News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trustee. I know they are relative small fry in the grand muni-political scheme of things, but it grinds my gears that Mikey may get elected to that position simply on brand name recognition.

A candidate came to my door who is quite presentable and well spoken. Also, qualified.

•Chair, Ward 7 Parent Advisory Council – 4 years
•Chair, Western Technical-Commercial School (Grades 9 – 12) Parent Advisory Council – current year
•Chair, Swansea Public School (Grades JK – 8) Parent Council – 3 years
•Chartered Professional Accountant with 25 years senior level accounting and tax experience
•Committed to transparent, accountable, and inclusive representation
•Committed to the delivery of a quality education to the students of Ward 7 and throughout the TDSB
http://robinpilkey.com/?page_id=29

Considering that subways, subways, subways were pretty much their only agenda (ok, ignore stuff like the Land Transfer Tax) and they like to pretend that a new subway has been built, in their little pea brains they can stretch this to mean that they got 98% of their agenda through. And the removal of the VRT is just icing on the cake! Heck, they might as well call it 100%.
What about the nickel bags? Rob handled that like a real pro.

Doug would never be as gracious as she was -- yes, she was shocked, but she recovered quickly. Doug will probably blow a gasket :)

I'm not much concerned about Doug's hurt feelings, but I am concerned that he could whip Ford Nation into a frenzy. They have never experienced defeat, and may not know how to handle it.

Gyokuon-hōsō

"To bear the unbearable."

“It’s a strategy that makes absolutely no sense. And what it shows is that these guys are utterly rudderless and don’t have a strategy, and are just kind of grasping at straws,” said Pantazopoulos, a partner at Maple Leaf Strategies. “I wouldn’t view it as Doug necessarily trying to take credit for the good while distancing himself from the bad. I think it’s more a question of: he can’t decide whether to distance himself or take credit, and therefore he’s kind of doing both.”

It's actually much simpler than that: Thug's an entitled prick who sees no reason he can't have things both ways and not be called on it. Why shouldn't he expect as much? It's hardly as if he - or anyone in his family - is used to being held accountable, even for pretty, minor shit.

Ward 2....it's hard to know what's going on there but I'd like to see it go neck and neck for a long time, really giving Rob that "something to fight for" the family wanted for him on Switcheroo Friday....and then I hope Domise pulls it out in the end, winning by just the slimmest, most painful of margins.

Sorry, but I can't agree. I want to see Slob totally crushed on Election Day, brutally smashed down, defeated by an utterly humiliating margin. And Slob and Thug's meat-puppet of a nephew as well.

Another thing learned - thanks! The Orange and the Green I was familiar with - but always wondered about the 'Black Irish' moniker. I didn't know that one had such a specific political meaning (those I knew who referred to selves as same just happened to have that coloring, so I imagined it simply referred to that!) - makes perfect sense that political subgroup would exist!

Funny, in our family (Irish) we were always told that the reference to the Black Irish meant Black "haired" Irish - "Another theory of the origin of the term "Black Irish" is that these people were descendants of Spanish traders who settled in Ireland and even descendants of the few Spanish sailors who were washed up on the west coast of Ireland after the disaster of the Spanish Armada of 1588" Apparently though, the Spanish angle theory seriously questioned.. (hey, just like Karla....you never know!! )

My father was black haired, dark eyed and swarthy complexioned thus we bought into the lore.

FN has never lost an election. I wonder how they will react?

[apocalyptic photo]

I don't think much of FN will be at Nathan Phillips Square. They don't much care for downtown, anyways. ;)
They'll be wherever Dougie is holding his "victory" party -- that Congress Centre on Dixon, or MamaFo's... or maybe the Dufferin Mall Walmart?

That's the most disingenuous question from here to Timbuktu.

This IS amusing but she was only being told that the one station had declared her out a few minutes in, so her reaction is understandable. I expect Tory will be crowned within 20 minutes of results coming in, probably sooner. Ward 2....it's hard to know what's going on there but I'd like to see it go neck and neck for a long time, really giving Rob that "something to fight for" the family wanted for him on Switcheroo Friday....and then I hope Domise pulls it out in the end, winning by just the slimmest, most painful of margins.

Except if it's by a slim margin, you may never hear the end of it from Fofam. No, I'd much rather it be a near landslide for Domise in Ward 2. If not a landslide, a very undeniable margin that shuts down any Fofam whining with a nice, steaming mug of "here, ya want a recount Rob? It's by a very wide margin of STFU, now GTFO".

For all his weird popping up in other wards, has Ford actually campaigned at all in Ward 2 to the best of anyone's knowledge? And assuming he actually is up to leaving his house to do political chores, why IS he showing up in Ward 17 instead of going door-to-door in his own ward? I guess my real question is: WTF?

That law really needs to be updated thanks to Rob. First offence warning, continue to hang around or ignore the election worker's request to leave. Call the cops, and instant disqualification, the offending candidate gets tossed out. No ifs ands or buts. Out on their tucchus.

Funny, in our family (Irish) we were always told that the reference to the Black Irish meant Black "haired" Irish - "Another theory of the origin of the term "Black Irish" is that these people were descendants of Spanish traders who settled in Ireland and even descendants of the few Spanish sailors who were washed up on the west coast of Ireland after the disaster of the Spanish Armada of 1588" Apparently though, the Spanish angle theory seriously questioned.. (hey, just like Karla....you never know!! )

My father was black haired, dark eyed and swarthy complexioned thus we bought into the lore.

One of my favorite character actors is J. Carrol Naish.

"Of Irish descent, he never played an Irishman. "When the part of an Irishman comes along, nobody ever thinks of me." He did play other ethnicities such as Italian, Native American, Hispanic and Chinese, which earned him the moniker "Hollywood's one-man U.N.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back