News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Tory just had his "faith based schools" moment. I just hope it didn't help Doug out.

It's Thanksgiving weekend, isn't it?

Indeed.
Thank You, Robin
For the story we are about to consume,
For those who are here
To share these blessings ,
For the generosity of our UT hosts
That make this possible.
Bless those who are here
And those who are in our hearts,

And all those who are not
As fortunate on this day.

Amen.

I thought she did well during this debate. I was literally shocked when I heard Tory's comment.

Don't leave us hanging! What did he say?!?

ETA: Wait, he LITERALLY said white privilege doesn't exist? I thought that was an editorialization. ::facepalm::

Last edited:
I just drove by a corner house that had 7 Ford signs. Gross! The neighbourhood losers!

Drove past a house in Ward 20 that had two Ford signs, but also two Joe Cressy signs. As my kid surmised 'Maybe it's different apartments ... or a husband and wife who don't get along'.

Best bit:

According to company lore – a story that was confirmed by a police official with direct knowledge of the incident, a former Deco employee and a source close to the Fords – about two decades ago, police officers spotted Randy walking out of Deco holding a garbage bag in one hand and a weigh scale in the other. They suspected the bag was filled with marijuana. When Randy Ford spotted the officers, he ran into the office. The officers chased after him and wrestled him to the ground. But when they turned to collect the evidence, the bag was gone. Police believe someone disposed of it during the commotion.

That is just beautifully pathetic. "Police believe someone disposed of it during the commotion." Way to go, TPS. (But it's great that the story got into the Globe.)

I agree that that's the best bit, but the lede is not too shabby ...

On a recent afternoon, the reception desk stood empty and no one was in any of the offices. A reporter, looking for someone to speak with, eventually found a manager near the back printing press.

This is Deco Labels and Tags’ New Jersey division – and according to mayoral candidate Doug Ford, one of the company’s “most vibrant locations.â€

Don't leave us hanging! What did he say?!?

ETA: Wait, he LITERALLY said white privilege doesn't exist? I thought that was an editorialization. ::facepalm::

I just rewinded my pvr.

@9:25:03

Reporter: "John...John, does white privilege exist?"
John Tory: "White privilege,no, I think, no I don't know that it does..."

Indeed.
Thank You, Robin
For the story we are about to consume,
For those who are here
To share these blessings ,
For the generosity of our UT hosts
That make this possible.
Bless those who are here
And those who are in our hearts,

And all those who are not
As fortunate on this day.

Amen.

This!

I have been a Globe subscriber for decades, and am pretty grumpy about the quality of their operation in 2014, compared to the not-so-distant past.

But I'm truly grateful that they were willing to spend the money to have Doolittle and McArthur travel to various dark and dusty industrial locations to ask a bunch of pertinent questions about Deco.

It really worries me that these days most news media operations can't afford to do that kind of work.

Not to go off on another grammar tangent, but there's actually nothing wrong with ending a sentence with a preposition. It's been happening since the Old English period and it wasn't until the 1700s-1800s that some pedant(s) decided it shouldn't be done because Latin doesn't do it.

As the seven-year-old at the top of the stairs said to his father below, "What are you bringing that book that I don't want to be read to out of up for?"

Oh no...

We're in the heading into the 9th inning fer chrisake, JT. It's like rooting for the Leafs.

View attachment 35557

Too right. You're mixing baseball and hockey there, but an analogy to the Leafs/Bruins game 7 not long ago comes to mind.

It would be reckless optimism on steroids, though, to hope that flawed but reasonable candidate OC could gain from this enough to take down both serial-self-wounder JT and raging sociopath Doug.

This!

I have been a Globe subscriber for decades, and am pretty grumpy about the quality of their operation in 2014, compared to the not-so-distant past.

But I'm truly grateful that they were willing to spend the money to have Doolittle and McArthur travel to various dark and dusty industrial locations to ask a bunch of pertinent questions about Deco.

It really worries me that these days most news media operations can't afford to do that kind of work.

My wife and I have been kicking around a digital subscription, this story has tipped that to getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back