News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been away for a while, but have a few stray thoughts about the rob situation:

1) he lived by the sword of 'fame' and now he's dying by it. fame's fickle, and rob was always way, way more compelling as a celeb than a policymaker (he actually made none). so now other stuff is in the news and rob's been dropped like a hot rock - his fame will be as useful as whoever won "american idol" 5 years ago, or something. maybe the odd bar appearance or crappy radio gig - but that's it. this must be frustrating him massively.

2) more importantly, the news that lisi turned down the bargain is compelling. i don't think it got enough press here. i read it like this: everyone around the guy knows that rob can't go on the stand again - he's hopeless under oath. further, i have to guess they really don't want this thing to go to trial in general because of what would have to be entered into evidence. i'm not sure that lisi's really confident of winning a trial so much as i suspect his funders have strongly suggested that he plead guilty. it's true that he'd get a worse deal doing so than in taking the plea bargain, but it also means he never has to turn evidence against rob.

3) doug's run at the province is real. the pcpo is in disarray and need new blood. either they opt for a steady hand on the tiller, or they throw caution to the wind. doug's ranting about cookie jars (and total absence of meaningful policy) will play well elsewhere in the province, too - i know plenty of people in the 519 and 705, for instance, who might buy it. the pcpo should have tough internal vetting in place, but in a sense the past 4 years have already been a referendum on that: deal hash? never show up at work? spew bigoted hatred? 1 in 3 don't care!

I agree with 1) and 2) sounds about right, but I get the impression Vic Fedeli is making a good impression on the PCPO, whereas Doug is just hanging around waiting to be anointed. However, I don't really follow the provincial Tories' doings and I may just be willing to believe Fedeli stands a good chance because I don't care who leads them as long as it's someone who is Not Doug.

DoFo's "progressive" because Kathleen Wynne can't dance and John Tory can't rock & roll.

Adma: You made that Loggins and Messina song instantly pop into my head - Hard to believe it is 40 years old now...

Those lyrics could spawn a political "spoof song" about this situation...

LI MIKE

I think the reason he lost 25 pounds (or whatever amount it really was) was because he is going to run. I bet KKKKK put him on a diet and got him exercising to lose that much so fast.

I'm voting for methamphetamines or amphetamines, they work well.

Yeah, RoFo and DoFo in their Rockscalade...

BoulderMobile.gif

Long-time Ford ally Mammo finally set to face the music?

StrashinCBC 10:41am via Twitter for BlackBerry
Wonder how that Toronto police probe into Gouncillor Giorgio Mammoliti's illegal fundraiser is progressing.

Just curious here...Does anyone know if D Ford is even a paid up member of the PCPO?
Will D Ford be treated as an outsider given Richard Ciano PCPO president is or was N Kouvalis's business partner?
Does D Ford have the expectation of selling innumerable PCPO memberships to Scarborolonians, Etobicokers and TCHC tenants will get him the leadership?
Does D Ford even understand the voting process for the PCPO leadership?
Has D Ford or his followers been making any quiet negotiation to have 122 ridings represented (the number for the 2018 election) or is he sitting blithely on the existing 107 and missing out on potentially 15 more urban that possibly might take him over the top?

Long-time Ford ally Mammo finally set to face the music?

StrashinCBC 10:41am via Twitter for BlackBerry
Wonder how that Toronto police probe into Gouncillor Giorgio Mammoliti's illegal fundraiser is progressing.

This was quite a random tweet. Did he say anything more or was he just thinking out loud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back