News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll results- the key here is vote splitting. All of these candidates are considered (rightly or wrongly) to be left of Ford.

Hypothetical matchups

Here’s how the poll found potential candidates might fare in a mayoral by-election, in various combinations, if voters went to the polls right now.

• Chow (42); Ford (33); Vaughan (12); Carroll (6); Don’t know (8)

• Chow (38); Ford (32); Vaughan (11); Stintz (9); Carroll (4); Don’t know (6)

• Chow (37); Ford (28); Tory (17); Vaughan (10); Carroll (3); Don’t know (6)

• Ford (32); Tory (27); Carroll (20); Don’t know (20)

• Ford (37); Vaughan (30); Carroll (16); Don’t know (17)

• Ford (31); Vaughan (23); Tory (23); Carroll (13), Don’t know (11)

• Ford (35); Vaughan (25); Stintz (16); Carroll (10); Don’t know (14)

Forum Research poll of 897 Toronto residents done Dec. 14. Margin of error: 3 per cent 19 times out of 20

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cit...w-only-serious-by-election-threat-to-rob-ford

It's difficult to talk about Ford's health issues without descending into insult, which isn't called for no matter your opinions on the man. But: his health isn't off-bounds, as some others here have said. One can't fail to notice how unhealthy he looks, to the point of appearing uncomfortable in his own skin. Forget his responsibilities as a mayor; he's gotta get that under control for his kids otherwise he's toast.

That would be sad, no one would want to see that. Hopefully he looks after himself and is getting the medical attention that he appears to need. I despise him as the elected leader of our city and as a person, but I certainly don't want to see him die.

I'm going to guess - spite.

One of the more interesting things about Ford's term is that he's been so ineffectual he's done almost zero damage, so his backers can argue he's been good for the city because his few wins stand out. If you do not look for incompetency, you don't see it?

Beyond trolling, why would you vote for him again?

He will do it just to piss people off, especially the hippies, cyclists, pinkos, homosexuals, public transit users, lefties, environmentalists, humanitarians, unions and all the sensible people who didn't vote for Ford. In Ford Nation, if you're not a right-wing extremist, you're the enemy who needs to be defeated and ridiculed.

Drink? Divorce? DUI? Deco?
The rumour I heard is personal interference in a very large Public Works Contract because the terms of the RFP were not favourable to a relative. But I have no idea if there's actually anything to it or not, particularly as I heard this months ago, and nothing has come out.

The rumour I heard is personal interference in a very large Public Works Contract because the terms of the RFP were not favourable to a relative. But I have no idea if there's actually anything to it or not, particularly as I heard this months ago, and nothing has come out.

I've heard something completely different, but with Ford, almost anything's possible.

Unsurprisingly apt:

villain-ford.jpg

http://torontoist.com/2012/12/2012-villain-rob-ford/

I wouldn't read too much into early polls such as that because the person voted Mayor has often been the one in the early distant position. That said, it still amazes me how blind so many forumers here are to the fact that Ford has the highest probability of replacing Ford, not only in a potential bi-election but also in winning a second mandate in the next election. Be very prepared for Ford to still be in office for another 6 years!

For Ford supporters it is amazing to me how blind many are to the fact that a Ford victory can only be a Pyrrhic one. Ford has no credibility on council. Council will and should continue to largely ignore him for the remainder of his term / terms in office.

Be very prepared for Ford to still be in office for another 6 years!

...though given the tone of discussion I awakened over the last few pages, the "if he lives that long" qualifier ought to be considered.

Which, in the end, might wind up vindicating your point in spite of itself; that is, we ought to be prepared for, if not Ford, then a de facto torch-carrying Ford-exec proxy to be there for another six years. All the more so if said proxy (unless it's *Doug* Ford) is a more palatable messenger in the bigger picture.

Remember what I've said over and over: a lot of those so-called "Ford victories" have actually been more like "generic right-of-centre mayoral regime victories", for which Ford has received undue credit...

...though given the tone of discussion I awakened over the last few pages, the "if he lives that long" qualifier ought to be considered.

Which, in the end, might wind up vindicating your point in spite of itself; that is, we ought to be prepared for, if not Ford, then a de facto torch-carrying Ford-exec proxy to be there for another six years. All the more so if said proxy (unless it's *Doug* Ford) is a more palatable messenger in the bigger picture.

Remember what I've said over and over: a lot of those so-called "Ford victories" have actually been more like "generic right-of-centre mayoral regime victories", for which Ford has received undue credit...

If that happens, it truly would be a Bizarro Toronto.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back