News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that means he's confident he can win and he might throw Ford under the bus at his trial.

Unless things improve dramatically with Rob's health, he won't be around to deal with the consequences of anything that Lisi has to offer at trial. Rob's dealing with a much bigger problem than jail time.

I'm guessing that means he's confident he can win and he might throw Ford under the bus at his trial.

I read it that he's confident either that he'll get off, or that he'll go down but get a big payment for keeping his trap shut. Despite his nickname, he won't rat Ford out this time. If he were going to throw Ford under the bus, he'd do so to get a plea bargain, not decline it.

Unless things improve dramatically with Rob's health, he won't be around to deal with the consequences of anything that Lisi has to offer at trial. Rob's dealing with a much bigger problem than jail time.

My thoughts exactly. If Slob really is as sick as he appears, his continued existence isn't a factor, and thus he's of no further use to Lisi. Why, then, shouldn't Lisi throw Mayor Moron under the bus? The only reason I can think of is that he might be wary of the rest of the Familgia, but they honestly don't seem to give much of a shit about poor, deathly ill Baby Bro themselves. Such a lovely family dynamic...

I read it that he's confident either that he'll get off, or that he'll go down but get a big payment for keeping his trap shut. Despite his nickname, he won't rat Ford out this time. If he were going to throw Ford under the bus, he'd do so to get a plea bargain, not decline it.

Yeah, possibly he's just disproving one of Doug's legendary maxims. Looks like maybe you CAN buy that kind of loyalty....

(Personally, I can't imagine what the bond between these guys is but I feel like by the time the whole world was mocking me for [allegedly] crying like a baby while the high-on-crack mayor of Toronto beat me up I would start thinking about how close our friendship is and whether that plea deal might be the right way to go.)

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. If Slob really is as sick as he appears, his continued existence isn't a factor, and thus he's of no further use to Lisi. Why, then, shouldn't Lisi throw Mayor Moron under the bus? The only reason I can think of is that he might be wary of the rest of the Familgia, but they honestly don't seem to give much of a shit about poor, deathly ill Baby Bro themselves. Such a lovely family dynamic...

Call me morbid, but at this point in the game he might be more useful to the aspirations of the family dead than living. Nothing like a martyr to galvanize the folks (or to bury the unseemly aspects of one's life).

AoD

Last edited:
It's good for us if he rejects plea and goes to trial. If he accepted the deal none of the evidence (including the crack video) would be made public, right lawyers?

Call me morbid, but at this point in the game he might be more useful to the aspirations of the family dead than living. Nothing like a martyr to galvanize the folks (or to bury the unseemly aspects of one's life).

AoD

Doug might be hoping for him to expire closer to the PCPO leadership vote should he choose to run, or if he decides to take another run at the mayor's job, then it would be better for his fortunes for Rob's saintly martyrdom to occur closer to the next municipal election. I know it sounds cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if the family thinks in terms like this.

Norm Kelly just tweeted the seating plan for the upcoming council session. RoFo is between Stephen Holyday and Paul Ainslie. Should be interesting.

It's good for us if he rejects plea and goes to trial. If he accepted the deal none of the evidence (including the crack video) would be made public, right lawyers?

I am not a lawyer, but if some/all of the evidence is made public that could incriminate Ford and others, right? The question becomes: who is he protecting?

I am not a lawyer, but if some/all of the evidence is made public that could incriminate Ford and others, right? The question becomes: who is he protecting?

Himself? Sandro probably figures he has a good defence, otherwise he would have taken the deal.

Is the seating plan done randomly?

Norm Kelly @DMayorKelly 12:35 PM - 12 Nov 2014
.@natrashia When we moved from Metro Hall to City Hall after amalgamation, a random draw determined seating. FTR: You can request a change.
https://twitter.com/DMayorKelly/status/532587514067161088

Toronto City Clerk @TorontoCouncil 11:55 AM - 12 Nov 2014
@CedricRichards Seat assignments for Wards were drawn by lot after amalgamation. Members may swap seats if both agree to the move.
https://twitter.com/TorontoCouncil/status/532577552377073664

As one of his last tasks as deputy mayor, Normie ought to rearrange the seating plan by fiat, I say.

Rofo beside Ainslie isn't a bad start for shits n giggles, but I think Rob should be made to sit *on* Dense Minnan-Wong. It'd be familiar territory. He used to kiss Rofo's arse plenty.

Will Mams still be offering table dances for $10? Gotta keep those camping funds coming in because shortfall..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back