News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ this stuff pisses me off to no end. The inane braying and incessant chanting of the mantra: RESPECT FOR TAXPAYERS. When you're "watching every dime that goes out of this place" did you happen to notice the roughly $800,000 over the past four years paid to a millionaire Mayor that, if at all, doesn't show up for work until early afternoon when he stumbles in hung, high or both then knocks off at 3 pm to huff crack and piss in parks before drunk driving home? Not to mention the anticipated $100k salary paid to an absentee councillor in the next four years?

How is it possible that so many people buy this crock of BS?

I can't account for the sheer numbers, but it basically involves convincing voters that they are oppressed, victimized and ignored when in reality they almost certainly aren't.

Earning a low income and struggling financially, possibly due to your own spending habits? Even though you don't pay as much in taxes as some people, RoFo says your taxes are being wasted! Wealthy elites (Fords not included) are making decisions about how to spend your money!

Reasonably well off - like, multiple homes and cars well off? Even though you have no real idea of what things cost or how much of your taxes goes where, RoFo says your money's being wasted by lefty 'progressive' elites on pet projects, the dubious arts, the homeless, the poor, gays and (illegal) immigrants!

Whether he's appealing to the poor or the rich, Ford, by insisting on taking care of things himself, is fostering a sense of helplessness and the idea that everyone but him is conspiring against you, the voter.

I can't account for the sheer numbers, but it basically involves convincing voters that they are oppressed, victimized and ignored when in reality they almost certainly aren't.

It's such a delicious lie that a lot of people are eager to swallow it. See also: "subways, subways, subways, everywhere except downtown because they don't deserve it, and all at no additional cost to you".

Last edited:
“These guys are getting fully loaded before they get onto their next move,” he said. As for what role he may play in mayor-elect John Tory’s administration, “That’s up to John, if he wants to put me in opposition, I’ll do a good job of that,” he said. “I’ll be watching every dime that goes out of this place and goes in. That’s up to John, so I’ll keep an eye on him.”

Jesus Christ this stuff pisses me off to no end. The inane braying and incessant chanting of the mantra: RESPECT FOR TAXPAYERS. When you're "watching every dime that goes out of this place" did you happen to notice the roughly $800,000 over the past four years paid to a millionaire Mayor that, if at all, doesn't show up for work until early afternoon when he stumbles in hung, high or both then knocks off at 3 pm to huff crack and piss in parks before drunk driving home? Not to mention the anticipated $100k salary paid to an absentee councillor in the next four years?

And these guys have the nerve to paint RESPECT FOR TAXPAYERS all over their Winnebago that they park across half a dozen handicap spaces while they're inside making it rain with $20s?

Respect my ass fatboy. How is it possible that so many people buy this crock of BS?

And paying a hefty salary to a "Director of Logistics" who did nobody-knows-what, and on and on. None of that matters, because as the lemur says, it's all about making voters feel oppressed by the elites and convincing them that only he is looking out for them.

How much of the spotlight and oxygen will Rob try to steal with his fake bluster next week when the new term starts?

I could very easily be wrong, but Rob seems to be a shell of his former self. These chemo treatments are cumulative and he will just feel worse as he gets more rounds of it. If you can believe what he said, it isn't shrinking the tumour at all and he can't get surgery unless it somehow gets smaller. It looks pretty grim right now.

You're not the only one who feels that way.

At this point, I think most of the poeple who've been posting regularly in this thread feel the same way too.

It might be his last chance at grabbing any media attention, although it does look like the chemo has finally knocked the wind out of his sails.

At this point, I think most of the poeple who've been posting regularly in this thread feel the same way too.

It might be his last chance at grabbing any media attention, although it does look like the chemo has finally knocked the wind out of his sails.

He won't be out of the hospital before the weekend, so I doubt he'll be in any shape to show up next week. I think shit is starting to get real for Rob.

“These guys are getting fully loaded before they get onto their next move,” he said. As for what role he may play in mayor-elect John Tory’s administration, “That’s up to John, if he wants to put me in opposition, I’ll do a good job of that,” he said. “I’ll be watching every dime that goes out of this place and goes in. That’s up to John, so I’ll keep an eye on him.”

And these guys have the nerve to paint RESPECT FOR TAXPAYERS all over their Winnebago that they park across half a dozen handicap spaces while they're inside making it rain with $20s?

Respect my ass fatboy. How is it possible that so many people buy this crock of BS?

Well said.

He was officially put on Modified Duty over a year ago. Been on full salary the entire time, except during rehab, apparently.

His hours of work seem to be nobody's business. But to many with his sabre rattling he is a hero.

i've been away for a while, but have a few stray thoughts about the rob situation:

1) he lived by the sword of 'fame' and now he's dying by it. fame's fickle, and rob was always way, way more compelling as a celeb than a policymaker (he actually made none). so now other stuff is in the news and rob's been dropped like a hot rock - his fame will be as useful as whoever won "american idol" 5 years ago, or something. maybe the odd bar appearance or crappy radio gig - but that's it. this must be frustrating him massively.

2) more importantly, the news that lisi turned down the bargain is compelling. i don't think it got enough press here. i read it like this: everyone around the guy knows that rob can't go on the stand again - he's hopeless under oath. further, i have to guess they really don't want this thing to go to trial in general because of what would have to be entered into evidence. i'm not sure that lisi's really confident of winning a trial so much as i suspect his funders have strongly suggested that he plead guilty. it's true that he'd get a worse deal doing so than in taking the plea bargain, but it also means he never has to turn evidence against rob.

3) doug's run at the province is real. the pcpo is in disarray and need new blood. either they opt for a steady hand on the tiller, or they throw caution to the wind. doug's ranting about cookie jars (and total absence of meaningful policy) will play well elsewhere in the province, too - i know plenty of people in the 519 and 705, for instance, who might buy it. the pcpo should have tough internal vetting in place, but in a sense the past 4 years have already been a referendum on that: deal hash? never show up at work? spew bigoted hatred? 1 in 3 don't care!

Last edited:
Extending his 15 minutes again. He's right about the pizzazz, and they also need Ferris Wheels.

"Ford says decision soon as ‘stars are aligning’ for PC bid"

“You know what’s missing? The word is ‘pizzazz.’ "

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...on_soon_as_stars_are_aligning_for_pc_bid.html

I think the reason he lost 25 pounds (or whatever amount it really was) was because he is going to run. I bet KKKKK put him on a diet and got him exercising to lose that much so fast.

I think the reason he lost 25 pounds (or whatever amount it really was) was because he is going to run. I bet KKKKK put him on a diet and got him exercising to lose that much so fast.

Many of the real candidates actually lost weight running Municipally. DoFo did not. DoFo cares not. (If it wasn't already clear) OPC, PAY F*CKEN ATTENTION..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back