News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, maybe it should be edited.

View attachment 38579

So, were they a precursor of Billboard Liberation Front? Same thing? Anyway, image led me to the site. Now in deep. Thanks. I think...

Edit: Watched the vid. Australia, late 70's-early 80s. Amazing.

Last edited:
In regards to the new thread title, Oh am I ever so glad that Rob Ford's vision of Toronto never has and never will come into existence. :)

In regards to the new thread title, Oh am I ever so glad that Rob Ford's vision of Toronto never has and never will come into existence. :)

"Rob Ford's vision of Toronto never has and never will come into existence."

Doug was the only mayoral candidate out of 67 ( I believe that was the exact number ) who came close ( uncomfortably close ) to beating John Tory.

So, the question remains, without John Tory to stop Doug, can anyone else?

I'll avoid using the term "a heartbeat away". But, if something were to happen to JT, we could find ourselves in an election sooner than we think.

What Rob's health status will be for the 2018 is unknown, but Doug is more than ten years younger than JT. And from what I have read, is still enthusiastic about politics.

ETA: Whatever Rob's "vision of Toronto" was, he and Ford Nation did have an impact on our city.

Last edited:

Doug was the only mayoral candidate out of 67 ( I believe that was the exact number ) who came close ( uncomfortably close ) to beating John Tory.

I'll avoid using the term "a heartbeat away". But, if something were to happen to JT, we could find ourselves in an election sooner than we think.

What Rob's health status will be for the 2018 is unknown, but Doug is more than ten years younger than JT. And from what I have read, is still enthusiastic about politics.
Christine Elliot may have made a deal with DoFo. In exchange for him not running for CON leader, she may have said something like, you help me win the leadership, and I'll make sure you get the nomination for MP for Etobicoke, etc etc etc.

Christine Elliot may have made a deal with DoFo. In exchange for him not running for CON leader, she may have said something like, you help me win the leadership, and I'll make sure you get the nomination for MP for Etobicoke, etc etc etc.

If Ford Nation can be contained to North Etobicoke, I'm ok with that:
http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2014/05/screen-shot-2014-05-09-at-4-21-18-am.png

The only time I pass through it is via the centre-core of the 401.

Just for fun, I looked up the Job Call for: 311 Contact Centre Services Representative
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/hr/jobs....6fe0003ff434/288932ac191b3ff7852579280043192e

Last edited:
Just for fun, I looked up the Job Call for: 311 Contact Centre Services Representative
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/hr/jobs....6fe0003ff434/288932ac191b3ff7852579280043192e

I think someone noted before that Rob isn't qualified for a 311 rep job.

The four years of Fords brought out some dark sentiments in Toronto, and I hope the next four years make those go away so that there is no reason for Ford Nation or its ilk to exist in 2018. It's up to this crop of politicians and us to make sure that happens. At least we won't be seeing endless selfies of a stupefied mayor or crack videos. We can definitely put all that in the past and get on with city building instead.

If Ford Nation can be contained to North Etobicoke, I'm ok with that:
http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2014/05/screen-shot-2014-05-09-at-4-21-18-am.png

The only time I pass through it is via the centre-core of the 401.

Rob must get someone else to use the computer, which is one of skills required for a 311 Contact Centre Services Representative. He uses hardcopies. Uses the computer monitor to tape photographs on.

Just go through this list of qualifications needed for that position, which Rob totally fails:

Key Qualifications:

1. Considerable experience working in a call/contact centre environment.
  2. Considerable experience providing effective customer service using e-mail and/or over the phone.
  3. Considerable experience inputting data and maintaining large multi-screen databases and managing large volumes of information.
  4. Experience searching, extracting and interpreting information from various databases and software applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, etc.)
  5. Ability to accurately and concisely communicate orally, electronically, and in writing.
  6. Ability to exercise good judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with members of the public, media, and elected officials.
  7. Superior conflict resolution skills to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of staff and the public.
  8. Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, including attention to details, and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
  9. Excellent keyboarding and proof reading skills with emphasis on accuracy.
  10. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
  11. Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
  12. Ability to interpret and provide compliance information on legislation as it relates to specific program areas.
  13. Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem-solve with minimal direction.
  14. Knowledge of contact centre principles and practices.
  15. Ability to work varied shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and statutory/religious holidays.
  16. Ability to work overtime when required.

Okay, #2 (using the phone), he may qualify.

Last edited:
Rob must get someone else to use the computer, which is one of skills required for a 311 Contact Centre Services Representative. He uses hardcopies. Uses the computer monitor to tape photographs on.

Just go through this list of qualifications needed for that position, which Rob totally fails:

Okay, #2 (using the phone), he may qualify.

I think you're being unduly harsh on Rob. He would technically have #1 too, his mayoral office was a type of call centre.

I think someone noted before that Rob isn't qualified for a 311 rep job.

I can't picture Rob showing up on time five days a week at Metro Hall and working eight-hour shifts in a cubicle:
http://torontoist.com/2010/09/unseen_city_the_toronto_311_call_centre/

I'm sure there is a lot of supervision, performance and productivity measurement and attendance management. From what I have heard of call centres, although it is clean, inside work with no heavy lifting, not everyone enjoys it.

Last edited:
Call centres are notorious for the amount of sheer abuse their employees are expected to endure from the general public and (more often than not) their supervisors. I've never worked at one, but I've known people who have, and the horror stories I've heard about these places were pretty hair raising. There's no way Ford would be able to tolerate working at such a set-up even if he could handle the workload, hours, etc. He's too used to having his gigantic ass kissed.

ETA: Whatever Rob's "vision of Toronto" was, he and Ford Nation did have an impact on our city.

I may have missed something, but it seems almost a week has passed and Doug has somehow managed to STFU. Anyone seen him doing anything at all since Tory's swearing-in?

Call centres are notorious for the amount of sheer abuse their employees are expected to endure from the general public and (more often than not) their supervisors.

Very true. While of course it varies by employer, a call centre job is typically low-status, low-empowerment, high stress, and often subject to extreme micromanagement in addition to abuse from clients. It's fairly common for workers to have their stats on things like number of calls taken, duration of each call, amount of time spent in wrap-up/unavailable status, etc., intensely scrutinized, and be rewarded or penalized (most likely the latter) accordingly. Staff are often given contradictory goals, like customer satisfaction or upselling vs. short call time. The high turnover and low status of the job means training is often minimal, despite the fact that the nature of the job means that staff need a reasonable understanding of their company's products, services, or areas of business. Despite the difficult conditions and low pay, companies are all too eager to outsource these positions to overseas countries, where the staff earn even less, and just as importantly, are usually even less empowered to actually do anything about the things people are calling about in the first place.

RoFo, with his general disregard for following procedures, courtesy, punctuality, and respecting anyone's authority other than his brother, wouldn't last a day in a typical call centre environment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back