too, just to chat about how he's doing, etc. The context of the calls hasn't been revealed, and if constituents want to bother him about potholes at a time like this, that would be strange.

Exactly.

And although it doesn't surprise me and is par for the course, it bugs the hell out of me that the family asks for privacy and then has Wormington in there giving blow-by-blow updates. And so many people lapped up the plea for privacy at the time, and used it to call out those of us who were calling this whole thing for what it is.

This one goes out to Amin and Dan. If you 2 idiots are actually taking in lists of numbers for constituents with pithy problems for the "deathbed" mayor to solve then you both should be immediately fired. You 2 are putting your own self interest ahead of a "dying" man.

How dare you assholes try to perpetuate the mythmaking of the incompetent Ford.

Last edited:
I'm confused, Rob's is feeling pretty sick, experiencing pain, vomiting and had a lung biopsy on Monday, but he's feeling up to calling strangers on the phone about their potholes./[/url]

At least one of those statements is a lie, and it is highly possible that both of them are lies.

You think cancer-ridden Rob should run in this election just for the sake of "staying positive"?

Of course I don't think that he should run. But if he's doing it because he's in denial or because he wants to go down fighting ... well, that's democracy.

An assumption is being made that the calls are related to constituent issues such as pot holes, however he could be calling some voters that he's closer too, just to chat about how he's doing, etc. The context of the calls hasn't been revealed, and if constituents want to bother him about potholes at a time like this, that would be strange.
From the opening of today's Warmington article:

"Even from his hospital bed, Mayor Rob Ford was making calls to constituents to help solve their problems."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back