8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://dougford.ca/gdbcbc64hth5/dgdvd534j4/Statement From Rob Ford.wav

Ford saying thanks for all the good wishes etc in a hoarse voice.

And please, please, please vote for my brother Doug.

The Fords are disgusting. There really is no depth they won't sink to in playing politics.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie · 2 mins
Doug's campaign seems to be premised on the hope that he will get his brother, weak and having lost weight and possibly hair, at a podium.

Last edited:
Nice words

Andray A. Domise ‏@AndrayDomiseTO 5m
Get well, big guy. We're pulling for you.

"And please, please, please vote for my brother Doug."

The Fords are disgusting. There really is no depth they won't sink to in playing politics.

Is it just me or does anyone else picture Diane holding the recorder in front of him in one hand and a gun pointed at his head in the other?

Last edited:
I couldn't listen to more than 12 seconds (past "great city") of the audio. Was curious after Doolittle said he sounded very sick.

He sounds exhausted and/or medicated, and as though he has been intubated (e.g., for breathing, or scoping, or anaesthetic administration). I've been there for many non-life-threatening medical procedures. In other words, lots of people sound like that after even the most mundane and commonplace procedure.

So while I don't wish to mock or mitigate his health status, I do wonder why Doolittle repeatedly extends them such prima facie credibility.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 16s
Doug's campaign seems to be premised on the hope that he will get his brother, weak and having lost weight and possibly hair, at a podium.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 1m
On the one hand, it's the most cynical strategy in the world. On the other, for at least one of them, it's totally, unblinkingly sincere.

That was a classy response by Domise.

Toronto diagnosed with a common form of cancer, hopefully we can eradicate it.

Doesn't $125 seem rather low to actually fundraise money from the event? I would expect a political fundraiser to be no less than $300 (and ideally $1000)

It just shows two things, first is that it is a bigger venue, and second that Dougie is not Robbie in popularity.

That's not very scientific, and sort of a shitty thing to say. "Oh, he died? I guess he wasn't positive and motivated enough".

Unless it specifically refers to being willing to suffer through all the painful and uncomfortable levels of treatment and not bowing out when it gets hard. Then I get it.

I couldn't listen to more than 12 seconds (past "great city") of the audio. Was curious after Doolittle said he sounded very sick.

He sounds exhausted and/or medicated, and as though he has been intubated (e.g., for breathing, or scoping, or anaesthetic administration). I've been there for many non-life-threatening medical procedures. In other words, lots of people sound like that after even the most mundane and commonplace procedure.

So while I don't wish to mock or mitigate his health status, I do wonder why Doolittle repeatedly extends them such prima facie credibility.

Doolittle has to be VERY careful to not seem like she's being too hard on the Fords. She's a female and she's attractive, so the threats of violence and worse from Ford supporters have to be pretty extreme even when she tries to give them the benefit of the doubt. If I was her I'd be a little extra careful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back