News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Doug still getting paid by the City to represent Ward 2?

He is the only candidate for mayor ( at least in the top four ) who is a city employee / councillor. Rob ( until he got sick ) and Doug seem to campaign full-time.

I understand he is a Councillor, not an employee.

"Any employee who is a candidate for office for the City of Toronto Council must take an unpaid leave of absence. The leave begins before the employee files his/her nomination papers and ends on voting day."
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/16093429d6c1c208852573530064fbbb?OpenDocument

It doesn't say anything about Councillors running for Mayor.

Councillors aren't employees so a lot of what you're posting isn't applicable.

He used to live right on the corner of Mississauga Road and Dundas in Mississauga, but I seem to recall hearing recently that he sold his house.

Oh shoot, I didn't see this before I posted. That was the lore when I lived in and around there. But I just checked Google Maps, and there is no house where I expected to find one. In my memory, it's not the house that was up for auction.

(The infamous Igor Gouzenko was also rumoured to be in the neighbourhood, not that far away).

Councillors aren't employees so a lot of what you're posting isn't applicable.

Thanks. I understand he is not an employee. It was the only reference I could find.

Do you know the answer to this question: Can he campaign full-time for mayor, and still pick up a pay cheque from the City? He seems to be the only mayoral candidate on the City payroll. Or is he on Leave Without Pay?

(The infamous Igor Gouzenko was also rumoured to be in the neighbourhood, not that far away).

Another dot to connect.

View attachment 35303

Thanks. I understand he is not an employee. It was the only reference I could find.

Do you know the answer to this question: Can he campaign full-time for mayor, and still pick up a pay cheque from the City? He seems to be the only mayoral candidate on the City payroll. Or is he on Leave Without Pay?

Another dot to connect.

View attachment 35303

Full pay.

Did anyone catch the Chief Blair presser where a reporter asked about the existence of a video that was of a Judge smoking Crack? Blair said he would not comment on Brazen or Traveler investigations any further - HOLY CRAP!

I did hear that. At least where he said he wouldn't comment on Brazen. I didn't hear him say Traveller. But I didn't read much into it. He made such a toxic mess of Brazen 2 that I imagine this has been his key message ever since.

Once upon a time, Cherry was reputed to live near Mississauga Rd. and Dundas St. W. That was more than 20 years ago, so who knows if it was true then or if he's still there. Not really that close to north Etobicoke.

But I don't buy that it's Cherry. Nor Healy. My money is still on Jay Onrait. He's always struck me as the kind of guy who likes to get coked up and party. (I wasn't the only one

Onrait has never been a hockey guy, though. He and O'Toole always did SportsCentre and that was it.

Toronto's celebs and prominent members of society get their coke from a Somali from north Etobicoke?

To be fair, that's where the MAYOR OF TORONTO got his crack. It sounds shocking, but once you unravel who he knows and how, it all makes sense. Why not the same for others? You never know who knows who and how. We all grew up somewhere.

Last edited:
Ari Goldkind ‏@AriGoldkind · 7m7 minutes ago
I've just been pulled from tomorrow's debate. I don't know what to say right now about what's going on. Stunned. #TOpoli

Toronto's celebs and prominent members of society get their coke from a Somali from north Etobicoke?
Not directly, but maybe Siad is part of the chain. Coke comes in to Toronto from somewhere. It gets passed down eventually to the dealer who personally hooks the celebs up. Not saying Siad is our Scarface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back