News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 1m1 minute ago
Olivia supporters: Direct your energy in the final days to elect strong progressives to #TOcouncil. That is where we can make a difference.

(emphasis mine)

That seems a rather bizarre comment.

It seems clear to me, asking her supporters to elect progressives to council to temper a Tory or Doug winning.

I've never followed the other wards, but I hope Councillor Doucette gets re-elected in Ward 13.

She doesn't just work here, she actually lives in the ward. That's important to me.

She works well with our ratepayers associations.

"Doug Ford calls Bloor West Village ‘ignorant’ at mayoral debate"
http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/11...loor-west-village-ignorant-at-mayoral-debate/

Local Councillor Sarah Doucette, who watched the debate, was not surprised.

“I thought that was classic. He’s actually told me to shut my mouth in city council,” Doucette, who is running for re-election in Ward 13, said afterward."

Folks, I need to start planning the libations and comestibles for the UT Ford-Free Fest in Suite 1735 at the Royal York on Monday night.
You're all invited, but like I said weeks ago, Fred Gardiner's borrowed the key and isn't returning my calls. (Damn Rogers cellphone and thank you John Tory.)

So give me your drink orders, cause I need to word-up room service. We can order anything, as long as it doesn't involve anybody getting naked (not even Mams). Dancing on the tables, yes. Table dancers, maybe not.

There will be popcorn and TV, so that we can watch the possible violence and robust discussions at Nathan Phillips Square. Bring all your Ford Nation tschotkes. We can either burn them in the fireplace or you may wish to keep them as a souvenir, but consider yourself turfed if you're thinking you're gonna post 'em for sale on eBay.

Suggestions for Ford-themed finger food or catering are welcome, cuz I don't like the places my mind takes me when I contemplate the topic. But go on, you know you wanna talk cocktail weenies and plenty-to-eat. Courtesy of the hospitality industry, we have plenty of Rob Ford drink recipes already, thank you.

I suggest we start with a round of Toronto Cocktails as served up by (not the real) Doug Ford. http://cold-glass.com/2010/11/03/mixing-with-fernet-branca-the-toronto-cocktail/

Any other ideas for a bang-up meryl-style shindig? ;)

View attachment 36185

This sounds interesting but I'm keeping my bobbleheads at home. For the eBay.

Let's not forget MetroMans contributions before everything became imminent.

He was once our hero and while he definitely lost that role, I don't think it is polite to trash him. It may be off-putting to future versions of our very own Cigarette Smoking Man.

As this thread reaches it's inevitable conclusion... I want to thank all of you for keeping me up-to-date, informed and entertained these past few years. I'm kind of sad to see it end but know it means we won, and the Fords are out of office.

Jimmi T - thank you for putting your neck on the line at the risk of bed bug infestation to keep us one step ahead of the news.

Sweetlou - thank you for being on the front lines with signs, doing what you could to make a difference.

RFMG - incredible perseverance and dedication tracking the Fords as well as reminding them that we exist, on a daily (when they show up) basis

Casita - :) you get the MVP award from me. Once it was made clear that you were, in fact, a former EMS worker... And that Toronto used to have a different Mayoral system... you went full steam ahead with making me laugh, learn and think.

Almost everyone has been a slice.

Who knows, perhaps I will venture off of this thread and into the rest of UT when all is said and done.

xo

ps - if Dofo somehow wins... the silver lining will be another 4 years with you folks

ETA - ANIMANITRONICALMAN!!!! You share the mVP with Casita! BWUAHAHAHA you made me laugh

It seems clear to me, asking her supporters to elect progressives to council to temper a Tory or Doug winning.

I also think the post-Ford clean-up job or "restoration" will involve long, hard debates. It's no Control-Z to get undo and a rollback. Having other progressives on council is one positive force, but even choosing grown-up adults in wards that lean slightly right is necessary. The Ford Zoo was helped along in earlier days by shoe-goo like Minnan-Wong, Mams and FNunziata. That's gotta stop too. We can only hope the visibility of these clowns provided by the RoDoFo circus will help that happen.

Jude MacDonald confirmed on Twitter that the story she was hyping has been released, the Lisi one.

Ann Hui @annhui
"I feel confident," says Doug. "I'm getting nothing but positive responses."

PLEASE let him be referring to a recent Ebola test

Let's not forget MetroMans contributions before everything became imminent.

He was once our hero and while he definitely lost that role, I don't think it is polite to trash him.

He brought it on himself for posting things as though they were a certainty, long after his sources dried up. And he continued to do so on Twitter long after he stopped here.

While I don't doubt that Rob is headed for aggressive debulking surgery (with surgeons like this one) and/or radiation and more chemo, it's not all that likely that he's going to die (or even be that sick) in 6 months. His course will be a lot more prolonged and through it he will become familiar with a new term: "Stoma".

So basically, he won't be doing a whole lot of work if he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back