5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.02.46 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.02.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.02.46 PM.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 474
Would even the provincial Tories be dumb enough to come sniffing around if Thug tries pimping himself out for a future stay at Queen's Park? He's abrasive to say the least, and has a knack for making enemies. I doubt he endeared himself to Tim Hudak with some of his comments over the last few years. And he's in the whole public service racket purely for the sake of Ego. He and Slob are the most naked self promoters I've ever seen in local politics. Such creatures are not team players, and won't do as they're told by those higher up on the food chain. That's a lot to take into account even for a political party as desperate as the current provincial PCs. And out of the 2 of them, Slob's the "popular one." Thug has as much personal popularity as a toothache. I just don't see it.

Would even the provincial Tories be dumb enough to come sniffing around if Thug tries pimping himself out for a future stay at Queen's Park? He's abrasive to say the least, and has a knack for making enemies. I doubt he endeared himself to Tim Hudak with some of his comments over the last few years. And he's in the whole public service racket purely for the sake of Ego. He and Slob are the most naked self promoters I've ever seen in local politics. Such creatures are not team players, and won't do as they're told by those higher up on the food chain. That's a lot to take into account even for a political party as desperate as the current provincial PCs. And out of the 2 of them, Slob's the "popular one." Thug has as much personal popularity as a toothache. I just don't see it.

Sure they would. They know there's a lot of people out there who would vote for Ford, many of whom don't normally vote for the PCs. I think the only thing that's stopping them is the likely stories about his drugdealing.

I'd be very surprised if Doug doesn't end up as a provincial MPP, that's why he's backing Eliot so much. He does that in return for a seat (likely Etobicoke or Scarborough). And those who think he'd be a silent backbencher who never gets the chance to speak? He's going to do exactly what the Fords have done till now, blabber on at anyone who gives them the opportunity, about anything under the sun, with the certain knowledge that the Sun, CPtwentyFord et al will be all over them every time he opens his lying mouth.

He's going to be around a long time I'm afraid. I think he could easily win a seat in the next federal or provincial elections. And he'll refuse to be a quiet backbencher. He'll be meddling in Toronto's affairs for several years to come.

I'd love to see Doug run in the federal election.

Another Baby Herman to replace Baird?

Johnny won't come to my party!!!

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.52.54 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.52.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 12.52.54 PM.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 457
-- Re: Tory won't help the Ford brothers --

As if Tory needs any other reason, Ford designated propogandist Neil Flagg has pivoted his "I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford" Facebook page from a general purpose attack page that targets all opponents of Ford to a straight-forward John Tory insult machine. That alone would make me refuse to even look at either Ford in their face.

*Actually, just checked now and it's not *purely* anti-Tory. Flagg seems to have time to slander Olivia Chow -- a March 21st posting has an unbelievably racist photoshopped image of Chow with chopsticks and a rice bowl full of hundred dollar bills.

IHTWORF This morning said:
Doug spent $900,000 on his campaign, of which $600,000 came out of his own pocket. Doug said he believes in the Rotary motto, which is "service before self" or something to that effect, and if $600,000 is the cost to the Ford family of serving the people of Toronto by giving them a voice, then that's the price he's willing to pay. If this doesn't prove that the Fords are the real deal, then I don't know what could. These people are in politics for all the right reasons, and we salute them unreservedly.

Sounds like the Ford Family is a party to me... disqualified for contributions or office?

Colonel Flagg has been grasping at straws since the "meryl" election, it's sad to read his entries and the comments. I would assume Koresh started in a similar fashion.

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/11/did-doug-ford-just-announce-that-hes.html

Thursday, November 27, 2014
Did Doug Ford just announce that he's running for Premier in 2022?
Ok, so I'll admit that Doug's announcement that he isn't running for the leadership of the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party was unexpected. However, on reflection I think what he's actually done is announce his intention to run in 2022. Here's why:

•We can safely assume that staying out for the good of his family of university-aged children is total BS
•Ford does have considerable support in the 416/905 and would have been a contender for the leadership
•Ford's desire to be premier is well-documented
•Ford clearly has no interest in the daily grind of politics. A lengthy spell in the opposition benches would not be his cup of tea
•Ford owes Flaherty a few chits, but he's clearly not doing this just to be nice to Christine Elliott
•The PCPO may have insisted he place Deco in a blind trust as leader, but it's not in good enough shape to do that just yet
•Someone may have some really dirty dirt on him, and/or the PCPO won't let him get involved until the Conflict of Interest case is settled
Based on what we know to date, this is probably what Doug is thinking:

1.Elliott has this one locked up so long as he stays out of the race
2.Elliott would be receptive to a "deal" that keeps him out of the race
3.Deco needs some love and attention for a few years, and his siblings are useless at business
4.Elliott stands a good chance of winning government in 2018
5.If he agrees to stay out of the PCPO race and back Elliott, he can probably secure the nomination in Etobicoke North and have Elliott commit to putting him in cabinet
6.Elliott will be 67 in 2022, so she's probably going to be a one-termer
7.Assuming Elliott becomes premier and he's a cabinet minister, that leaves him in a perfect position to take over the leadership and the premiership without ever having spent an elected minute outside of government

There's also the chance that Ford will run this time around - but Elliott would need to drop out (or get pushed out). It's not like the Ford's have ever been involved in ploys to keep people from running...

I think Doug thinks this is him showing "the people" who the real John Tory is, like he said so many times during the campaign.

Most the time Dougie does act like a tween auditioning to be a mean girl.

David Soknacki was a gentleman during the mayoralty campaign. John Tory was right to give him some support.

Dough (sic) Ford was not and is not a gentleman, and neither was or is his brother. John Tory should turn his back on both of them.

'Member all those clean, crisp $20 bills Doug was handing out? Well, he wants them back. It was just for show guys, c'mon, enough's enough. This is serious.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 7s7 seconds ago
Mayor John Tory says he won't raise money for Doug Ford's campaign ads that attacked his character #TOpoli
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 49s50 seconds ago
Mayor Tory says anyone who thinks he'd help Doug Ford pay off campaign debt "must think I fell off a turnip truck"
Ann Hui ‏@annhui 25s25 seconds ago
Tory says helping Ford raise money would mean he's paying for the running of ads "to attack me"..." You can't expect me to pay for them"
Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 21s21 seconds ago
"I think people would call into question if I'm thinking straight," if he helped Doug Ford pay off his campaign debts, Tory says

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back