News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"so here's a song to cheer you up and get you psyched about getting back into the job market"

Probably the grimest of them all:

They used to tell me I was building a dream
With peace and glory ahead
Why should I be standing in line
Just waiting for bread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhRGUYMcfU

Last edited:
Dennis Raphael ‏@NewYorkBoy2305 38m38 minutes ago
@judemacdonald today?

Jude MacDonald
‏@judemacdonald
@NewYorkBoy2305 As mentioned before, process already started. Today, another big step. Then another. When/if media pick up, I don't control.

@judemacdonald today?

Jude MacDonald
‏@judemacdonald
@NewYorkBoy2305 As mentioned before, process already started. Today, another big step. Then another. When/if media pick up, I don't control.

OK, so sounds like approaching media with this story is not part of her plan. I wonder if any reporters are aware of what she's working on but not in a position to comment on it (yet).

Last edited:
Probably the grimest of them all:

They used to tell me I was building a dream
With peace and glory ahead
Why should I be standing in line
Just waiting for bread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhRGUYMcfU

Off topic: There is a wonderful episode about that song in the 20 Pieces of Music That Changed the World series by Robert Harris on Michael Enright's Sunday Morning show.* Apparently it was the first American hit song durring the Great Depression that was not on the theme of "cheer up, smile!" Due to performance rights issues the series it is not available as a podcast but it can be streamed: http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/...wenty-pieces-of-music-that-changed-the-world/.

*Bit of a cheat: The series has more than 20; but the more the better when it comes to Robert Harris.

OK, so sounds like approaching media with this story is not part of her plan. I wonder if any reporters are aware of what she's working on but not in a position to comment on it (yet).

I hate being teased for nothing.

An unfortunate side effect of this big build up to Jude's news is that the reaction will either be "wow!!" or "really? that's it?".

@judemacdonald today?

Jude MacDonald
‏@judemacdonald

hmmm . . .

An unfortunate side effect of this big build up to Jude's news is that the reaction will either be "wow!!" or "really? that's it?".

precisely: expectation management is a fine (and crucial) art. metroman has obviously been an object lesson in this from the start.

I just don't get teasing a deadline of sorts and having us look out when it seems it may be something media won't find out about and she won't say. Why bother ?!

It's something more than the fact that Doug is advertising for (illegal) unpaid internships like a millionaire cheapskate, right?

Is Jude a musician, as well? Because if this is all one big stunt to help promote her new album or something, I'll be verrrrry upset ;)

Please stop speculating on Jude's motives. Her bona fides are rock solid and public enough to search. If there is a delay my mind goes to injunction. She's taking on a family of Goliaths. ..with legals on retainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back