News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Happy Mother's Day, mom! You raised four beautiful children."
https://twitter.com/CouncillorFord/status/465499202903355392

Ha! My background is in clinical psychology, and the nature vs. nurture debate is far from settled, but anecdotally, when you have 4 f-ed up kids from one family, that's a pretty big argument in favour of nurture.

Disclaimer - Not necessarily true in all cases, but the Fords seem to be exceptionally dysfunctional, all of them.

It seems clear to me, asking her supporters to elect progressives to council to temper a Tory or Doug winning.

While "endorsing" Tory? An odd combo, that.

I also think the post-Ford clean-up job or "restoration" will involve long, hard debates. It's no Control-Z to get undo and a rollback. Having other progressives on council is one positive force, but even choosing grown-up adults in wards that lean slightly right is necessary. The Ford Zoo was helped along in earlier days by shoe-goo like Minnan-Wong, Mams and FNunziata. That's gotta stop too. We can only hope the visibility of these clowns provided by the RoDoFo circus will help that happen.

On the other side, having erstwhile "progressives" like Perruzza and Cho around doesn't help either.

So basically, he won't be doing a whole lot of work if he wins.

I think it's fair to say that was never in doubt, cancer or not!

Ha! My background is in clinical psychology, and the nature vs. nurture debate is far from settled, but anecdotally, when you have 4 f-ed up kids from one family, that's a pretty big argument in favour of nurture.

Disclaimer - Not necessarily true in all cases, but the Fords seem to be exceptionally dysfunctional, all of them.

hehehe That's the fake account that got into a Twitter war with DMW!
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/21/denzil-minnan-wong-tweets-questions-to-doug-ford-parody-account

While I don't doubt that Rob is headed for aggressive debulking surgery (with surgeons like this one) and/or radiation and more chemo, it's not all that likely that he's going to die (or even be that sick) in 6 months. His course will be a lot more prolonged and through it he will become familiar with a new term: "Stoma".

Stoma as in colostomy? Why is that? Is his GIT involved?

The Humber breach is interesting, I don't think he had a statement much about the breach at Mount Sinai. Certainly he was never "fuming". Humber, as we may recall class, was where he went for the "broken toe" a while back before they found the tumour. If some something were to surface that the "broken toe" was actually a ruse... There might be something a fair bit more juicy here than that latte sipping breach.

Standing corrected... Western not Humber for the TOE... Wonder what else Humber does a lot of...

Forgive me if this has been posted trying to catch up.I think number was the named beneficiary of the "elegant fundraiser" at difos in August. The bobble head sales etc.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is doing an emergency media conference regarding the MD recently diagnosed with Ebola in NYC. "It’s believed that he traveled on the New York subway".

One more reason I'll vote for a candidate who is a skilled communicator ( "smooth talker", if you will ), and works well with other levels of government, councillors, media and emergency services chiefs.

Forgive me if this has been posted trying to catch up.I think number was the named beneficiary of the "elegant fundraiser" at difos in August. The bobble head sales etc.

Yes.

This bobble head sale reeks to high heaven. It's being promoted through the mayor's office, and the bobble head features the mayor in the chains of office. But only a portion of the proceeds are going to Humber River hospital. Whither the rest of the proceeds?

Then this on twitter this morning:
Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 25 mins
Cam Wooley says Ford family will make donation matching money pulled in by bobblehead sale, for Humber River Regional Hospital #TOPoli

I think we're supposed to read that as the Fords will make a generous family donation that matches the bobble head proceeds and ALL will go to the hospital. But this is the Fords, so I doubt it.

I'd bet they're planning to pocket the bobble head sales as campaign funds and have only the family's money go to the hospital. All of which would completely violate campaign rules, as the whole event was promoted as a mayoral charity initiative.

I call bullshit.

Last edited:
I bet this has been posted already (so, so, so hard to keep up minute-by-minute around here ...). But in case it hasn't, this and the various tweets-in-reply are gold ...

Tabatha Southey @TabathaSouthey · 22h 22 hours ago
Tonight we are all little bitches.
#TOpoli

Regarding the whoa-this-giant-thread-might-soon-be-closed talk, I say,

(1) It ain't over 'til it's over.

(2) I hope Rob loses Ward 2, survives cancer, then lives to 80 or so losing Ward 2 again and again. That's what he's earned.

(3) I do not know what the appropriate reward for Doug is. Being some kind of happy medium-rich Chicago business-dude seems unjustly kind to him, but I'd take it if we could be assured that WE NEVER HEAR ABOUT HIS LYING MALEVOLENT ASS EVER AGAIN.

Stoma as in colostomy? Why is that? Is his GIT involved?

He has a 15 cm tumour in his lower abdomen that is *at least* locally advanced. It probably involves some bowel. It's really hard to say specifically without seeing his scans, but these can be very aggressive debulking surgeries. It really depends on what other organs might be affected by tumour invasion. I recall something about nerve/vascular involvement which may be a greater risk for post-op complications.

Last edited:
If he's smart he'll be convincing them that voting for him is their best chance of not having to vote again in six months.

I've been part of Andray's door-to-door team. You have to be very careful how you have that conversation. There are some who identify right away with "Rob's my guy" but you have to pretty quickly decide if they are reasonable or if they're coming at you with the kitchen scissors (joke). If they do ID as Ford fans, you can decide to counter with, "Rob's had a tough go of it lately, but do you think he will be well enough to serve as your councillor?" And you may well get the answer "Oh yes, he'll be fine", which is in the realm of make-believe.

I've canvassed so far in pleasant bungalow land, posh towers and basic towers. The people in Ward 2 have been (almost) unfailingly polite and pleasant even if you can see they have kids to put to bed or dinner on the stove. What's very surprising at this late stage is how many tell us they don't yet know who they are voting for as councillor. *Opening to a great conversation.*

This evening we knocked on the door of a man who had a Ford For Mayor sign on his lawn. When this happens, our opening question is, "Have you decided who you'll vote for as councillor?" The answer isn't always "Rob of course." He said he hadn't decided, so we had a nice chat about Andray and he seemed genuinely interested in his platform proposals. Andray said at the start, don't stereotype the people in Ward 2.

This is Crazy Town, I won't be surprised if Doug and Deputy Rob get back in.

"Between Ford & Tory I want Ford to win. If a conservative must win let it be the one most likely to leave office early in disgrace."
https://twitter.com/appsbymarc/status/525078104067571712

Just like Rob left office early in disgrace? Oh, wait, at this moment Rob is still Mayor of Toronto.

Also, I will be in literal disbelief if Doug is elected mayor. If I get the news that Doug has won, no matter what I perceive at that moment to be mundane, detailed and undistorted, no matter how much evidence there is that I am conscious, awake and lucid, I will immediately strain to wake myself from the nightmare. I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who thinks that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back