8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob won. Mikey won. Doug lost.

Even with the Ford solidarity, this doesn't bode well for family gatherings.
It's funny you should say that sweetlou. A reporter asked Rob last night if he thought he could have won based on Doug's numbers and he didn't deny it. He started to say something, caught himself, and then repeated his "Doug did a great job" speech.

Rob said that he goes back for tests tomorrow to see if the tumor has shrunk. That could be a very grim appointment and set up a by-election very soon.

Well, confidentially, I had the feeling from ventures through Ward 2 that Domise's campaign had a bit more overidealistic Potemkin to it than he was letting on. The lack of lawn signs, for one--and not just because Fordsters were snatching them; really, second-place Larocque *was* more front-lawn visible. It was all urbanite-pleasing organic airy-fairy, not enough real Steak Queen meat and potatoes.

I can confirm that a ton of Domise signs were stolen and/or vandalized multiple times, to the point that Andray straight-up stopped putting them on peoples' lawns for their own safety. I don't know how much that accounts for, but even last night, Andray's signs were torn up and tossed over the side of the road on Kipling Avenue.

Visibility and name recognition is key in these elections (hence the number of reprehensible incumbents who walked right back into their own seats), and there was a concerted effort to silence Andray via destruction/theft of the signs.

At this point we just need Rob to survive/not get Juded out long enough that council can make an appointment vs. a by-election. Allow for some "cooling off" from this election so Mikey the Mute can't ride in on Rob's campaign hearse.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that we need ranked ballots, term limits and party politics. This bullshit name recognition that everyone seems to ride in on is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Would it be in bad taste to start a death pool? I'm giving him two years.

Six months, max. And that's only if they have a semi-successful surgery. He's toast.

I expect we'll see some kind of Ward 2 fiefdom by-election in the spring, although I'm betting it's not Doug -- he seems to think he has bigger fish to fry. Mikey?

It's funny you should say that sweetlou. A reporter asked Rob last night if he thought he could have won based on Doug's numbers and he didn't deny it. He started to say something, caught himself, and then repeated his "Doug did a great job" speech.
As odd and unbelievable as it seems, I think Doug did better than Rob would have. Apparently lying is ok for Ford Nation, but ongoing substance abuse issues probably turned some Rob voters away. How so many people can support either of these reprehensible individuals given all of the facts that we know about them (or elect Mutey for that matter) is beyond me.

Six months, max. And that's only if they have a semi-successful surgery. He's toast.

I expect we'll see some kind of Ward 2 fiefdom by-election in the spring, although I'm betting it's not Doug -- he seems to think he has bigger fish to fry. Mikey?

Randy? The 4Ks? Anyways, at this point the heat should be kept on Deco - it's the meal ticket.

As odd and unbelievable as it seems, I think Doug did better than Rob would have. Apparently lying is ok for Ford Nation, but ongoing substance abuse issues probably turned some Rob voters away. How so many people can support either of these reprehensible individuals given all of the facts that we know about them (or elect Mutey for that matter) is beyond me.

That might be balanced out with the natural "charm" that RoFo got - his brother is too reptilian in that regard. Though increasingly I am of the mind that you can have a vegetable running with a Ford name and it'd still get ~33% of the votes.

AoD

Last edited:
Doug Fords Ex Lawyer ‏@weneversue 49s49 seconds ago
1 - You read it hear first, Rob will bow out of council seat in 6 months, forcing a bi-election. He doesn't want to be a councilor #TOpoli

Six months sounds accurate.

Not Mikey. He has to be a trustee now.

Would it be in bad taste to start a death pool? I'm giving him two years.

Not in bad taste at all. You're not wishing, just speculating. If I had to do the same, I'd give him less than that. 12 - 18 months perhaps. Again, not wishing - I'd wish for him to see the light & get well, live another 25 years, STFU and stop being an unrepentant douchebag & an insufferably bigoted prick. Unfortunately, our wishes don't factor into this and it's "up to the man upstairs" or whatever the proper NightScrawler syntax would be.

At this point, my beef is more with the horde of Ford Nationals that buy into this freakshow than with the bobbleheads themselves. The ranked ballot initiative can't move fast enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back