News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford campaigning at Jane and Finch?? So far he's been spotted "campaigning" in several places, but none of them appear to be Ward 2. On the night of one Ward 2 debate he went to the mayoral debate instead. He's so sure of winning he isn't even pretending to try to show up?

How incredibly insulting to the residents of the ward he claims to care so much about. I shudder to think that they will mindlessly re-elect him given such blatant disregard.

My theory is that Doug's team's internal polling numbers are worrisome so they are rolling Rob out into the areas where Doug needs help.

My theory is that Doug's team's internal polling numbers are worrisome so they are rolling Rob out into the areas where Doug needs help.

Using a gimp promotion is tried and true in politics.

The problem I have with this is that it just isn't that black and white, because Ford personalities inform and shape their politics.

Well, John Tory apparently is a likeable fellow. He's educated, clean cut, well-spoken, has a terrific CV, etc. So what's informed and shaped his politics? Here's a person who endorsed both Fords in 2010 (with his words and cash), and well into Rob Ford's bumblefuck term as mayor was still sticking up for him on his radio program. I'm not implying for one moment that Tory is as bad as the Fords on a personal level (he's clearly not), but politics-wise? As Ari Goldkind said (good line!): He's a Ford in sheep's clothing.

CP24 ‏@CP24 · 2m2 minutes ago
A new poll from Mainstreet Technologies keeps Tory in lead with 38 per cent, Ford with 29 per cent & Chow at 22 per cent. #Toronto #cp24vote

IIRC someone on Reddit was claiming Rob was kicked out of a polling station yesterday. He was. Guess he forgot the part about germs and chemo. What an idiot.

Going after the front-runner isn't "teaming up" with Dougie. Chow's a candidate trying to get elected mayor. She's not a muckraking journalist whose assignment is to refute ever horrible thing the Fords have ever said and done.

Yes, she could have been harder on Dougie (and Rob before that). But the same could be said of Tory, Stintz and Soknacki. Goldkind's been the only one to go after the Fords with any enthusiasm.
A large part of Chow's platform is that she can be a unifying factor and work with everyone. Even people she might not like. And she might be heeding the advice of the old saying,
Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Friday, October 17, 2014

"Why Olivia Chow is still in the mayor’s race:"
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...chow_is_still_in_the_mayors_race_hepburn.html

"she could avoid the potential wrath of voters that might erupt if she stays in the race and Ford edges ahead of Tory to victory."

Mayor Rob Ford was asked to leave an advance polling station Thursday for illegally campaigning.
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...olling_station_after_illegal_campaigning.html

"RE: Rob Ford medical records. Now @am640oakley wants s police investigation. Where was this enthusiasm when Ford was buying drugs?"
https://twitter.com/poormansmedia/status/523054870048550913

Last edited:
Take a good look at the number of celebrities who have been treated here and tell me, honestly, how much of their private medical information has slipped into the hands of the public or press.

Paramedics come across the occasional celebrity in a "compromising" situation.

There is one in particular that I would like to share...but, I forget who it was! ;)

This guy will campaign if it's literally the last thing he does. He was probably shaking hands too. No selfies from the day's camping?

Politicians must love celebrity endorsements.

Especially Doug, when he gets so few ( if any? ) endorsements.

Last edited:
CP24 ‏@CP24 · 2m2 minutes ago
A new poll from Mainstreet Technologies keeps Tory in lead with 38 per cent, Ford with 29 per cent & Chow at 22 per cent. #Toronto #cp24vote
The discrepancy interesting. Two nights ago both polls called me within 5 minutes(yes, I have a landline and answer it because I want to influence polls in however a small way). I voted for Olivia both times in the hopes of upping her numbers. Btw, Forum asked if I had a landline or a cell. Mainstreet also asked who I would vote for in my riding. I think it was Mainstreet that gave me "other" as a choice ( tempted to vote for Ari, but stuck to Olivia). I agree with others that poll results are iffy because of interpretation.

Mayor Rob Ford was asked to leave an advance polling station Thursday for illegally campaigning.
https://twitter.com/am640/status/523062222143385600

...so is Rob going to be an urban legend 100 years from now? If you chant subway 3 times in bathroom, will Rofo suddenly appear. Serious mode, either Rob is that desperate, no longer gives a shit, or maybe both. He's not even pretending anymore.

Using a gimp promotion is tried and true in politics.

I honestly thought that RV of Doug's would be used to cart Rob around the campaign trail as a "special attraction".

Worms indignant? That's quite the hypocritical show. Worms keeps getting a paycheque by keeping the Fords, specifically Robbie, in the news cycle, and IMNSHO is to use Robbie's ordeal as an election tool.

Sometimes when I read Joe's column about the Fords I am reminded of Hachikō.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back