News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Doug has just gotta be Doug. He's more obnoxious than Rob, and he doesn't know when to STFU. If he thinks he's hammering away at Tory's support, he's nuts. Oh yeah, that's right, he is nuts.

Ann Hui @annhui · 24m
"My father never gave me a single penny...or gave me a position" Doug Ford says

Ann Hui @annhui · 25m
"I grew up working in my dad's factory," Doug says on "silver spoon" accusation of John Tory. "I worked day in day out 18 hrs a day"

So when did he go to school?

Ruh roh

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 921
I agree, it seems like Donovan has cheap shotted Doolittle more than once since she left.
Have you seen the painting that Gary Crawford did of Rob? It was a gift for Diane.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/09/19/mayor-ford-portrait-unveiled-at-city-hall/

My sister (who is an illustrator) commented, "It looks like Rob Ford just woke up lying in a pile of last night."
Horrid! I don't like Crawford anyway, and he's been a total jerk on twitter the past 2 days.

Long time lurker here.
I also had a call from Doug inviting me to his Town Hall ( Ward 39). The first question asked if I would vote for Doug - I answered no. Then someone asked what I would have asked - how Doug planned to pay for his subways. After an extremely long prologue about how Scarborough is being underserved and needs Doug to correct the situation, he finally answered with a collection of solutions that have been proven not to work ( development charges, air rights, private investment, govt. money, money from Build Toronto, etc.). At that point I was able to register to submit a question, but after what felt like an eternity of Doug waffling around the next caller's question, I couldn't take it anymore and hung up. Doug uses a horribly hearty voice throughout which compounds the whole dreadful experience.
Anyway, I wonder if I actually might have been given a chance to really ask a question, if I had only said I would have voted for Doug.
Btw, this forum has kept me sane these past months -it's the first thing I check in the morning and the last place I finish with at night. Thanks everyone

Eagle Eye, I also did wonder how much love was lost on the road from the star to the globe. Not much, it seems.

P.S. Welcome, gov :) !!

Last edited:
Long time lurker here.
I also had a call from Doug inviting me to his Town Hall ( Ward 39). The first question asked if I would vote for Doug - I answered no. Then someone asked what I would have asked - how Doug planned to pay for his subways. After an extremely long prologue about how Scarborough is being underserved and needs Doug to correct the situation, he finally answered with a collection of solutions that have been proven not to work ( development charges, air rights, private investment, govt. money, money from Build Toronto, etc.). At that point I was able to register to submit a question, but after what felt like an eternity of Doug waffling around the next caller's question, I couldn't take it anymore and hung up. Doug uses a horribly hearty voice throughout which compounds the whole dreadful experience.
Anyway, I wonder if I actually might have been given a chance to really ask a question, if I had only said I would have voted for Doug.
Btw, this forum has kept me sane these past months -it's the first thing I check in the morning and the last place I finish with at night. Thanks everyone

Welcome aboard!

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"Doug Ford’s decision to skip debates provides him with an immense advantage" John Tory campaign #TOpoli

Cancel the rest of the debates.

And I wouldn't count it past the latter to engage in violence - the scuffles thus far is telling.

AoD

But it's saying something that the only real publicized opposition-camp victim of Ford Nation "violence" was the woman whose RoDoFo Tweedle Dee & Dum poster got crumpled.

And maybe a part of that (evidenced by what John Furr is *really* up to these days) is because the anti-Fords are ironically echoing RoFo by concentrating on real election work on behalf of various candidates rather than wasting their energy on being a mayoral-debate cheering squad. By that measure, what are the Ford Nationals doing here? Shouldn't they be out there helping elect Flagg-endorsees such as Arthur Smitherman or Paul Bell or Reg Hartt?

Doug uses a horribly hearty voice throughout which compounds the whole dreadful experience.

To me, it sounds like his shorts are too tight.

Ever hear finger nails on a chalkboard?

Welcome, Gov!

Last edited:
In a court back in 2012, it was stated by Rob Ford and reported in the newspapers, including the Toronto Sun (see link), the following:

(Rob)Ford also claimed he never received a council handbook outlining the conflict of interest rules and he (Rob Ford) skipped an orientation session for new councillors when he was first elected in 2000.

“I didn’t think I needed to attend,” (Rob) Ford said.

Did Doug Ford attend any orientation session when he became a councillor?

The orientation sessions would be where council members learn about the departments, offices, and rules for the city and council meeetings.

Last edited:
Regarding candidates ( no names mentioned ) who behave like bullies at debates.

Remember the old quiz shows where they sealed the contestants in a sound - proof booth? They could turn your mic off if you wouldn't shut up, and turn off your A/ C fan to watch you sweat. They made a movie about it.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting debate? :cool:

View attachment 34382

In a court back in 2012, it was stated by Rob Ford and reported in the newspapers, including the Toronto Sun (see link), the following:

Did Doug Ford attend any orientation session when he became a councillor?

The orientation sessions would be where council members learn about the departments, offices, and rules for the city and council meeetings.

Didn't Robbie also testify that he didn't think he needed to read the handbook because his father had been an MPP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back