8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
well okay then!

Here's a song I wrote last year before anybody knew if the video actually existed. (I mean, WE knew it did, but some people didn't believe Doolittle, Donovan and Gawker.) I know this is a bit dated, but I'm slow.
I also don't write any 'Cutback Viscount' type lyrics. So my apologies.
Anyway...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXD7oRiP7Fs&feature=youtu.be

Nice job, memories tend to be short in politics so we need to keep putting the facts out there.

As a reader who is on the 40 posts per page system I have been confused when posters point out milestones on this thread. Today however I point out its page 2500 for those of us on the 40 post system. Math wise it means we are nearing a hundred thousand posts. Holy Hanna that's a load of energy effort and emotion spent on this man.

Looks like 35 to go...

As a reader who is on the 40 posts per page system I have been confused when posters point out milestones on this thread. Today however I point out its page 2500 for those of us on the 40 post system. Math wise it means we are nearing a hundred thousand posts. Holy Hanna that's a load of energy effort and emotion spent on this man.

Lets hope we won't have to post so much about John Tory, even if he becomes a three-term mayor.

Maybe that was what my grandpa was talking about too -- he was in Sarnia as well.
Strange, my grandfather's swimming story that I mentioned way back when in this thread (he was a volunteer YM-YWCA swim coach who trained a female competitor for some meet at the Exhibition that I misremembered from childhood stories as him being Marilyn Bell's coach) happened when he was living in Sarnia as well. My grandfather grew up in Toronto but relocated from the Goodyear plant somewhere down along the Etobicoke lakeshore to Polymer in Sarnia when it was built during the war.

If I remember correctly there were a ton of posts lost at one point, don't know if they came back, regardless he has been a lightning rod for comment, both pro and against.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Festivus and a Merry X-Mas.

P.S. @nohostages, here's a pic of my Festivus pole, it's not actually a pole, it's a U channel piece of aluminum extrusion, but it gets me in the spirit of the season!

Festivus Pole (450x800).jpg

Attachments

• Festivus Pole (450x800).jpg
    Festivus Pole (450x800).jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 626
Very interesting! When he said what he did about Doolittle, was it sincere? Btw, Ghomeshi is misspelled quite often.

he said very little about Robin Doolittle considering her involvement with Ford. Interesting that he's speculating on what may come out in court. I do feel for him in that he's broken a lot of stories (ORNG, abuse in group homes etc) and the cheesiest (Ford) gets all the attention.

If you want to torture yourself, Rob is on Newstalk 1010 with Wormington.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Warmington is now calling out Torontoist for putting him and Ford on their Villains list. "What have they [Torontoist] done for the city?"

Worms is funny when he is mad!

Last edited:
he said very little about Robin Doolittle considering her involvement with Ford. Interesting that he's speculating on what may come out in court. I do feel for him in that he's broken a lot of stories (ORNG, abuse in group homes etc) and the cheesiest (Ford) gets all the attention.

He was just being polite. I wanted to see if he'd be honest on the record.

From Joes show, Fords tumour has to get down to 2 cm before it can be removed. Twenty five days straight of radiation next. Sounds like he might not be able to testify in March.

From Joes show, Fords tumour has to get down to 2 cm before it can be removed. Twenty five days straight of radiation next. Sounds like he might not be able to testify in March.

Too soon to say IMO, Jimmi. If Rob is just out of surgery at the time of Lisi's prelim, then yeah, he won't be in any shape to testify. It could be the same if he's prescribed more chemo after radiation. (Does anybody know if that's a possibility?) Also, we won't know — or aren't supposed to know — what's given as evidence/testimony at the prelim. It will be subject to a publication ban. Canadian media won't report it. U.S. media might, assuming they're still interested in the story.

Is radiation not as bad as chemo? I am not a medical expert.

I only know from my wife's experience. Radiation didn't mess her up the way the later stages of chemo did. She'd go in daily before work and then be on her way. It only took a few minutes. But there were a lot of other issues — messed up hormones etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back