News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Doug said he'll be going to ever ward until election day. How many has he done so far. Looks like he's already behind schedule.
What's he up to today?

I was offering a partial explanation for TOBorn's question about how Toronto ended up with ~30% "Illiterati", not addressing the whole, very large issue of the links between education, occupation and income over the last 40 years.

Thank you for that.

Doug's slogan is " Stop the Cash Grab":

Jude MacDonald
‏@judemacdonald
Agreed. Slogan may prove problematic. More to come, very soon. “@_Confessor: @judemacdonald @HeatherCTV I'd rather stop Doug's power grab.”

I miss the days when this thread had useful info rather than people micro-dissecting every little thing to death and trying to find some plot in it.

I concur. Problem is they fired the police chief who would go after them, the big C took the wind out of everybodies sails who might have gone after the Fords. With Rob in hospital we know he's not out getting in trouble. We have been punked by our own police and half of the media but we look like bullies to continue going after a terminal cancer patient. The unsavory types have gone to ground, the wheels of
justice continue to roll but I think Rob might be dead before anything comes of it. There has always been a tinfoil element to this thread and it has been surprisingly accurate occasionally.
ETA If Ford Nation can forgive rofo his crack and booze fueled shenanigans they'd probably congratulate Dougie on his entrepreneurial skills while being a simple hash salesman.

Last edited:
I concur. Problem is they fired the police chief... this thread and it has been surprisingly accurate occasionally.

This. I think it's tinfoil territory to give ANY benefit of the doubt to anyone associated with FoFam.
They are disgusting "humans" and the absolute worst light should shine on all of their actions and words.

They are repugnant, amoral criminals full stop. They have dozens of charges amongst them collectively and have a FAMILY CRIMINAL LAWYER. They are the worst kind of trash...pretending to give a fuck about the poor, minorities and the down trodden...while greedily lining their pockets and making money for their buddies.

SMH that anyone sees any chance of them doing anything (at all) "good".

A lot of Ford Nation was educated under the "old ways". That was during a time when scraping through grade 12 (and sometimes bailing after grade 10) still allowed you to get a job at a local factory for a union wage, do that for 40 years and retire with a pension and a paid-off house. Those jobs are gone and those days are gone, which is partly why these people are lost (in terms of their worldview and politics) and vulnerable to manipulators like the Fords. Thing is, these Illiterati were always a part of Toronto, but they had a place in society, so they didn't speak out and no one took much notice of them anyhow.

The guys who did the hiring were what we called '46ers. That meant they were WW2 veterans who had received preferential hiring with the city. They were not highly educated men. Many had not finished high school because of the war.

So, in the early 1970's, a guy could scrape through Grade 12 in Etobicoke, take the subway downtown to Metro personnel to fill out an application. Then wait for HR to call you in for your background check, civil service exam, medical and physical fitness evaluation, and finally, the dreaded Oral Board ( it was a panel of interviewers - wear a white shirt and a sharp suit! ). If you were, "the type of young man we look for", start at the Academy as a probie the same month as you would have been starting Grade 13.

Pull the pin on your 55th birthday.

Not so simple anymore. Now they want "life experience".

Last edited:
thank you for saying this

more facts, please, and fewer memes, cartoon references, and outright batshit crazy speculations

sure, we hate the fords, but do we have to try to mimic ford nation with our zeal?

I don't hate the Fords, only what they represent.

You are not wrong about streaming. I put the blame on parental egos. As in " my johnny is lawyer material. But his teachers want him in the trades." There are a too many lawyers with too much student debt and not enough plumbers, electricians, welders. One of the best jobs out there is Hydro. The kids are getting streamed all right, into jobs they will have to work crazy hours at just to be noticed. I have worked in new home construction and the plumbers are the ones cleaning up.

Centuries old argument my friend.

Doug's slogan is " Stop the Cash Grab":

Jude MacDonald
‏@judemacdonald
Agreed. Slogan may prove problematic. More to come, very soon. “@_Confessor: @judemacdonald @HeatherCTV I'd rather stop Doug's power grab.”

"SCG", definitely sounds like a communicable disease.

Ok I agree with the speculations goes nowhere (I'm so guilty of it I know - obviously the mafia didn't take Rob out) but some of the funny stuff is why I love it here. RoDoDiMiMoFo and camping and that amazing collage with bubble girl and Hudak? Can't deny there is *some* comedic talent round these parts.

Funny enough though - Some of the crazy speculation in the first few pages is probably now considered reference material.

That's my 2 cents as I wait for the jude drop. New dance craze! Do the Jude Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back