News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as if no one cares to remember how disruptive construction of the Sheppard line was: a whopping great hole that created more problems than either St Clair or Eglinton.

It's all confirmation bias (anti-confirmation bias?). They want subways over LRT and so they're willing to believe that the LRT work being done is far more disruptive than subway work—although the entire underground section of the crosstown is being done the exact same way a traditional subway would. I've seen news reports with "angry residents" of Eglinton and they all seem to be shot in the area where it's underground. Even chief NIMBY SAL lives in an area where the LRT will run underground, and where the exact same work is happening that would be happening if it were Toronto Rockets instead of Flexity trains.

All because it's called an LRT and not a "subway".

Last edited:
It's all confirmation bias (anti-confirmation bias?). They want subways over LRT and so they're willing to believe that the LRT work being done is far more disruptive than subway work—although the entire underground section of the crosstown is being done the exact same way a traditional subway would. I've seen news reports with "angry residents" of Eglinton and they all seem to be shot in the area where it's underground. Even chief NIMBY SAL lives in an area where the LRT will run underground, and where the exact same work is happening that would be happening if it were Toronto Rockets instead of Flexity trains.

All because it's called an LRT and not a "subway".

Easy solution to that - bore a tunnel straight through with no stations whatsoever. I am sure they'd be happy about the lack of disruption and lack of access in that case.

AoD

Easy solution to that - bore a tunnel straight through with no stations whatsoever. I am sure they'd be happy about the lack of disruption and lack of access in that case.

Who's to say they haven't already done that?

Rob Ford did build subways, hundreds of miles of them; but it will be poor John Tory who takes the flack for the construction of all those stations.

Who's to say they haven't already done that?

Rob Ford did build subways, hundreds of miles of them; but it will be poor John Tory who takes the flack for the construction of all those stations.

Ford Nation: 'Hey, whoa, whoa ... nobody told me they'd be buildin' stations to go on those imaginary subways I'll never take'.

I don't care much for politics, but it was a nice to surprise to have #DougFord guest speak in my class today. Do...
https://twitter.com/RadioFLL/status/532374666833567744

Not sure where this was taken?

Really, what could Doug possibly have to teach anyone? 'Okay kids, here's how you use a company that makes shitty labels as a front for organized crime. First, you take a house and list it as an 'office', then you hire a bunch of your criminal buddies ...'.

Nice of them to bugger off to Florida while baby bro is having chemo. Wonder if mama bear is there with her 2 Cubs. Such a supportive and loving family.

Nice of them to bugger off to Florida while baby bro is having chemo. Wonder if mama bear is there with her 2 Cubs. Such a supportive and loving family.

It's none of my business where Doug spends his time, but isn't he getting paid ( if he donates his salary is a moot point, I don't believe media will ever challenge him on it anyway ) to be at work until December?

JoTo showed up at City Hall, and the sunrise service at Prospect cemetery on Remembrance Day, and he isn't even on the payroll.

Last edited:
It's none of my business where Doug spends his time, but isn't he getting paid ( if he donates his salary is a moot point ) to "work" until December?
It's not like he did much, if any, Councillor-type work for the past four years anyway. The ward won't even notice that he's gone.

It's none of my business where Doug spends his time, but isn't he getting paid ( if he donates his salary is a moot point, I don't believe media will ever challenge him on it anyway ) to be at work until December?

JoTo showed up at City Hall, and the sunrise service at Prospect cemetery on Remembrance Day, and he isn't even on the payroll.

JoTo: cuz that's what actual leaders do.
DoFo: that he's even a possibility for PCPO leadership says a lot about the party. Leader? Yeah right.

Although he is the master, here's my attempt at a casita meme post. If Doug Ford and his reputation were around in the 50s ....
Como Ford.jpg

Attachments

• Como Ford.jpg
    Como Ford.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 809
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back