News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the upside John Tory is an improvement over the Fords. On the downside... no more entertainment for the rest of the world. Lets hope Toronto gets back on track.

He gave us back our self respect. If FN had got back in, I don't think the world would ever take our great city seriously again.

Worms has barely mentioned Tory winning. He has to be crushed.

He sure is dispensing some exceptional fresh baked word turds tonight though!

On Ford’s threat to run again in 2018:

“Nobody knows what they are doing in four years let alone in four minutes so the prospect is just as viable as any other. But the good news for voters is that Rob Ford has his mind set on being on council and keeping his eye on the cookie jar.â€

So no more Chow in politics for at least 4 years? She lost her mayoral bid, she doesn't have a council seat, she can't go back to being and MP. She's well and truly out of it. She'll have to get a real job for the first time in many, many years.
And why can't she go back to Ottawa? Federal election next year. She lives in the University-Rosedale riding, one of the new ridings. She'd be up against Chrystia Freeland, and there no NDP candidate yet.

That's my bet.

“Nobody knows what they are doing in four years let alone in four minutes so the prospect is just as viable as any other. But the good news for voters is that Rob Ford has his mind set on being on council and keeping his eye on the cookie jar.”

I can see former MINO Rob becoming a real pain in the ass for the Mayor-elect. Unlike ex-presidents, he doesn't retire to a ranch. Rob will still be in CH, reminding everyone that he used to be the mayor.

And, JT will have to handle him gently because of his illness.

What a shocking result. I'm glad I didn't win the pool. I was feeling very gloomy when I predicted 38% for Thug.

I think my disillusionment with Toronto is going to be permanent. It appears that Calgary is now English Canada's most progressive large urban region. Who would've thunk that 10 years ago? .

I'm not so sure. See, for example, Calgary's MPs.

“Nobody knows what they are doing in four years let alone in four minutes so the prospect is just as viable as any other. But the good news for voters is that Rob Ford has his mind set on being on council and keeping his eye on the cookie jar.”

Ford definitely looks like a guy with his eye on the cookie jar.

“Nobody knows what they are doing in four years let alone in four minutes so the prospect is just as viable as any other. But the good news for voters is that Rob Ford has his mind set on being on council and keeping his eye on the cookie jar.â€

He'd be staring at the crackpipe and keeping his eye on the colostomy bag instead, from the looks of it.

AoD

I hope with a sane person in charge, interest in municipal politics and political figures dies down to what it was pre-crack-smoking-mayor era, and the Fords are somewhat forgotten. There is simply too much attention paid to the Fords. Ford nation will lose interest and dissolve. Ahhh, if only...

Final results, all polls reporting

John Tory 394952 40.28%
Doug Ford 330652 33.722%
Olivia Chow 227002 23.151%
Ari Goldkind 3910 0.399%

What a shocking result. I'm glad I didn't win the pool. I was feeling very gloomy when I predicted 38% for Thug.

I think my disillusionment with Toronto is going to be permanent. It appears that Calgary is now English Canada's most progressive large urban region. Who would've thunk that 10 years ago? F*cking Tea Party politics have infected Canada and we're no different than the USA now. The Canada and Toronto I grew up in--with Trudeau and Crombie at the helm--is dead.

I'm not sure the gloom is justified. If Tea Party politics were the norm here in Canada, Doug would have won. Ford Nation seems formidable, but it is also stagnant. Unlike 2010, Ford lost almost all support in Old Toronto. Rob Ford had respectable numbers in many downtown ridings in 2010. He also easily won North York, which today went completely for Tory. Tory even won a riding in Scarborough, and several in Etobicoke. Ford has thrived on the suburban/urban divide narrative, and tonight, it isn't as apparent that the city is divided strictly along urban and suburban lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back