News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and Chief Bill Blair is doing a presser at 2:15 on security actions Toronto will take in light of Ottawa events. Random isolated incidents? I think not.

A time like this is when I want a Mayor and Chief of Police who work well together.

After seeing some tweets about heightened security at City hall and how some doors are now accessible by card only, I have a minor question.

It has been discussed that while RoFo can't hire his brother to work for him, DoFo might 'volunteer' to get around it. Would he be eligible for a pass card, parking pass (if they have that), etc? Can a councillor have those things given out to non-staff? Would make it hard to DoFo to quietly get in at night to roll his brother out after a night on the town.

Didn't Rob wanted the door locks restored so to speak on his triumphant return from spa-hab? Should Rob win Ward2, and Doug actually sticks around to be co-councilor. Or maybe as another clever member suggested Nunziata may hire Doug instead. There's always the cancer card. Doug is helping his cancer stricken brother, medical exemption perhaps? Bellow, bully, or bribe city staff to let them in because hey, they're the Fords? Casita? Any thoughts on what ways can a Ford sneak in another Ford into City Hall?

October 1970? That's when I emigrated here. Landed in Dorval flying BOAC. Lots of security.

So it's my fault?

Yes, you dirty, dirty criminal. :p

Pending Notification of Next of Kin, presumably?
Yes, looks like it unfortunately, now that police have announced death. I'd hoped he was wrong.

Doesn't look like very good shooter fortunately. Shot the soldierat point-blank range, and doesn't appear to have even seriously wounded anyone else, despite the length of the whole thing.

It's becoming questionable if there even is a second gunman based on the media reports ... so not necessarily terrorism.

How would Slob and/or Thug react as Mayor in the event of an actual crisis? We've already seen the former at work (so to speak) during the big ice storm from last year: Nowhere to be found as the crisis itself unfolded, then shoving his fat face in front of every tv camera in sight during the afetrmath, in a crass and transparent attempt to snatch as much credit as he could for other peoples' efforts. What a prince.

I wouldn't like to see brother Thug's performance in the wake of any home-based local terrorism or other acts of violence, but I think we can all comfortably assume he'd try to exploit any ensuing tragedy for as much personal gain as he could.

After seeing some tweets about heightened security at City hall and how some doors are now accessible by card only, I have a minor question.

It has been discussed that while RoFo can't hire his brother to work for him, DoFo might 'volunteer' to get around it. Would he be eligible for a pass card, parking pass (if they have that), etc? Can a councillor have those things given out to non-staff? Would make it hard to DoFo to quietly get in at night to roll his brother out after a night on the town.

Good question. Something we can look into in the future.

But, I would guess that even if he did not have a PROX Card ( they used to call them ) that he would buzz security to let him in.

Nephew Mikey appeared to have access to drive Rob.

Last edited:
It's becoming questionable if there even is a second gunman based on the media reports ... so not necessarily terrorism.

The only thing referencing mulitple shooters is a police spokesperson telling the media that they're "working under the assumption that more than one exists" which I suspect is pretty standard procedure for this type of thing. Assume the worse type of deal.

Also they're now saying that contrary to earlier reports no shooting occurred at the Rideau Center.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 10s10 seconds ago
Olivia Chow says tonight's mayoral debate in Toronto should continue despite events in Ottawa #TOpoli

Agree or disagree?

The show must go on.

Lou Costello did one three hours after his son drowned:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...KkWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BiMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2544,1664596

Doug is posing for selfies while this goes on.

"Rob Ford posed for selfies at the scene of a fatal accident"
http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/09/fact-38-rob-ford-posed-for-selfies-at.html

I was driving along Dundas and just west of Carlaw when I spotted a poster of grumpy cat. As I got closer, beneath the photo was the caption DOUG FORD? No idea of the significance, and I had no chance to take a pic to post here, but I feel bad for grumpy cat...

My experience too. One landline listed in the white pages, and 2 cell phones that aren't (do any cell phones get listed in the white pages?). There's been 5 or 6 polls, and various town-hall calls too on the land line. On the mobiles? Nothing.

I got polled by Forum for the first time ever on Monday. Call came in around 5pm to my cell phone, the number for which has never been a landline, but has been active for around 10 years and has moved among various cell providers in that time. I've never had a landline in my name. The poll was very Thug centred. He was the first option in response to ' Who would you vote for/have you already voted for? ' and a few of the other questions. It's a 416 # and I also get frequent telemarketing/scam calls.

This is my first post on here, thanks to all of you for providing me with exciting and immensely addictive reading for the past year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back