News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I am curious to see what art Doug has. I also admit my biased guess a tour of Doug's collection might be similar to this SCTV skit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp42URPCwEA

But maybe I'd be proven wrong, and Doug is not only a salt of the earth kind of fella, but a kind and generous patron of the arts and culture to boot.

Yep, Tommy Shanks Hall. Nice place.

Seriously, I am starting to have dreams (nightmares?) about this election and the players. This cycle has turned into an obsession, that I hope will be lifted on October 28.

I watched the debate yesterday, and in a perfect world I would toss my support behind Ari, and hell maybe even Morgan. but tory will mst likely be my choice or frankly whoever has the best chance of beat, just grinding, Ford into the ground. Plus I have put my house up for sale and m moving to Ward 2 to vote for Domise.

Now we'll have to find another place to put the forty foot bronze of saint Rob...

TorontoStar 8:08am via Hootsuite
BREAKING: Maple Leaf Square name not changing, MLSE says.

So glad to hear that, even if it wasn't related to the Ford family...

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 10.04.42 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 10.04.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 10.04.42 AM.png
    459 KB · Views: 934
*Sigh* It would have taken most of my 11 years as mayor for all of you to come up with 90,000 posts about my tenure. I guess that's a good thing!

Eggleton.JPG

Attachments

• Eggleton.JPG
    Eggleton.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 811
I‘m pretty sure Doug has the world’s largest collection of Yoda Bongs. It would be great if he was able to open his own museum, à la David Mirvish.

He's probably referring to his mom's place, which by various descriptions is decorated in the continental nouveau fromage style.

There was a rather long article in Toronto Life a couple of years ago describing the Fords and their brushes with art. "The weirdest mayoralty ever—the inside story of Rob Ford’s city hall" (page 10):

Last winter, Lean and Doug Ford cooked up a plan to revive the Mayor’s Ball for the Arts, a long-dormant Lastman institution, which aimed to raise $1 million for the Toronto Arts Foundation while accomplishing a much more urgent goal: convincing the city’s wary culturati that, despite the mayor’s threats to cut arts grants and sell off theatres, the Fords are not cultural philistines. “There was a message out there that Rob didn’t support the arts,†Doug notes, “which was just not true.â€

Kicking off ticket sales last January, Lean invited some of the city’s leading arts patrons to a reception in the private members’ lounge above the council chamber. There, before a crowd that included former Lieutenant-Governor Hilary Weston, the Ford brothers gave brief impromptu speeches designed to establish the family’s bona fides as enthusiasts of the arts. After the mayor welcomed the crowd, predicting the ball would be “fantasticâ€â€” an adjective he seems to apply to everything, even some lost council votes—Doug regaled guests with tales of their father as an art collector who would travel the globe buying up treasures by the crate load. “My mother would go ballistic,†he recalled. “The house was just loaded with paintings and sculptures. The condo in Florida, the plant—they’re packed with art. We’ve even got all these Chinese vases that we bought at auction when Honest Ed’s restaurant went out of business.†In a crowd where collections lean toward the Group of Seven, awkward glances were exchanged, but Ford was unstoppable. “People tend to think of Rob and I in terms of sports,†he said. “But Rob, in school he loved theatre. In Grade 13, he was in The Princess and the Pea.â€

But if you really want a glimpse into Doug's house, Kyla made a YouTube video a few months ago where she made a protein bar in the FoFam kitchen with shots of what appears to be living room/dining room in the background. Doesn't really scream (or whisper) "Doug".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNqPoFydGo

But if you really want a glimpse into Doug's house, Kyla made a YouTube video a few months ago where she made a protein bar in the FoFam kitchen with shots of what appears to be living room/dining room in the background.

The "About Me" page on her website has an unfortunate typo:

"She is always eating healthy foods, which got me on the bang wagon..."

All jokes aside, she seems like she has a decent head on her shoulders and it couldn't have been easy to live (let alone learn about) a healthy lifestyle in that family.

I was watching the video of Rob at Ford Fest and as he's talking about his family the camera pans to Doug's wife Karla and she's standing there reapplying what looks to me like lipstick. It's a little thing, but that, on top of her smiling and waving and the Ford sisters laughing and smiling behind Doug during his emotional speech the other week, gives me the impression that his family are possibly kinda aloof and snooty when it comes to societal norms.
At the 2:25 mark is when she appears.
[video=youtube_share;1WFDRhzp4-w]http://youtu.be/1WFDRhzp4-w?t=2m21s[/video]

The "About Me" page on her website has an unfortunate typo:

"She is always eating healthy foods, which got me on the bang wagon..."

All jokes aside, she seems like she has a decent head on her shoulders and it couldn't have been easy to live (let alone learn about) a healthy lifestyle in that family.

It's just funny that the Ford "men" all go into politics while the girls are the only ones who seem capable of setting ambitious personal goals and then actually make them happen. Kyla vs Mikey isn't even on the same page.

So a junior staffer on Tory's campaign team told me she was concerned today's Forum poll shows Chow supporters moving to Dougie. She's been fearing this would happen. I told her Doug likely won't be getting many more Chow supporters as the vast majority of NDPers would never ever vote for a Ford. Ya'll agree? Or can you see NDP supporters moving to Ford to stop Tory?

So a junior staffer on Tory's campaign team told me she was concerned today's Forum poll shows Chow supporters moving to Dougie. She's been fearing this would happen. I told her Doug likely won't be getting many more Chow supporters as the vast majority of NDPers would never ever vote for a Ford. Ya'll agree? Or can you see NDP supporters moving to Ford to stop Tory?

She sounds like a bag of hair. You told her well. She's in it because she likes Tory -- she doesn't know anything about the political polarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back