8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here it is

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/ford-brothers-face-new-conflict-of-interest-complaint-in-court/article20912455/#dashboard/follows/

"A new conflict-of-interest complaint against Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Doug Ford has been filed in court.

In the latest dramatic twist in the closely watched mayoral race, Toronto resident and activist Jude MacDonald has filed an application with the Ontario Superior Court, alleging that both Rob and Doug broke the Ontario Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by participating in council debates and votes related to clients of the family firm, Deco Labels and Tags."

Digging into @KelFord_'s posts through topsy.com, it appears that not only is she dismissing Goldkind on the basis of his appearance (i.e., not handsome enough to vote for), she also dismissed Andray Domise for being 'transparently all full of himself. Look at me, my clothes LOL'.

Yet somehow Ford's appearance is good enough for her.

It helps if you are a bit of music nerd, Gavin. The "88" is a piano. "Modal" playing involves building different scales off the tones of a "parent" scale.

And just to fill in the remaining holes, the reference is to the Sound of Music song "My Favorite Things", which Coltrane loved to play. And 88 refers to the number of keys on a piano. /nerd out

The Star is doing a major piece covering the 15 most hotly contested races in the city. It will be out as early as this weekend, barring being knocked forward but more urgent stories. Should be an interesting read.

Well, here it is

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-in-court/article20912455/#dashboard/follows/

"A new conflict-of-interest complaint against Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Doug Ford has been filed in court.

In the latest dramatic twist in the closely watched mayoral race, Toronto resident and activist Jude MacDonald has filed an application with the Ontario Superior Court, alleging that both Rob and Doug broke the Ontario Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by participating in council debates and votes related to clients of the family firm, Deco Labels and Tags."

Thank you, Jude. You rock.

Well, Jude came through. Well done!

It's not as earth-shaking as I hoped but it would be nice if something finally stuck to these guys, even after the fact.
They just. Don't. Get. It.

Also, worth noting that her lawyer, Tim Gleason, also filed the Scott McIntyre civil suit.

Isn't Gleason a criminal lawyer? I think he represented the families of Kristin French and Lesley Mahaffy.

Digging into @KelFord_'s posts through topsy.com, it appears that not only is she dismissing Goldkind on the basis of his appearance (i.e., not handsome enough to vote for), she also dismissed Andray Domise for being 'transparently all full of himself. Look at me, my clothes LOL'. In other words, too handsome/concerned about appearances. Hypocritical, much?

lol. None of them are exactly Audrey Hepburn or Gregory Peck.

It's not as earth-shaking as I hoped but it would be nice if something finally stuck to these guys, even after the fact.
They just. Don't. Get. It.

Also, worth noting that her lawyer, Tim Gleason, also filed the Scott McIntyre civil suit.

It may be more earth shattering once the details emerge. And just the possibility of being barred from office? Priceless! Go Jude!

AriGoldkind 12:38pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be debating @oliviachow @johntoryTO & @DougFord2014 on Sunday at 7pm @UJAFederation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back