News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone happen to listen to AM 640 this morning? My mom said there was a group of people talking about the Ford situation, including a guy who sounded very Singin' Jimmy-ish. He started to freak out because people were being mean to Warmington and whoever the host was ended up having to intervene because things were getting out of hand.

As for this speech by Robbie, they are going to milk this cancer diagnosis so much. They will make it the centrepiece of Doug's camping.

They're already working on the holographic Rob to bring out at fund-raisers in case he croaks

Maybe for the first round. Or maybe there is more going on that we don't know about. You have to expect that with him having a ton of tests done, if they didn't diagnose him with other things in the past like high blood pressure, diabetes etc., they might have now. I bet he's not the type to go to the doctor so who knows what they discovered. A friend of mine had a stroke 2 years ago, 65 years old, slightly overweight, never went to the doctor. Had the stroke, had every test imaginable, turned out he had high blood pressure and was borderline diabetic. Of Ford is now on new drugs besides those dealing with cancer, they probably want to watch him.
I read somewhere that this particular chemo regimen is done in hospital, 3 days of chemo, then 18 days off at home, and then start again. It must be extra toxic if they keep you in during treatment. Some chemo treatments are started in hospital and then you take them home to finish the course.

Classical 96.3 news lead off: "Rob Ford has released an audio recording" What is he now, the Ford Nation Jihad leader, releasing audio tapes to motivate the loyal followers to stay with the cause?

I read somewhere that this particular chemo regimen is done in hospital, 3 days of chemo, then 18 days off at home, and then start again. It must be extra toxic if they keep you in during treatment. Some chemo treatments are started in hospital and then you take them home to finish the course.

The cure sounds worse than the disease.

Weird, my coworker is well into grueling rounds of chemo and still sounds normal. Rob sounds like he's on death's door. Of course he has to make it political at the end!

Funny, I was thinking just that... The groggy voice is great for effect, but it sounds like they haven't let him have any water in days.

Depends on what it is - some are nephrotoxic and they keep you in to make sure you are hydrated and you don't get into kidney failure during/post chemo.

AoD

Classical 96.3 news lead off: "Rob Ford has released an audio recording" What is he now, the Ford Nation Jihad leader, releasing audio tapes to motivate the loyal followers to stay with the cause?

LOL, but I suspect privacy of other patients has led to the Ford Family not being able to have Rob issue a live-stream to CP24.

Rob certainly sounds like he's on the nod in that audio. Also sounds a bit like a recording of some type of hostage reading a prepared statement. I've seen some speculation that he may be going through some type of detox withdrawal while he's in the hospital. Perhaps this is true to some degree as it may relate to blow or other party favours, but if what I've heard is true that he likes his opiates, I can only see this aspect ramping up in a situation like this. Rob's a big, big guy to start with and he may already have established a fairly high tolerance. I can see the guy ingesting a LOT of opiates in the next few weeks and coming out the other side of treatment with some extremely challenging addiction issues for him and now his doctors to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back