News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about if a politician is a massive right or left wing tool. I am talking about minute by minute emergency operations.

Yep. Rob has shown what he could do in a 3 AM situation during the ice storm. And here is where the "what a merryl does on their own personal time is personal and off limits" is pure crap to me. IMO while merryls deserve some privacy and boundaries. When it starts to affect their ability to do a job, or Thor forbid in an emergency, I don't want a drunken crack head with the mental faculty or discipline of a spoiled child to be the face of leadership. Jesus, do we let commercial pilots or ship captains take a tequila shot and do a line before they operate those machines? Being a merryl is not just about wearing the bling of office and cutting ribbons at Chuck E Cheese.

Before this campaign I was more concerned with Tory's potential 3 AM response, and I had less concerns with Chow's. But now, that is doing a 180 for me. Doug is so ill suited to handle a 3 AM city wide crisis, even cartoon memes would go, "wow...that's above my pay grade dude".

I'm not talking about if a politician is a massive right or left wing tool. I am talking about if they can handle minute by minute emergency operations.

Rudy did that one job and he did it very well.

My point is that he didn't reach that level of competence on the bulk of the remainder of his responsibilities.

And then, of course, he tried to milk 9-11 all the way to a gig in the White House, where you also need to be able to handle a lot more than just emergencies.

I don't see that John Tory, beyond his ability to speak relatively well off the cuff, would be any better or worse than Olivia when the shit hit the fan…though both would be better than any Ford, if only to keep the number of clichés done to a reasonable leavel.

"picayune"....one more step to the Long's Louisiana North...just cross your fingers and trust it doesn't go further than what what we see at present...

Marcus Gee referenced Huey Long in relation to Doug Ford's flailing in Saturday's column. It's probably been posted here, but here's a link. Personally, it seemed a bit much. But the subsequent hearing of Doug Jr.'s speech at the Fester has softened that stance. It's very hard to distinguish between the bullshit they sling and the horseshit they actually gulp by the gallon. They may really believe they're on a mission from Gawd.

Marcus Gee referenced Huey Long in relation to Doug Ford's flailing in Saturday's column. It's probably been posted here, but here's a link. Personally, it seemed a bit much. But the subsequent hearing of Doug Jr.'s speech at the Fester has softened that stance. It's very hard to distinguish between the bullshit they sling and the horseshit they actually gulp by the gallon. They may really believe they're on a mission from Gawd.

"High Popalorum And Low Popahirum"

View attachment 34628View attachment 34629
https://twitter.com/oldscotcan/status/516370183511109632/photo/1

"Great to see all the photos of tonight's beautiful sunset in #Toronto. You'll never see that again, folks, unless you vote for Doug."
https://twitter.com/TOMayorFrod/status/516370123306041344

Joe W.
"Burgers at Fordfest incredible. Like a steakburger. No wonder they line up. I admit I didn't.I grabbed one sent over for the band. Delicious"
https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/516228596760076288

Last edited:
When is Rofo's *actual* last day at work? I'd say it extends that far.

Expect Joe Worms to continue writing about him well into 2015.

The current term ends on December 1 if I remember correctly. If Rob is indeed in advanced stages of cancer, Wormington can eulogize him every day.

This after boycotting all paid debates.

Well, in regards to electoral politics, this has been a pretty good week for the press overall. The reporting on the PMO's string pulling on Calandra, for instance, made *something* happen. Similarly, the excoriation Doug took after the Empire Club cancellation may have adjusted his fedora to a jaunty new angle. Not saying it did, but it might have. At least three of the four major organs in the city had multiple WTF columns and/or op/eds about that. So, the Ford camp may be in re-group mode re: debates. We shall see.

Now, do I really think he boinked his sister? No - the ick factor is too much even for my aluminum. But do I think there is something else at play here? You betcha.

I know that there's already been subsequent drop-this-subject sentiment in this thread, but just saying that I think I've already offered here long-ago "growing up in the Penthouse Forum 70s" hypotheticals re the weird pathology about the Ford family--extrapolating from weirdnesses (cousin marriages etc) I've witnessed within my own broad family, and posited from others. Sort of like an age when playing doctor went nuclear, so to speak. (Maybe not quite John + Mackenzie Phillips territory, but...)

Just a quick add, Jado: If someone facing criminal charges didn't have access to a defence, courts would have to rely solely on evidence presented to the Crown by the police. Yikes! Also, trials aren't always about guilty or not guilty. They're often about determining how the law applies (or does not apply) to a set of adjudicated facts.

Indeed. It would be great if everybody had the chance to know a criminal defense lawyer personally. I've known two and neither were the obnoxious, money grubbing soft on crime leaches we see portrayed on Law and Order. Both were noble, hard working members of their profession with a genuine belief that all people deserve fair trials and representation. Both realized that many of their clients were likely guilty. However, they also both recognized the incredible inequality that exists in the criminal justice system in regards to the state's ability to bring resources to bear upon the accused. Probably family law would have been more lucrative if money was the only motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back