8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fantastic article from an entertainment writer at G&M:

"Giving Doug Ford the oxygen of unquestioning TV attention has allowed others to breathe freely too. It’s no coincidence that, since Ford entered the mayoral race, in place of his brother, racism and homophobia have suddenly become part of the slanging match that is the mayoral campaign now. At a debate made unruly by raucous Ford supporters a man shouted at Olivia Chow, “go home, Olivia! Back to China!”

"The current ugly dynamic began when Rob Ford was hospitalized. TV coverage became reverential, hushed and obsequious. The reporters on vigil outside the hospital. Doug Ford calling a news conference to tell the media to leave his family alone. Doug Ford then calling a news conference featuring his family. All in their best clothes and hair, oozing smugness. The theatre of it was, and remains, cheesy TV, the kind that has impact when the press is reverential."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...ate-media/article20807429/#dashboard/follows/

Does anyone have a copy of that photo of Karla Ford with the Chanel shopping bag? It seems to have disappeared from the entire net.

Good god, it's like he's actually proud of the fact that he's a slavering, unquestioning halfwit. The burgers were incredible. Well, I guess that makes up for everything! Quality meats, folks! Anything else?

What I got from that is that the burgers were 4 month old meat of undeterminable origin. It's Wormtongue, you can't believe a word he says any more than if Doug was standing behind him with his hand up his butt.

Indeed, Towhey wondered out loud of this new polling firm showing Doug surging today was paid by the Fords to give the impression that Dougie has momentum.

Yeah he might very well do that - though I don't see how it would benefit him more than Tory, which stands to benefit even more from the ABF vote with a close(r) race. I am thinking more of shenanigans along the lines of mudslinging, illegalities, etc. He isn't the type who would hesitate to drag anyone down along with him when he has nothing to lose (and he is getting pretty close to that point, I think).

So satisfying to drag Doug's picture all the way over to the 'Not trustworthy at all' end of the scale.

Nah, I think we need an whack-a-mole type of iOS app. That, or Flappy Little Birds.

AoD

Last edited:
^^ Casita: I lost my Star Wars lunchbox somewhere in Hanna Barbara Land at Canada's Wonderland about 22 years ago. Do you happen to know where it is?

GraphicMatt 11:38am via Echofon
Livestream of today's ArtsVote debate is here. Doug Ford has yet to drop out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDPdltL--lU

or here http://globalnews.ca/news/1587593/mayoral-candidates-to-attend-debate-at-tiff-bell-lightbox/

No one has done more for the arts community in Toronto... by delivering an endless stream of one-liners to our struggling Toronto comedy writers.

Proof.

BenSpurr 12:02pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doug arrives, says that "we've done more for the arts than the previous administration."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back