Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 1.02.29 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 1.02.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 1.02.29 PM.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 878
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 1m1 minute ago
Author Paul Harbridge to release a children's book inspired by Rob Ford about "abrasive porcupine named Rock," with brother named "Digger"

Can we adopt those names for a while? Rock & Digger has a certain ring to it. (Although I'm still partial to the Crack Bürgermeister).

ETA:

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 8m8 minutes ago
Not to give away the plot, but Rock the porcupine is rumoured to hang out with "losers and n'er-d-wells" down by the Cranberry Corner

Last edited:
I feel like it's enough already with the "something big is about to drop" posts, with the follow-on speculation posts. Can we have a moratorium-ish thing about that?

I don't think the level of "chatter" here is unreasonable, considering Jude's very sure-sounding tweets from last night. At least until about midday today, some of us were expecting news virtually any second. Sounds like that might not happen now, but shit, this wasn't based on nothing.

It's been three weeks since the eleventh-hour-and-fortieth-minute meryl switcheroo. Rob was about to start his first cycle of chemo of 3 days on + 18 days off.

On that schedule, he'll be due to start round two sometime this weekend.

I'm sure I heard October 5th. Just not sure where I heard it.

There can be reasons not to go to the media but leave the media to find something themselves. Just one example: Filing pleadings for a civil suit containing allegations that are or might be defamatory is protected against being the basis for a defamation claim if those allegations are used within the context of that suit - but to send those pleadings to someone not involved in the civil suit or steer someone not involved in the civil suit into finding them (e.g., a reporter) can be the basis for a defamation claim.

Not likely related but that got me thinking about open legal cases w/ Rob. The only one I can think of is The Scotty Mac jailhouse beating lawsuit... Anyone know if there has been any anything there, update wise?

Who is Bonnie Luciano?

Anyway, her piece is like a Logical Fallacy Bingo Card with every square crossed.

Bonnie is a proud member of the IHTWOMRF facebook and recent immigrant from Florida.

She couldn't give a single specific example of what the Fords have actually done for the city. It's all just a bunch of generalized crap about his accomplishments. Typical Fordite arguments.

Last edited:
Bonnie is a proud member of the IHTWOMRF facebook and recent immigrant from Florida.

So ... low expectations for political integrity then?

deeply care about others and are passionate about this city - no, they're very good at putting on a display of caring and passion ... to cover up a core belief of FYIGM.

'Attacks and scrutiny'? Yeah, well ... unethical and downright criminal behaviour does tend to attract that.

Getting on with the job? RoFo has done a lot of a different job that is not the office of mayor. As for Doug, who the hell knows what he really does.

statistics I’ve read suggest one in four people are directly affected by some form of substance abuse ... but not, I would imagine, to the debilitating extent and with the amount of distraction from their responsibilities that Rob has demonstrated.

The Fords are for all of the people, not just some of the people - that is exactly backwards.

They're just letting anyone write in the Sun these days, aren't they? They must be desperate to support the Fords until the end ... or maybe to ditch them once and for all.

It's been three weeks since the eleventh-hour-and-fortieth-minute meryl switcheroo. Rob was about to start his first cycle of chemo of 3 days on + 18 days off.

On that schedule, he'll be due to start round two sometime this weekend.

I believe he started chemo on or around the Tuesday after the switcheroo, so yeah I'm guessing Sunday/Monday?

And for not a lot of money. I can't remember the price but it seemed average to me at the time. And if they had waited a decade for higher density they would have got way more. Townhouses on Eglinton seems to be underbuilding.

There can be reasons not to go to the media but leave the media to find something themselves. Just one example: Filing pleadings for a civil suit containing allegations that are or might be defamatory is protected against being the basis for a defamation claim if those allegations are used within the context of that suit - but to send those pleadings to someone not involved in the civil suit or steer someone not involved in the civil suit into finding them (e.g., a reporter) can be the basis for a defamation claim.

Similarly, it sounds to me that Jude is waiting for some outside agency/organization to act on information she has presented to them. Whatever agency that may be would likely have a "no comment" if called by a reporter about a matter under some kind of investigation (assuming my guess is in the t ballpark). The timing of any kind of information release is out of her hands. Moreover, it may never become public if whoever/whatever Jude is dealing decides not to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back