News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before putting this to rest and going to bed I was not directly targeting you with "you can't diss strategic voting if you support strategic debating." It was more as a matter of general debate. To me these two are mutually exclusive.

I, for one (and perhaps me alone) wait with bated breath for the Greg Banks alternative history of the city. Maybe it would be like what James Ellroy did to L.A.?

Well I do have 60+ years of family lore as well as 40 odd years of salesman drivel picked from customers over the years...It could make for a for "A Long Strange Trip" (props to the Dead)

Might it come down to this?

If you hate the Fords' personalities more than their politics, you don't mind Tory winning.

If you hate the Fords' politics more than their personalities, you mind Tory winning.

I'm in the second camp...

The third camp could be:

If you hate the Ford personalities as much as you hate their politics you don't mind making sure anyone else wins.

This is where I am right now unfortunately.

Good night.

About the large advance voter turnout: it seems to me that while the antis have the galvanizing passion to vote to keep Doug out, whatever *pro*-Ford passion out there isn't so much to keep their man from being defeated, because so many of them are utterly convinced that he *will* win, ergo there's nothing to fear. Almost like Ford Nation's positioning itself to be on the wrong side of the tortoise-vs-hare divide...

Worms has gone nuts. I'm surprised he managed to stop short of accusing Mount Sinai of giving Rob's medical records to ISIS. And awwww, how cute, he even did research -- looking up the Personal Health Information Protection Act! He posted (part of) Section 72, but left out lots that might suggest these rules apply differently to hospital staff (section 71, "health information custodians" ??)

Here's the Act
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_04p03_e.htm

It's not like someone walked in off the street and looked at these records. I bet the rules are different as applied to hospital staff.

It was probably just someone who was wondering how advanced/terminal his cancer is and just couldn't contain their personal curiosity.

If this had happened to Tory, Worms and the Fordites would be all over the "why are you so upset, what have you got to hide?" angle.

The third camp could be:

If you hate the Ford personalities as much as you hate their politics you don't mind making sure anyone else wins.

This is where I am right now unfortunately.

Good night.

I find myself in this third camp too. I'm very torn and not sure what to do. I voted for Olivia twice when I lived in her Trinity Spadina riding previously and I thought straight away that she would be who I would be voting for this time around ....BUT... I hate the circus that the Fords have descended us into, I am not really impressed with Olivia this time around, and really wanted the candidates to come out swinging at the Fords when all the debates began. Unfortunately everyone was still playing by the actual rules then instead of dealing with the bully mentality that is Ford and walloping them with their lies. Olivia is still doing this and not calling them out. I don't know what to do and I think I will be flip-flopping until the last second. I am in the anyone but Ford camp, I can't stand to think of another four years of this BS. I will end up voting for the person who can stop this madness and get the city back on reasonable track and also stand up to them if they rear their ugly heads again.

Last edited:

If you hate the Fords' personalities more than their politics, you don't mind Tory winning.

If you hate the Fords' politics more than their personalities, you mind Tory winning.

Oooh. I'm a use that.

I followed Goldsbie's twitter at the debate tonight and chuckled at this comment.

Jaime Watt gets up out of his seat and gently steps out, rather than just turning into a bat to fly away.
https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/522903654089912322

Later a commenter said it was harsh so now I am wondering if he was joking or is there something I don't know about Watt as I wasn't familiar with him until I googled him. Anyway I liked it :D

The problem I have with this is that it just isn't that black and white, because Ford personalities inform and shape their politics.

I will end up voting for the person who can stop this madness and get the city back on reasonable track and also stand up to them if they rear their ugly heads again.

Funny thing. I was listening to "Sink the Bismarck" when I read that. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KecIdlEAKhU

The problem I have with this is that it just isn't that black and white, because Ford personalities inform and shape their politics.

We don't have much longer to wait to find out if they get back in. Toronto will get the government it deserves. ( And they might not like it! LOL )

Last edited:

Rob Ford campaigning at Jane and Finch?? So far he's been spotted "campaigning" in several places, but none of them appear to be Ward 2. On the night of one Ward 2 debate he went to the mayoral debate instead. He's so sure of winning he isn't even pretending to try to show up?

How incredibly insulting to the residents of the ward he claims to care so much about. I shudder to think that they will mindlessly re-elect him given such blatant disregard.

The article's a bit overheated, but even Rob has the right to medical privacy. And it is apparently a crime.

"For the public to have confidence in that, Toronto Police need to be called in."

There was a crime, that is not disputed, at least not from me. Rob also has the right to medical privacy; however, the Fords, especially Robbie, have moved the CH circus to Mt. Sinai, and continued the "rock star" persona. In doing so they have invited unsavoury types to do what they do best, exploit celebrities, and get paid for the task. If this is the case, we will see.

Worms indignant? That's quite the hypocritical show. Worms keeps getting a paycheque by keeping the Fords, specifically Robbie, in the news cycle, and IMNSHO is to use Robbie's ordeal as an election tool.

Last edited:
I can get this but Olivia deserves losing a good chunk of support for letting Doug get away with his crap. It's a double edge sword.

All the candidates are full of shit, it all depends which smell offends you the least.

Really? A couple of staff members couldn't control their curiosity. This does not mean they are selling any information to the highest bidder. Forty years ago we had access to confidential patient's charts throughout the hospital, and not once, in my recollection was anything spilled outside the confines of the institution. Nurses take an oath of confidentiality and, at least the ones I worked with, honoured that. Take a good look at the number of celebrities who have been treated here and tell me, honestly, how much of their private medical information has slipped into the hands of the public or press. This is a red herring that may well result in a witch hunt, but it's something hing that occurs frequently without detriment to the public (or private). It pretty much boil down to what we revel in here - gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back