8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
AriGoldkind 12:38pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be debating @oliviachow @johntoryTO & @DougFord2014 on Sunday at 7pm @UJAFederation.

I got the impression it would be a revelation that Doug really hasn't been donating his salary to charity at all, but this is good. Of course, Doug is going to argue that none of the Deco-related stuff ended up 'lining his pockets'.

Tin-foil hat time: what if the reason the cops haven't made a move on Rob is because they and a select handful of other people have known for a long time that he had cancer and were just letting him self-medicate/go out in a blaze of partying glory because there is no reasonable possibility of convicting him before he dies? And because it would make them look partisan/heartless?

Yes, Jude, thou rocketh.

Now if only FN types could understand "conflict of interest" and / or "unethical". Or, do FN types think "that's just what an elected official does"?.

You can hear the "They're all corrupt, Chow lived in public housing / Tory (did something)" already, if you listen hard enough.

I doubt it will matter. Conflict of Interest laws in Canada appear to be guidelines, not actual "laws", as such.

It's not as earth-shaking as I hoped but it would be nice if something finally stuck to these guys, even after the fact.

With this application, Jude is making very important points re how we deal with conflict issues at the municipal level. For that alone, she gets two thumbs up from me.

Last edited:
With this application, Jude is making very important points re how we deal with conflict issues at the municipal level. For that alone, she gets two thumbs up from me.

Oh, I agree! And I'm happy she/Gleason make mention of how absurd it is that it is up to citizens to file COI complaints. I didn't mean to make light of it. I guess at this point we all just want some kind of instantaneous killshot on these tenacious boobs.

(And I mentioned it before but since the lawyer thing was getting kicked around: Gleason is [or at least was] representing Scott McIntyre in his civil suit.)

Tin-foil hat time: what if the reason the cops haven't made a move on Rob is because they and a select handful of other people have known for a long time that he had cancer and were just letting him self-medicate/go out in a blaze of partying glory because there is no reasonable possibility of convicting him before he dies? And because it would make them look partisan/heartless?

Cops go to medical school and carry medical-imaging equipment in the trunks of their cars? All this time, I thought it was shotguns.:p

And just to fill in the remaining holes, the reference is to the Sound of Music song "My Favorite Things", which Coltrane loved to play. And 88 refers to the number of keys on a piano. /nerd out

Holy modal majesty batman....and there's me with 2 tickets for Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea....ok ok I'll stop...

Perp-walking a guy with an IV pole would look pretty bad.

View attachment 34990

True but we all know how this is going to play out. Tug will claim he's a "job creator" and these votes in question benefited the "taxpaying folks".

Holy modal majesty batman....and there's me with 2 tickets for Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea....ok ok I'll stop...

No Mystery is my FAVE Chick Corea album. Saw the Return to Forever tour in 2011 with Zappa plays Zappa, EPIC!!

Cops go to medical school and carry medical-imaging equipment in the trunks of their cars? All this time, I thought it was shotguns.:p

I meant more in the sense of the information being disclosed to them, not that they detected the cancer themselves ...

Good job, Jude. Now for Soknacki's release!

AriGoldkind 12:38pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be debating @oliviachow @johntoryTO & @DougFord2014 on Sunday at 7pm @UJAFederation.

Fun!

Also, I saw some John Parker signs in Leaside, plus some for a guy I have never heard of.

Last edited:
congratulations, jude, i really admire your initiative

given that dougie was served last night, i can see your hesitation in saying anything until the mainstream media covered the story

best wishes and stick to your guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back