News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with that generation and swimming? I'm pretty sure that both my grandpas lied about swimming feats as well. One about swimming across the border to Detroit and the other about diving off the same bridge as Johnny Weismuller.

haha, my Dad's claim was that he was able to swim to Stag Island (St. Clair River between Ontaro/Michigan, s of Sarnia). Maybe it was all those movies with Weismuller and Esther Williams?

If they can phrase it right so it's not totally embarrassing ('Ford Family Centre for Cancer Treatment') they'll take the money.

The Trillium Health Centre in Mississauga has a Colonel Harlan Sanders Family Care Centre. Yes, the guy from KFC. I'm surprised they didn't call it the Kentucky Fried Chicken Wing.

The Fords being as a chintzy as they are, they probably won't get anything more than a plaque in a hallway.

A hospital naming something after a fast food chain - yikes! :eek: I bet the company wanted KFC in the name but the hospital would only accept using a person's name (thereby honouring an individual's philanthropy rather than how they made their money).

As for the Fords, I suspect it'd take donations in the upper 6 figures to 7 figures to get those naming rights.

What is with that generation and swimming? I'm pretty sure that both my grandpas lied about swimming feats as well. One about swimming across the border to Detroit and the other about diving off the same bridge as Johnny Weismuller.

It was the style at the time. My grandpa swam to school every day, 20 miles uphill both ways ...

A hospital naming something after a fast food chain - yikes! :eek: I bet the company wanted KFC in the name but the hospital would only accept using a person's name (thereby honouring an individual's philanthropy rather than how they made their money).

As for the Fords, I suspect it'd take donations in the upper 6 figures to 7 figures to get those naming rights.
Haha it's not named after the fast food chain, and Colonel Sanders was dead 20 years before the Colonel Harlan Sanders Family Care Centre was created. KFC Canada was sold to PepsiCo in 1986.

Colonel Sanders actually lived in Mississauga for almost all of the last 15 years of his life after selling his U.S. interests in KFC. He donated a lot of his money in Mississauga and that's why they decided to name the hospital wing after him.

Last edited:
haha, my Dad's claim was that he was able to swim to Stag Island (St. Clair River between Ontaro/Michigan, s of Sarnia). Maybe it was all those movies with Weismuller and Esther Williams?

Maybe that was what my grandpa was talking about too -- he was in Sarnia as well.

To keep this thread on topic, Rob Ford is an awful human being.

Maybe that was what my grandpa was talking about too -- he was in Sarnia as well.

To keep this thread on topic, Rob Ford is an awful human being.

yes, yes he is. While people have seemed to ease up on him 'cause Cancer, just remember that beyond abusing drugs/alcohol (which a lot of good people end up doing), he sexually harrassed/physically assaulted employees (Valentine's Day?), drove drunk, quite possibly physically abused his wife, offered his wife up to his buddies - even if he was joking - man's NOT a good person.

yes, yes he is. While people have seemed to ease up on him 'cause Cancer, just remember that beyond abusing drugs/alcohol (which a lot of good people end up doing), he sexually harrassed/physically assaulted employees (Valentine's Day?), drove drunk, quite possibly physically abused his wife, offered his wife up to his buddies - even if he was joking - man's NOT a good person.

Let us not forget that Robbie ran for councillor and won playing the cancer card so any criticizing of his actions is fair game.

Let us not forget that Robbie ran for councillor and won playing the cancer card so any criticizing of his actions is fair game.

well okay then!

Here's a song I wrote last year before anybody knew if the video actually existed. (I mean, WE knew it did, but some people didn't believe Doolittle, Donovan and Gawker.) I know this is a bit dated, but I'm slow.
I also don't write any 'Cutback Viscount' type lyrics. So my apologies.
Anyway...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXD7oRiP7Fs&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
well okay then!

Here's a song I wrote last year before anybody knew if the video actually existed. (I mean, WE knew it did, but some people didn't believe Doolittle, Donovan and Gawker.) I know this is a bit dated, but I'm slow.
I also don't write any 'Cutback Viscount' type lyrics. So my apologies.
Anyway...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXD7oRiP7Fs&feature=youtu.be

That was wonderful! I can not believe the air that big man gets. Curious: what happens to the g awker monies that are not spent for the intended purpose?

Did anyone happen to catch Bill Blair being interviewed on CP20-FORD yesterday? Apparently, he said something to the effect of the investigation on Ford still being an ongoing concern. I only saw that comment summarized on CP24's news crawl, so I can't attest to its accuracy.

Not only that, he pretty much LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING. Including the fact of lying about stuff he admitted to but had previously denied, because he hadn't been asked 'the right questions'.

He had the nerve (or perhaps just the idiocy) to blame each of his problems on other problems he had - when his apologists and boosters weren't doing the rationalizing for him, that is.

He smoked crack because he was drunk because he was under stress because the media were tailing him and asking him difficult questions because he never told them his schedule and because the cops were following him because he was associated with oh, a couple dozen different criminals.

But hey, it's 'in the past' and besides it was 'on his personal time'. And it's 'not about the truth'.

I really hope his political career is over at some point soon.

As a reader who is on the 40 posts per page system I have been confused when posters point out milestones on this thread. Today however I point out its page 2500 for those of us on the 40 post system. Math wise it means we are nearing a hundred thousand posts. Holy Hanna that's a load of energy effort and emotion spent on this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back