News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the intent is to produce some sort of gotcha moment with regard to Doug Ford's "Jewish conspiracy", I think we can safely let it drop. It's not going anywhere because Doug will never, ever cop to lying or even stretching the truth. We've even identified an easy out for him if it gets any uglier: he can just say he confused Russian Orthodox with Orthodox Judaism. There won't be any apology or admission of wrongdoing.

I get that some on this forum enjoy the internet sleuthery aspect of it all, finding ways to definitively "catch" the Fords in a lie. Me, I can't help thinking "why expend all this energy for zero payoff"? I guess if you give up on calling out liars, that's just opening the floodgates, and there is value in vigilance as an ethical stand. But the Fords take "what's the fucking point?" to a whole new level.

Im tired of the topic but I congratulate those who sketched it out. It all matters. Death by a thousand cuts is still death.

I just saw a news story on CP20Ford about Thug's upcoming anti-Tory attack ads, and yep, it's all about Charter Communications Inc. And it's all bullshit. Lies, lies, lies. As we've been discussing here.

So much so, that I'm wondering if it might not be considered libellous. I know Tory likely wouldn't have the stomach to go after Thug through the courts even if he had legitimate cause - and slimy political ads are hardly something new, so it might be thought beyond the pale even if Tory were to take such a route...but I dunno. The sheer scumbag hubris of the Fords has broken so many precedents in our local political scene in Toronto, I can't help wondering if Thug might not be at genuine risk here.

Repeating a libel can be a libel (not absolutely so; there are defences). If the TV ad does not get broadcast tomorrow (as DF camp announced it will be) that might be a sign that Tory has his lawyers sending 'better be careful about showing an ad when the subject of the ad says that it is a malicious lie....' letters to the local TV outlets.

Im tired of the topic but I congratulate those who sketched it out. It all matters. Death by a thousand cuts is still death.

If nothing else, as I said to one reporter yesterday, it matters because there are still some reporters who do not yet get it that any "fact" coming from Doug has to be in quotes (ink, air or otherwise, to fit the medium) unless and until thoroughly and sceptically fact-checked, and the same goes for a "fact" coming from a Ford shill who got that "fact" from Doug.

Echoing something said up-thread, Tea Party-style camping relies on a combination of George Carlin's famous adage about the stupidity of the average person and the fact that the average person only reads/see/hears, and in any event remembers, the headline - so if the headline is "Doug Says X", rather than "Doug Lies About X", the DF camp turns horse shit into at least brass (gold might go too far).

OK señor casita, you are scaring me with an elected Doug.

However, I gotta wonder about a scenario where:
  • Goldkind's great debate performance has earned him some support. He is now playing too.
  • Chow is starting to perform a little better
  • Tory faltering under criticism, or repeating history
  • Doug not seen as the same threat as Rob amongst uncommitted voters
  • Disgusted voters now totally disengaged and staying home

Doug's constant is 33%. That's 27% crazification factor + a 6% lift everytime he's in the news, good or bad.

Lift Tory's opponents enough to degrade his estimated support to 34% and it's game on.

Is this where you're coming from?

Krista, Kayla, Kara, Kyla. Four's numerous numerous, right?

I think, among other things, they might each have their own Mustang!

I hope the girls have let Dad know they expect a present for each day of the 8 days of Chanukah. ;)

For the life of me, I can't tell which is which, but I swear in that Imgur photo spread, I keep seeing the same 3 girls with Fitmama. Before the account went private I think there was a reference to one going away to college, but that photo spread covers a year; hard to believe she wouldn't have any visits home, especially to some of those nice vacations? Seems weird, no?

David Rider @dmrider · 33m 33 minutes ago
Ford family shopping photos making the rounds on Fbook, apparently to counter Doug Ford's dislike of the elite http://imgur.com/a/PXU7h?gallery

I guess someone managed to save all these pics before the accounts went private. Nothing says anti-elitism like Chanel purses and Gucci watches.

See Doug claim they're all secondhand or knock-offs and that the family vacation in Monte Carlo was a Groupon in 3...2...1...

If this is even acknowledged by Doug, it will be framed as an ATTACK on his wife and his LITTLE girls, and a DISGUSTING invasion of their privacy.

100% guaranteed.

Marilyn Lastman, manufacturer and distributor of Fuzzbuster devices, has said she will take legal action against the province because she thinks the law is unconstitutional.

It is still legal to sell such devices, but Mrs. Lastman says sales have dropped since use of the detectors became illegal.

Her firm, Lyntronics Ltd., has laid off some employees.

I was thinking more of her strange kidnapping.

And wasn't there shoplifting, too?

Repeating a libel can be a libel (not absolutely so; there are defences). If the TV ad does not get broadcast tomorrow (as DF camp announced it will be) that might be a sign that Tory has his lawyers sending 'better be careful about showing an ad when the subject of the ad says that it is a malicious lie....' letters to the local TV outlets.

I wonder if anyone will bring up the context of the Charter filing: a highly leveraged U.S. firm went under in the midst of a global credit-market collapse. Yeah, like that only happened once.

OK señor casita, you are scaring me with an elected Doug.

However, I gotta wonder about a scenario where:
  • Goldkind's great debate performance has earned him some support. He is now playing too.
  • Chow is starting to perform a little better
  • Tory faltering under criticism, or repeating history
  • Doug not seen as the same threat as Rob amongst uncommitted voters
  • Disgusted voters now totally disengaged and staying home

Doug's constant is 33%. That's 27% crazification factor + a 6% lift everytime he's in the news, good or bad.

Lift Tory's opponents enough to degrade his estimated support to 34% and it's game on.

Is this where you're coming from?

Just to say that the only poll I believe is the vote itself, L-D.

As much as we enjoy kidding them, I consider FN a real political force in Toronto.

If he gets in, I can see Doug appointing Rob as Deputy Mayor. I do not see Rob going on sick leave, as long as he can still make telephone calls from his cancer bed.

I wonder how many cops will be on hand in case any sore losers show up? A celebration will be like rubbing salt in a wound. After seeing the FN howler monkeys at the debates, this sounds like it has the potential for violence. I would stay the hell away from it.

I would not be going *anywhere* near city hall for at least a month after Ford loses.

Wow does this thread move fast. There was a discussion earlier on if the Ford lies are just pathological or is it an actual backroom strategy. The lies and scandals are done so often it makes me wonder if it is actually planned. That they think if they lie and scandal so much that we all become numb to the big ones. That's why they lie over big things but also stupid sh*t as well. It reminds me a bit of the Simpsons when Monte Burns went to the doctor and the doctor said he had every germ so no particular germ can get through as all the other germs block each other like the "three stooges getting through the door scenario". Is that like the Ford's lie, they lie so much that nothing gets through?

This also brings me to Doug saying he will go to to the Gay pride parade and would that have a negative reaction to his base. Here's the scary thing, I believe Ford knows everybody knows he lies, even his base inside knows he's a weasel and will lie about anything so I am thinking he thinks/knows Ford nation will just look at that and think "There's sly Doug again, lying to those stupid f*gs just to get their vote, he doesn't mean it". Which is also why he was so comfortable to say DRL to be a priority instead of the suburb subway he always pushed his base accepts his lie and think "Hopefully that fools some downtowners to vote for our guy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back