News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I have been kicking around a digital subscription, this story has tipped that to getting.

Not sure what the G&M's policy is, but my print sub to The Star comes with digital access included.
A print subscription employs a whole lot more people (in Toronto, in Ontario, in Canada).
And you can read it on the subways subways subways where there's no Internet.
Just suggestin' :)

I wouldn't put too much stock into the paragraph on Randy's declining bonus.
He's just trying to hide income in divorce court.

...what kind of a question is that?

That's supposed to be an easy one. As a "comfortable" (read WAY south on the food chain, from Tory, but doing okay) white guy, the answer should be: "HELL YEA, there is white privilege, but I'm gonna use mine to try to level the playing field."

I just rewinded my pvr.

@9:25:03

Reporter: "John...John, does white privilege exist?"
John Tory: "White privilege,no, I think, no I don't know that it does..."

I think this is like the 5th time someone has said, "I think Olivia/Tory has just had their X moment."
Neither of them has. Heck, people were saying that last night, with the whole debate thing!

Anyway, the second half of what Tory said, from Ben Spurr:
"There are ppl who are left behind, where I think what they need is a hand up from ppl of all diff. skin colours + religions + backgrounds."

In other news, I agree that Randy-with-a-garbage-bag [A GARBAGE BAG!] is the best part of the Deco story.

I totally agree with this:
I wouldn't put too much stock into the paragraph on Randy's declining bonus.
He's just trying to hide income in divorce court.

A dude's income in a divorce hearing says more about wanting to look pore than his company's finances. These guys!

And Goldsbie put on Twitter that reporters are kicking themselves for never having looked in to whether Deco had city contracts. I swear that has been common knowledge for a long time. I don't know if I got it from here or somewhere else but I read that and found it 100% not surprising. I'm not sure why he was surprised by it...

Spidey senses says that the Pennsauken, NJ expansion is more suspect. They bought a distressed firm in 2008 and turned it into a "vibrant" location according to DoFo's bio. But there is no reference to Deco via online sources (assume it's http://www.wisetaglabel.com/ ?). There's got to be dirt there.

Bam!

Had no idea that the G&M was working on the story...

Not sure what the G&M's policy is, but my print sub to The Star comes with digital access included.
A print subscription employs a whole lot more people (in Toronto, in Ontario, in Canada).
And you can read it on the subways subways subways where there's no Internet.
Just suggestin' :)

Already have the print script with the Star... 7 day even. I'll check G&M options.

Drove past a house in Ward 20 that had two Ford signs, but also two Joe Cressy signs. As my kid surmised 'Maybe it's different apartments ... or a husband and wife who don't get along'.

I came home yesterday to find a Doug Ford flyer stuck in my door and whoever did it is either tall or funny 'cause the eyes were at eye level. I stared for a moment to capture the true movie moment and then I didn't even let it in my home. Even ripped it for extra measure.

I think this is like the 5th time someone has said, "I think Olivia/Tory has just had their X moment."
Neither of them has. Heck, people were saying that last night, with the whole debate thing!

Anyway, the second half of what Tory said, from Ben Spurr:
"There are ppl who are left behind, where I think what they need is a hand up from ppl of all diff. skin colours + religions + backgrounds."

In other news, I agree that Randy-with-a-garbage-bag [A GARBAGE BAG!] is the best part of the Deco story.

I totally agree with this:

A dude's income in a divorce hearing says more about wanting to look pore than his company's finances. These guys!

And Goldsbie put on Twitter that reporters are kicking themselves for never having looked in to whether Deco had city contracts. I swear that has been common knowledge for a long time. I don't know if I got it from here or somewhere else but I read that and found it 100% not surprising. I'm not sure why he was surprised by it...

I don't know how it works, are they allowed to have city contracts if there is a process or are any city contracts a COI?

I like the part about how they charged the city $2419.50 for "extra tags that came off the print run".

The order total was for $24195, so $2419.50 means the extra tags represented 10% of the run.

The run was for 500,000

So... 50,000 extra tags came off the print run!

Maybe they just figured they'd send an extra 10% because the City never said they didn't want it..

Gasp... Did Deco practise negative option billing?

Last edited:
...what kind of a question is that?

It's a worthy question (Yours, not the one you're asking about.) Haven't seen the footage, so don't know who asked it. That might be telling.

But as to why such a question might be asked? Venturing a guess here but, one that might be asked at a debate regarding neighbourhoods at risk, that are likely neither 'privileged' or...going out on a limb...'white'? The kind you might ask someone - who's running for the city's highest office at such a debate - whose entire existence has been characterized by the adjectives 'white' and 'privilege' ?

It's a 'gotcha' type situation, no doubt. But it's not entirely misplaced. Still, kinda weird.

Last edited:

Maybe I am guilty of thinking that The Wire was a documentary ... but is it not Police 101 that when a suspect takes off running with a GARBAGE BAG FULL OF SUSPECTED EVIDENCE that some cops should follow the suspect and other cops should follow the garbage bag?!

Maybe I am guilty of thinking that The Wire was a documentary ... but is it not Police 101 that when a suspect takes off running with a GARBAGE BAG FULL OF SUSPECTED EVIDENCE that some cops should follow the suspect and other cops should follow the garbage bag?!

It's all in the game, yo.

I mean it sounds like "probable cause" to me. You're there, there's a known dealer with a garbage bag and a scale....how you allow the evidence to disappear is beyond me but I guess it gels with the general sense we've long had that there were elements of TPS shielding the Fords. It just makes no sense otherwise.
Besides, it's not like he was coming out of 15 Windsor; he was coming out of DECO. Who in there would have been helping him hide a GARBAGE BAG of pot?

(Also, a side note: I think I'm up to like my 3rd or 4th second-hand confirmation, someone who knows someone who totally bought drugs from Doug back in the day. I dunno how these boobs ever thought they could hide it and I can't imagine how hard it must be for Tory to not say something every time Doug rants about how transparent his resume is. [I know it's easy for Chow because even if someone handed her campaign verified VHS footage of Rob and Doug openly dealing, she'd bury it, saying it's an irrelevant distraction and doesn't do anything to help the children and the lady who can't get on the crowded streetcar.])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back